Motorsport photos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Thread starter #252
I was done with this thread, as far as my adventures to PI were concerned. How many more photos of Formula Vees could you really be bothered seeing?

A) Bad luck. You're going to see a few more!

This meeting, which is called "Island Magic", an end of year bash, so to speak, was also the nominated meeting for this year's Formula Vees Nationals. In the last prelim heat, this guy was in a pack of 10-12 cars battling for the lead. He was running in the middle of it, on the outside of T1, before losing control, sliding across the track. Somehow, a multi-car accident was avoided. It then slide past me, and slammed into the wall hard. Really hard! It was the biggest thump into a wall I'd seen, except for the James Brock smashing the MB exiting the last corner in the GT race, I showed you a couple of years ago. He really banged into it.

Islan Magic 2014 029.JPG

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Thread starter #254
1 final. 56 starters. 10 laps. This was the finish.

Islan Magic 2014 047.JPG

The photos doesn't really tell much of a story. There was a pack of 10-15 cars battling for lead for the first 9 laps (most just off shot), before these two broke away with the help of lapped traffic. The bloke in the orange/black car was leading as they started driving over the rear end of the grid.

56 starters. 45 finishers. Here's 45th place. Had there been 56 finishers, he'd have been 56th.

Islan Magic 2014 046.JPG

Last edited:

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Thread starter #255
Just some random other pics. Some of you would know of Simon Evans, 4-time Aus Rally champ? This is him.

Islan Magic 2014 025.JPG

This bloke is from WA. He won this meeting last year. Well, he obviously wasn't anywhere near as successful this time.

Islan Magic 2014 041.JPG

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Thread starter #258
My feeling of validation in the other thread has now been replaced by feelings of inadequacy. Due to the superiority of ozph1870's camera.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
Yikes!! Amazed to see it's almost two years since this thread has been posted in. So to update it, thought I'd share some photos of some events I've been to in the past few years - and not all 2 wheels at Phillip Island. To start with are some shots I took last weekend at the Tooradin Tractor Pull.

23.jpg

12.jpg

Top Bottom