Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons - Season 25 Team Thread - Congratulations Yakker - #DeestroyS25

Remove this Banner Ad

So... what's the draft looking like this year? Any decent qootballers on the horizon?
I hear sante is a restricted free agent we can pick up in the draft.

Pass?

452279_00464dc32fea1d010dec678530c37f59.png

Round 2 Review #MBD25

After the shellacking we received by the-team-who-should-not be-named in Round 1 (and afterwards realising we pretty much all lost our hard earned BullerCoins in BullerBet), we faced the Furies wanting to get a win to avoid the dreaded 0-2 start.

It was a rip-snorter of a game however we fell short 22.4 (136) to 20.13 (133) when in all honesty we could have, and probably should have, won.

A brilliant first term saw us lead 6.3 to 4.1, however at one stage we were leading by 26 points after Yakker slotted a goal at the 18 minute mark. We again managed to break out to a handy lead (21 points) half way through the second term after Headless slotted his first major, but again the Furies came back and our lead was cut to just 2 points at the main break.

In a repeat of the first two terms, we managed to score quickly at the start of the third, booting 3 of the first 4 goals all within 6 minutes, but we were unable to shake the Furies and again held a slender 6 point margin at three-quarter time.

As late as the 21 minute mark of the final term, we held more than a 2 goal lead, however quick goals to This is Anfield, NaturalDisaster and Cayz put the Furies in front with less than a minute to go. We pushed hard for the winner, but luck was not with Freo Hammer 21 or deaneus as we scored two late behinds and fell short 136-133.

Freo Hammer 21 (35 disposals, 7 marks, 6 tackles and 3.2) was everything RodneyDangerfield has ever wanted to be, whilst he was supported well by fancyscum (25 disposals, 3 goals), sante (34 disposals), sausageroll (22 disposals and 3.4), Yakker (25 disposals, 11 tackles) and Headless (4 goals).

At the other end of the spectrum, a total of 6 players managed a combined 17 disposals (me with 5, Van_Dyke 5, Thetrader15 4, brucetiki 2, deaneus 1 and Tarkyn_24 0) which is honestly not good enough.

It's not all bad though, with RodneyDangerfield turning back the clock and playing one of his best games in years with 3 kicks, 5 handballs and a goal.

We play (insert team here) next week, and really need to get a win as 1-2 looks distinctly below average, but 0-3 looks like absolute s**t.

We hope our new recruit Proper Gander gets active during the week and can nab a place in the starting line up, whilst we will also be looking for a bunch of recruits to replace the following delisted players:
  • Thetrader15
  • cats2rise
  • Van_Dyke
  • fleabitten
  • lanky_wes (Sorry, but the club will still offer our childcare service for baby_wes)
  • roo2macca
  • RodneyDangerfield (It's great that you got to finish on a high)
  • Headless (keep on reaching for that 300 rainbow, bud)
  • deaneus
  • Tarkyn_24
  • brucetiki
In other news, we want to part ways with BullerBet as they have stolen all of our money - unless of course BullerBet can come up with irresistable odds for Round 3. My suggestions are:
  • Mt Buller to lose by less than 4 goals - $1001
  • Mt Buller to lose by between 25 points and 8 goals - $501
  • Mt Buller to lose by 49+ points - Betting market has been closed
#MBD25
#hangintherekitty
#IamgoingtogobebymyselfforalittlewhileifnobodymindsIneedtoreassessmylife.
I can't believe I was FIRST on the delist thread....will you redraft me to the rookie list or through the PSD?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

upload_2018-2-13_1-25-57.png

UPDATE!!

Well a disappointing round for us on the field and in our accounts.
RodneyDangerfield , Tarkyn_24 and Headless all taking the right option. Headless looks to have taken the early lead from Trakyn who led last week. Rodder's is hot on his tail.
upload_2018-2-13_1-52-26.png

Now that Headless is in such a strong financial position the club is rethinking it's funding of the #Marchto300 celebrations.

upload_2018-2-13_1-51-38.png

upload_2018-2-12_10-49-57.png
QOOTY WRAP -

Well the week got off to a great start with what must have been an innebriated Dawn to Dark putting up the game day thread from his phone while riding in the back of a taxi on an obviously bumpy road with his eyes shut. Yep, it was less than impressive which was in stark contrast to the banter with the Furies. A good week was had with some big numbers put on the board by Headless , sante , manangatang and Tarkyn_24 all cracking the ton. Special mention to rfctiger74 who manged 273 posts, big effort! There was some real s**t slinging going on between ex Furies now at the demons and their fellow team mates.
It started within the first page and went on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on .... well you get the picture
Oh dear, poor Rodders mental ability has been in decline ever since he left the Furies :(...thought that being said, it was starting to rot prior as well.

I don’t expect you to understand me.

JackNah_8 used to be my teammate.

I used to play for the Furies.

JackNah_8 is actually Haro’s Richmond supporting alt account.

Good luck, but I reckon I have you bamboozled with this one.

cant be Haro, JackNah_8 hasnt spent 4 months bitching about how all SFA games should be played at Kardinia Park

Flathead of the week award - I doubt there is any conjecture over this one this week. It's the first time we have had dual winners in one round. Yep, the teamsheet debacle with the Furies posting an ineligible teamsheet gets rfctiger74 and Wacky Tiger the auspicious honour of being named flathead (s) of the week!!! #FHOTW

upload_2018-2-13_2-46-36.png

Qishing WRAP -

I spent my fishing time this weekend flying to Salt Lake City so didn't get out. I am however working behind the scenes to get up to a hot spot up in northern Utah to chase lake trout so hopefully next week you will have something juicy to read. In the meantime here's an old snapshot of some trout I caught up there last time I visited.
upload_2018-2-13_3-15-18.png

and here's the view from my office window

upload_2018-2-13_3-16-32.png

Last edited:
View attachment 459201
QOOTY WRAP -

Well the week got off to a great start with what must have been an innebriated Dawn to Dark putting up the game day thread from his phone while riding in the back of a taxi on an obviously bumpy road with his eyes shut. Yep, it was less than impressive which was in stark contrast to the banter with the Furies. A good week was had with some big numbers put on the board by Headless , sante , manangatang and Tarkyn_24 all cracking the ton. Special mention to rfctiger74 who manged 273 posts, big effort! There was some real s**t slinging going on between ex Furies now at the demons and their fellow team mates.
It started within the first page and went on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on .... well you get the picture

Flathead of the week award - I doubt there is any conjecture over this one this week. It's the first time we have had dual winners in one round. Yep, the teamsheet debacle with the Furies posting an ineligible teamsheet gets rfctiger74 and Wacky Tiger the auspicious honour of being named flathead (s) of the week!!!

View attachment 459188

Qishing WRAP -

I spent my fishing time this weekend flying to Salt Lake City so didn't get out. I am however working behind the scenes to get up to a hot spot up in northern Utah to chase lake trout so hopefully next week you will have something juicy to read. In the meantime here's an old snapshot of some trout I caught up there last time I visited.
View attachment 459189

and here's the view from my office window

View attachment 459190
Looks amazing mate! Hope you’re having a good time.

30 on the dees to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back