MOTY - Roos v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos.
Goldstein should provide a decisive advantage around the stoppages.
Wasn't his best tonight but can see him having a real impact next week.
He couldn't beat Roughhead last game against the dogs.
This game is all about Norths tall forwards versus dogs mobile defense. Can Norths tall forwards take enough marks? Last time, got smashed by the small defenders.... let's see if they have learnt.

Roos.
Goldstein should provide a decisive advantage around the stoppages.
Wasn't his best tonight but can see him having a real impact next week.
Weird thing to say considering Roughead is finally putting it together and Campbell was the best tall playing tonight. Don't think he'll be the difference - I am very intrigued to see how our smaller, zoned defense goes against the high scorer tall Roos forward line.

Bring it on :)

Bulldogs should bring North back down to earth. North have had a pretty easy run so far, besides a lucky win over Adelaide.

Don't rate them. Quite a few sides better than them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fascinating match ups, Dogs play short down back and have to handle the big 3 North forwards. Dogs don't have a big name ruck (Roughead does a job though) and North have the best ruckman.

Looking forward to it already.

North by 5-6 goals. North's more mature bodies and experience will allow a comfortable win.

North's premiership window is open this year, we still have a few years of development to go.

Still not convinced about either of them. Both top 8 sides, but wouldn't have them anywhere near premiership contention yet.

Both have had pretty easy draws so far. North beat Adelaide in round 1, but since then have beaten Brisbane, Melbourne, Freo and GC. Dogs have beaten Freo, St. K, Carlton and Brisbane. I'll wait until they topple some quality teams before I start buying into the hype.

Dogs for mine. Knocked us off late last year when we were flying, their miserly defence will keep us down and they have the ability to go with us if it is a shoot out.

Still not convinced about either of them. Both top 8 sides, but wouldn't have them anywhere near premiership contention yet.

Both have had pretty easy draws so far. North beat Adelaide in round 1, but since then have beaten Brisbane, Melbourne, Freo and GC. Dogs have beaten Freo, St. K, Carlton and Brisbane. I'll wait until they topple some quality teams before I start buying into the hype.

You can only beat who you are drawn against. They have both looked quality at times this year. It is refreshing to see a few different teams sitting a top. I like.

I never understand people who say things like "Oh, North haven't beaten any good teams yet. Ooh, except Adelaide, but that doesn't matter". :confused: So we beat them, but it doesn't really count? We were lucky? Why bother beating the best teams if you lot don't wanna count it?

As for unconvincing wins, it's early and you can only beat who's in front of you. I would never have tipped us to be 5-0, yet we have a lot of improvement left and some tough clashes in the second half of the year. Tracking nicely.

Last edited:
You can only beat who you are drawn against.

Hence why I said, "I'll wait until they topple some quality teams before I start buying into the hype". Would have Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney, Adelaide, West Coast and probably even GWS ahead of both of them at the moment. I'd be happy to eat my words later this year - like you said, it's refreshing to see some different teams do well - but I think a few people may have popped their corks a little early with these two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back