MotoGP 2022

Do you know who were the riders interviewed?
From the first comment on the page, give you a few names:
From Larry Simons, one of the riders that day: "Hi Peter, I hope all's well, yes, I first saw that a few days after the 1968 Bathurst (Easter Saturday 13 April), it was on tv probably around 17th April, I was very surprised to see it back then, I had no idea it was filmed or was going to be shown. I picked up very quickly on myself while we watched it, I appeared for less than 2 seconds - #23 coming over the top of the 575 foot climb in second place at 4 minutes 18 seconds to 4' 20" & out of shot. That's the first lap of the Unlimited B grade race, I started from the third or fourth row & pretty well gathered up those in front of me on Mountain straight, about 1000 yards in length, before the quite steep right-hander & climb of about 1 in 10 towards the tiger parts of the track. The bike ahead of me was Brian Scobie from New Zealand on #34 a 500 Manx, following me was John Warrian on his 750 Triumph with a locally made chrome-moly frame, much the same as the Seeleys, following him is Brian Crane on #120 a Dunstall 750 Norton, I past the Manx around the top of the mountain but approaching the very tight 'Esses' (where the guy - 'Garry Thomas' lost his front wheel & tumbled) was passed by both John & Brian Crane as they out-braked me into the steep drop down towards the start of Conrod Straight. I repassed the 750 Norton on the Straight but again was severely out-braked again slowing from about 135 / 140 mph down to about 40 mph. Just over a half a lap later, I could barely see where I was going & had no front brake at all, amazingly every time I heard another bike close to me, I'd push-on a bit harder & managed to hold onto second place. Later that day with some rough old repairs - cardboard & a 50 cent coin packed between the caliper piston rubber & the solid brake material disc pad (no piston because nobody told me there was supposed to be one in there lol) I managed a 7th place in the Unlimited GP, without boiling the hydraulic fluid BUT without a rear brake because the plastic covering over the inner cable had slipped & the cable was rubbing against another steel part & wore through very quickly. That 1968 Bathurst clip was put into a documentary called 'The Bikies' (I'm sure that's the name). I find it very puzzling that some guys said they feel sick & weak before a race, I've never had those sorts of feelings, it's always been "come on, let's get this race going" etc, just recently some friends of mine were discussing their racing & said that almost every time a race meeting came up, they'd vomit & couldn't eat immediately before it, just what have I missed to cause that?"

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
Do you know who were the riders interviewed?

Not been able to find out sorry. Best I could do was the same as OldBlueFan .
I went to a Facebook page where it was posted and figured there'd be a bunch of old codgers regaling stories of those involved but all there were were a bunch of old codgers regaling old stories but no mentions of the protagonists interviewed. My Dad thought it might've been his first year there but didn't know who any of them were.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Not been able to find out sorry. Best I could do was the same as OldBlueFan .
I went to a Facebook page where it was posted and figured there'd be a bunch of old codgers regaling stories of those involved but all there were were a bunch of old codgers regaling old stories but no mentions of the protagonists interviewed. My Dad thought it might've been his first year there but didn't know who any of them were.
The first guy looks like he could be from the current day and sent back there in a time machine.

donsupreme

Draftee
Jul 18, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
How is it Ducati can field 8 bikes and consistently find ways to fumble the bag? They're getting beaten consistently by one Yamaha and one Aprilia.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
How is it Ducati can field 8 bikes and consistently find ways to fumble the bag? They're getting beaten consistently by one Yamaha and one Aprilia.

Ducati themselves haven't really fumbled - their bike has been consistent and competitive at every round, finishing top 2 at every race but one where they were third. Their issue is their riders aren't consistent which is a variable they have less control over.

Back