Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons | Season 32 Team Thread | Cool party!

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome New
  • manangatang

Günther was slain in the catacombs
    Aug 17, 2009
    On a boat
    AFL Club
    Richmond
    Other Teams
    Southampton F.C., eAFL SUNS
    Welcome.png

Good evening, and welcome everybody to the 32nd annual Mt. Buller Demons Best & Fairest presentation evening.

After destroying the competition in Season 31, it was fair enough to expect us to have a premiership hangover of sorts. What eventuated early in the season (culminating in the league’s best-ever team win streak) was something to behold.

We battled through the last part of pandemic lockdowns and I felt like we rocked up as best we could through the entire season. I showed some signs of fray as the season wore on, but know that my love for the club had not (and has not) diminished.

In Season 32, we welcomed a new face in Hate , who proved an astute acquisition for us. He’s a bloody great poster and we’re fortunate to have him on board. We also welcomed back club hall-of-famer cats2rise, who settled back in like that old piece of furniture you can’t quite bear to throw onto the hard rubbish pile.

The rookie class of S32 was… explosive. @pickitt settled in really well I felt, after a rather high velocity start. Bluelegs is a class poster and I’m really looking forward to seeing him come back for another crack in S33.

We are such a strong club, but that doesn’t mean that departures don’t still make us cry. Looking at you pantskyle you big poo poo head.

We had some incredible on-field results in Season 32, in addition to the historical winning streak. We found ourselves an EKA winner (he’s gone now, so yeah), a Fred Medal winner (Proper Gander) and we managed to get Tarks to break his own INSANE record for career goals by cracking 1,000 goals. Surely this won’t be matched.

Losing a prelim is never a great way to end a season, but I’m not too fussed personally. I just loved hanging out with you all.

Personally, it’s been a really tricky year and I’ve been in and out of BigFooty. What keeps me coming back is my sense of connection to this club and to you all. I thank you to those who have supported me all season in one way or another. You’re all bloody legends.

I’m sorry this is late. Life happened.

Oddhawk ,Proper Gander ,Heardy_101 ,jmoo wan ,sante ,moginie ,DemonJim ,Yakker ,Tarkyn_24 ,haydo , cooney, Callums_Guns ,Quivorir ,PaythePerryman ,Van_Dyke , sausageroll , Headless , DERO , Azarole ,cats2rise ,Bluelegs ,Hate , _Cayz_ , lanky_wes

Round 4 Leaderboard New
  • manangatang

Aug 17, 2009
    On a boat
    AFL Club
    Richmond
    Other Teams
    Leader.png

Let’s take quick look at the leaderboard after four rounds of voting…

Bluelegs – 6 votes
    DemonJim – 6 votes
    Proper Gander – 3 votes
    Tarkyn_24 – 2 votes
    cooney – 2 votes
    moginie – 2 votes

Now we’re taking a little break from the vote count to present some important club awards…​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cats2rise Medal New
  • manangatang

Aug 17, 2009
    On a boat
    AFL Club
    Richmond
    Other Teams
    Cats2rise.png

So I think we all know that if a certain poster is the JOINT-WINNER OF THE FRED MEDAL in a season, it’s quite likely that this same poster will win the award for our club’s best goal-scorer in that same season.

It just makes sense.

And so, it is my great pleasure to announce that Proper Gander is again the winner of the Season 32 cats2rise medal. That’s two in a row for those counting at home!

Congratulations!

Best Defender New
  • manangatang

Aug 17, 2009
    On a boat
    AFL Club
    Richmond
    Other Teams
    Defender.png

So I took myself out of defence for most of Season 32, and I think we would all agree that it was a fantastic thing for the fortunes of the team.

This season’s winner of the defender of the year is a poster that we all love. He’s someone that I’ve personally always wanted to keep around and have step back into posting around the place, and I was delighted to see that happen a bit more this season.

it’s amazing what can happen when you refuse to let someone retire, isn’t it?

Anyway, I’m very happy to announce that sante is the winner of the S32 Defender Of The Year award for Mt. Buller.

Congrats mate!

Remove this Banner Ad