Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GANTy 2

• LiamBoy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

(GG - I ask you not to move this etc etc)

GANTY 1
fitzroylions2011prescopy.png

Tigerdrive
wcerichspreadsmall.png

GANTY 2
sydneysmurfs.png

LiamBoy
PortAdelaideEagles.png

Ive only got two choices :p;)

I like the gold on black wings, but not a big fan of the Tigers logo. As for the clash I really do like this, that is what Richmond should do next year.

Didnt really have the same impact it did when I first looked at it. I feel like it is a bit of mish mash of colours now I look at it a bit closer.

Im torn between both of the designs I can vote for, but Tigerdrive gets my vote.

I like the gold on black wings, but not a big fan of the Tigers logo. As for the clash I really do like this, that is what Richmond should do next year.

Thanks GANTY, Richmond are getting a new apparel sponsor next year so hopefully we see a change in clash jumper. The sad thing is the members actually voted for the current clash jumper over the version you see in my jumpers.

I voted for Gantys first jumper myself, Liamboy's was a very close second great creativity shown in that design.

Thanks GANTY, Richmond are getting a new apparel sponsor next year so hopefully we see a change in clash jumper. The sad thing is the members actually voted for the current clash jumper over the version you see in my jumpers.

I voted for Gantys first jumper myself, Liamboy's was a very close second great creativity shown in that design.
No worries mate. ;) Yeh Omegaville said that the Richmond members voted for the current clash. Im probably one of the few that dont mind the current clash but Id much rather the inverted home as a clash in 2011, preferably without the back sash, like the home they wore in the '90s.

Thanks for the vote aswell:thumbsu:

Ganty2 wins my vote - feels most "original" of the lot. It'd even work without the monogram. I felt it had the edge over Tigerdrive's, which is great colour-wise but also just happens to be a Werribee and a WA jumper.

Ganty1 actually "breaks the rules" as it involves a non-AFL team, if the backstory is to be believed... and it just feels too Fitzroy dominated.

Liam's is just... ergh. Take two fashion disasters, add a dose of lightning and you get... THAT. Needs more ochre :)

Ganty1 actually "breaks the rules" as it involves a non-AFL team, if the backstory is to be believed... and it just feels too Fitzroy dominated.

no, Fitzroy, University and the Brisbane Bears were all allowed to be in

Your choice: You can choose what and how many AFL* teams you merge.

*current or former

no, Fitzroy, University and the Brisbane Bears were all allowed to be in

Yeah, but if you read Ganty's entry for that one, he included a minor SA team called Fitzroy as well as the "real" Fitzroy.

There was no Fitzroy FC, in the SAAFL, in 1986 when the original merger of Fitzroy and Footscray was to happen. The FFC in the SAAFL were formed in 1987 after three clubs merged. That was all found out through further research into the topic.

So really the story shoud go; Footsroy merged and moved to Renown Park in SA and a year later they agreed to taked a new merged amatur club under their wing as part of their grassroots program.

There we go, there is way around everything ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was no Fitzroy FC, in the SAAFL, in 1986 when the original merger of Fitzroy and Footscray was to happen. The FFC in the SAAFL were formed in 1987 after three clubs merged. That was all found out through further research into the topic.

So really the story shoud go; Footsroy merged and moved to Renown Park in SA and a year later they agreed to taked a new merged amatur club under their wing as part of their grassroots program.

There we go, there is way around everything ;)

sorry GANTY, the polls have been made so theres no altering guernseys/stories

GANTY 1 is disqualified, anyone who voted for it can post here if they want to change there vote

or i might just be joking :p

GANTY 1 is disqualified, anyone who voted for it can post here if they want to change there vote

Surly not. The stories arent even included in the polls and a votes are very rarely placed/not placed because of the backstory.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18890277&postcount=19

There's the original post, in no way does that imply that the amateur FFC had any say or part in the jumper design or anything else. They got taken over by the newly formed Fitzroy/Footscray, the only part the amateur FFC had to do with the Footsroy was the location of the new club. The only reason I included that part of the back story was because it was a better choice then the Crows IMO.

The backstory for the FFC in SAAFL. Quoted from the official SAAFL website.
In 1987 Renown Park, St. Dominics and St. Peters Y.C.W. football clubs amalgamated to form the Fitzroy Football Club, playing in the uniform of the then V.F.L. club of the same name. At the time of the amalgamation, St. Dominics had slipped from an A1 club to A3, and Renown Park and St. Peters were both languishing in A6. At the end of the 1996 season the club was in financial crisis due to overinvestment in poker machines and went into liquidation, but a new board of management restructured its finances, and the Club continued to field three senior teams and juniors. The record holder for games played is Sid OLeary.

BTW Omegaville, why wait until now to bitch about my small slip up (which isnt even there IMO) Why not jump all over it like you did with Tigerdrive's WCE/Rich entry or craegus' Carl/Ess entry. At least if you had of brought it up then I could have altered it or explained myself.

I don't think a backstory in necessary. Its the best design that should win, not the greatest creative writing piece. There is no rule that says you need a back story, in the first few MOTWs barely anyone used backstories, it was the best incorporation of two teams jumper designs.

i don't think a backstory in necessary. Its the best design that should win, not the greatest creative writing piece. There is no rule that says you need a back story, in the first few motws barely anyone used backstories, it was the best incorporation of two teams jumper designs.
amen!

There's the original post, in no way does that imply that the amateur FFC had any say or part in the jumper design or anything else. They got taken over by the newly formed Fitzroy/Footscray, the only part the amateur FFC had to do with the Footsroy was the location of the new club. The only reason I included that part of the back story was because it was a better choice then the Crows IMO.

BTW Omegaville, why wait until now to bitch about my small slip up (which isnt even there IMO) Why not jump all over it like you did with Tigerdrive's WCE/Rich entry or craegus' Carl/Ess entry. At least if you had of brought it up then I could have altered it or explained myself.

Bitching? Hardly. OK, I made a mistake when reading it originally, and you explained it anyway - that was enough for me (as you would have seen - I said "very good", just as Hans Moleman did when reading the wine list). The only issue I had was that your other one (Sydney/Carlton) was much better.

OchreCoxy has overstepped the mark here for disqualifying you. The fact it made it to polling means your entry was valid. I had no intention of seeing you disqualified.

Heck, be happy you got two entries this far... I haven't had any get this far.

Apologies to all for inadvertently setting a cat amongst the pigeons.

Not that I agree with it but, if GANTY1 is disqualified, I vote for GANTY2.

did no one wonder why there are a few empty lines at the bottom of this post?

Back