Motorsport photos

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Thread starter #1
On Sunday, I went to the first round of the Victorian State Circuit Racing Series at Phillip Island. So I thought I'd share some photos of an event some of you, if not all, may not have even known was going on. I rarely attend the high profile races, but do attend smaller ones and plan to attend even more than normal this year.

Personally, I think the best race meeting in the country (my favourite at least) is the Phillip Island Classic, which is held the week before the GP. I'm dirty my camera stuffed up before that event. But anyway, here you go...

Formula Vee

HQ Holden

Formula Ford

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Thread starter #2
Sports Sedans

Historics

Improved Production

Paddock

This caused the red flag to come out of the second FVee race and the abandonment of the rest of the schedule. Of which, there were still two races left to run.

NitroFan

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
these are a few years old now and ive posted them in another thread before. no editing to them. ive probably got some better more recent oens buts its been ages since i went through my photos. got a few reccently of 4-wide racing in charlotte but theyre mostly stationary start line shots and i havent even looked at them yet aside from on the camera screen.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
That's some nice work guys. I particularly like the Castrol doorslammer shot. I really enjoy taking photos when I head to the Island to see the bikes, have thousands of shots but have never quite got the knack of the bike in focus with the background blurred to get the sense of speed they're actually travelling at. Might post a couple of shots up later.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
They're some brave photographers on the exit of those corners! :eek: I also like the 'projector' beams the rally cars are using these days. ;) Like your work.

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Thread starter #9
They're some brave photographers on the exit of those corners! :eek:
The yellow Datsun, fourth photo? Almost lost complete control coming into the corner and was close to collecting the spectators further on from the guy with the black hoodie and 3/4 in the second photo!

I also like the 'projector' beams the rally cars are using these days. ;)
Not just that, they're the only significant light at the spectator points! Between cars, it's almost pitch black!

There's more to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DREAM TEAM BUFF

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC & HRT
Wasn't last Weekend's categories Porsche GT3 Cup, Sports Sedans, Superkarts, Australian GT, Australian Manufacturers Championship & Touring Car Masters.

Anyway they are back at the The Island near the end of the year.

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Thread starter #17
How did you get that shot of the car spinning into MG? Looks like you were up a tree!
I was standing on the outside of the exit of the last corner, the same spot where I took the Sports Sedans on the rolling start. You can see MG in the distance from there, obviously. There's more room on the screen and more time to take that type photo when it's so far away. I've also edited the picture so that it's a bigger feature and in the centre. I would never have been able to take a good photo of the Mercedes-Benz that crashed right in front of me, there was also an Audi R8 that did simliar, but almost no damage done.

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Thread starter #18

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Thread starter #23
It's doing a burnout. In hillclimbing, either some cars are allowed or you have the option to, you can do a burnout to help traction with the start, like in drag racing.

Top Bottom