Movements for 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hats off to the Dees for going with the youngster this week. Jack Wood comes in for the injured Barnett and Ryan O'Connor hold his place in the side after thoughts of bringing in the Pie Eater. Johns will be filthy with Farr if they win as they are the only 2 to play in the 8 flags to date (Not Arnel - as mentioned by Pete Miller in the radio ads).
The Johns boys get to play in the GF together after Squibba Johns scraps in as last man on the pine. Fancy keeping a kid out of a game at the age of 42. Poor effort. :thumbsdown:

Apparently the Dees had looked into an injuction to get Burke into the GF. Absurd figures bandied around to make it happen. :eek:
So PP,
I have not listened to the radio. Out of the 22 in the Mailimes today which one will miss out. McCrae maybe? I have not heard of this John Wood before, looks very young, how does he go?
I will go out on a very long, thin limb and say Warrack by 3 points!

So PP,
I have not listened to the radio. Out of the 22 in the Mailimes today which one will miss out. McCrae maybe? I have not heard of this John Wood before, looks very young, how does he go?
I will go out on a very long, thin limb and say Warrack by 3 points!

Yeah, McCrae and Hamilton got dropped for the qualifing final for Lloyd and Barnett. Woods has now come in for Barnett. A couple of young kids have missed out in the 2's which is disappointing. In the Eagles corner too if you haven't already worked that out. ;)

Yeah, McCrae and Hamilton got dropped for the qualifing final for Lloyd and Barnett. Woods has now come in for Barnett. A couple of young kids have missed out in the 2's which is disappointing. In the Eagles corner too if you haven't already worked that out. ;)
Many clubs swooping in on those Demons players that will miss out, even more so if they lose!

Well done Steve Schultz! Has proved himself well in WFL!

On to Saturday.. Predictions? Binns Medal?

Horsham comfortably in the 14s - Billy Lloyd for the VCFL Medal
Ararat in the 17s by 14 points- Jake Robinson
Warrack Eagles in the Magoos by 22 points- Clinton Jonasson
Demons to win the Seniors by 38 points - Damien Skurrie

Too bad the WFUA are not umpiring the game. :thumbsdown:

Hope the sub-standard umpires won't bring the overall standard down. They have been pathetic all year. Room for improvement, you have got to be joking.

Shame Commissioners Shame. But typical :mad:

Clubs grow some balls, get the WFUA back. If not, it's at your peril.

Good call SWAT. The display this year has been well below what we saw from the previous umpiring group. Far too much confusion for players and supporters alike, but then I read each week in the Footballer that the clubs have only positive comments on the new umpiring group. Not what I hear on my side of the fence though!

This is no understatement when i say the wimmera league umpires this year have been the worst umpires in the history of the league. The worse thing the league could have done was get rid of the wimmera umpires from the year before. Their understanding of the game is not up to scratch and they are on power trips during the games. It is an absolute disgrace to the league how bad these umpires have been!!!

sooner they scrap it and Bring Back the WFUA the better When i Heard about it when i with WFUA I thought I hope it back fires and by the sounds of it has :) hope they scap it before 2012 season as a bad idea

Horsham 15.7.97. d Warrack Eagles 12.13.85 (12 pts) what a great effort by the Eagles to Push Horsham from start to Finish and with a mistake on the scoreboard at the end .

Horsham 15.7.97. d Warrack Eagles 12.13.85 (12 pts) what a great effort by the Eagles to Push Horsham from start to Finish and with a mistake on the scoreboard at the end .
Well what was the final margin? 12 points or six points? Maybe it was a draw!!! Only Wimmera League could make such a stuff up!:p

Well what was the final margin? 12 points or six points? Maybe it was a draw!!! Only Wimmera League could make such a stuff up!:p

I got the scores off WMT_Sport and thats what they said 12.13.85 next came up as 13.13.91 then back to 12.13 can't afford to stuff up the scoreboard when its so close still Warrack pushed Horsham all the way so offical Margin is just 12 points that would have to be the best Grand final in a while i saw Warrack hit the post in the last Qtr if that went through wou;d been closer but getting within 12 points against Horshams a might great Effort not sure what the closest Margin would be from all their other grand finals for interest sake
:thumbsu:

Good call SWAT. The display this year has been well below what we saw from the previous umpiring group. Far too much confusion for players and supporters alike, but then I read each week in the Footballer that the clubs have only positive comments on the new umpiring group. Not what I hear on my side of the fence though!

The word i've been getting down here is that the umpiring coup is just the tip of the ice berg of a carefully orchestrated campaign for the 'big kahuna' to form his own little dictatorship. Already we have seen 2 of his 'right arm' men (and hugely respected operators) mysteriously resign, yet not publicly divulge their reasons. It is a shame that the remaining commisioners are absolutely gutless puppets towing the line.

Of course the official 'spin' is going to be that this new umpiring group is going great guns just like the once respected comissioners resigned due to personal commitments!

Apparently the new group had 35 members - but only 8 have featured in the finals series with some doing 2 matches on grand final day! (again fantastic 'spin') So much for not seeing the same blokes week in week out! And what of the mercenaries from ballarat and melbourne? I was made a ridiculous offer to come up - have these blokes been offered the same? (What ever happened to 'Razor' anyhow?) Who has been funding all this? How much will the clubs have to pay for it? Why weren't they consulted about this before such a rash decision? Why didn't the league try and work with the existing umpiring group

So many questions ..........but this is just the tip of the ice burg.

The word i've been getting down here is that the umpiring coup is just the tip of the ice berg of a carefully orchestrated campaign for the 'big kahuna' to form his own little dictatorship. Already we have seen 2 of his 'right arm' men (and hugely respected operators) mysteriously resign, yet not publicly divulge their reasons. It is a shame that the remaining commisioners are absolutely gutless puppets towing the line.

Of course the official 'spin' is going to be that this new umpiring group is going great guns just like the once respected comissioners resigned due to personal commitments!

Apparently the new group had 35 members - but only 8 have featured in the finals series with some doing 2 matches on grand final day! (again fantastic 'spin') So much for not seeing the same blokes week in week out! And what of the mercenaries from ballarat and melbourne? I was made a ridiculous offer to come up - have these blokes been offered the same? (What ever happened to 'Razor' anyhow?) Who has been funding all this? How much will the clubs have to pay for it? Why weren't they consulted about this before such a rash decision? Why didn't the league try and work with the existing umpiring group

So many questions ..........but this is just the tip of the ice burg.

The Wimmera League umpires were really good this year and most clubs would agree with that. Clubs had issues for sure but all were able to be resolved pretty quickly. If the District League are happy with their new arrangement then good for them. The district league umpires have acted like jilted lovers a bit this year which has won them no fans and the constant and pointless stuff in the media was a bit embarrassing.
The big difference for the Wimmera League clubs has been the ability to communicate about issues, obviously it was a big no no in the past to discuss issues directly with the umpire group.
All has worked out pretty well so I don’t think there will be changes. Over time if the district league umpires want to get experience at a higher level and have the benefit of a higher pay them I’m sure the Wimmera league group would accommodate that.

The Wimmera League umpires were really good this year and most clubs would agree with that. Clubs had issues for sure but all were able to be resolved pretty quickly. If the District League are happy with their new arrangement then good for them. The district league umpires have acted like jilted lovers a bit this year which has won them no fans and the constant and pointless stuff in the media was a bit embarrassing.
The big difference for the Wimmera League clubs has been the ability to communicate about issues, obviously it was a big no no in the past to discuss issues directly with the umpire group.
All has worked out pretty well so I don’t think there will be changes. Over time if the district league umpires want to get experience at a higher level and have the benefit of a higher pay them I’m sure the Wimmera league group would accommodate that.

"The Wimmera League umpires were really good " - You've got to be joking!!!!! I know that our club and at least four others were very much less than impressed. The Grand Final display was a prime example of the drop in standard this year - and these were the top three umpires??

The majority of umpires who did the District and Mallee Leagues (and whatever other Leagues they did this year) are clearly a more professional group both on & off the field and should be utilised in the Wimmera (aren't we the Major Laegue?). What were the sticking points with them in the past regarding discussion on issues?

The Commission does it's own thing without consultation with the clubs so I guess you're right - there'll be no changes next year. Having spoken with a couple of guys from the original umps group I know they won't be coming back while the present Commish is in place. I guess this year's group can only get better though - would be hard for them to go the other way!

"The Wimmera League umpires were really good " - You've got to be joking!!!!! I know that our club and at least four others were very much less than impressed. The Grand Final display was a prime example of the drop in standard this year - and these were the top three umpires??

The majority of umpires who did the District and Mallee Leagues (and whatever other Leagues they did this year) are clearly a more professional group both on & off the field and should be utilised in the Wimmera (aren't we the Major Laegue?). What were the sticking points with them in the past regarding discussion on issues?

The Commission does it's own thing without consultation with the clubs so I guess you're right - there'll be no changes next year. Having spoken with a couple of guys from the original umps group I know they won't be coming back while the present Commish is in place. I guess this year's group can only get better though - would be hard for them to go the other way!

Just my opinion, other may have seen it differently as you obviously do.
If the clubs were unhappy with anything that was going on they can always move a vote of no confidence in the commission or the chief commissioner. If the commission board members are unhappy they can obviously vote out the chief commissioner at the AGM.
Very very unlikely I would say though.
Sounds like you know about the inner working of both groups. Why do you think the old group were effectively sacked?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is no understatement when i say the wimmera league umpires this year have been the worst umpires in the history of the league. The worse thing the league could have done was get rid of the wimmera umpires from the year before. Their understanding of the game is not up to scratch and they are on power trips during the games. It is an absolute disgrace to the league how bad these umpires have been!!!

Thanks rudyru, swat, thiely etc. After fancy and Slenko's comments I was beginning to doubt the reports i had been getting from a variety of players, coaches, officials and supporters from a majority of clubs as well as media, independant photographers and those involved in football development might not have been as reliable a source as i thought!

Fancy, to be fair i should only go on what i have physically seen. Glad i was able to travel up to see an awesome battle in the grand final. Hate to even comment on it given the quality of football but your thoughts on the umpiring please?

Good it probably didnt impact too much on the match but must have been frustrating for the players as it was for the supporters near me and as quoted by those commentating on radio.

I couldnt believe the age of the senior umps and it changed little throughout the day. Wouldnt read about it in other leagues.

I can understand where a decision from a league to start a new group can come from but to use spin and declare it a success when all they can attract are recycled has beens and club umpires- they are kidding themselves! From what i can see the push statewide is for youth in umpiring with some as young as 16 doing senior gf's.

Sounds as though the recruiting strategy was based around enticing new umps with financial rewards they couldnt refuse? Or getting players and club officials to officiate? How are they then independent? Wot is the point of other clubs paying them? Might as well just get a pie and coke from their own club.

Club players boundary umpiring- pfffft! They might do a good job and all (those which are over 3ft tall anyhow - which i didnt see too many gf day!) but what a step back to the 80s!

Ump groups NATIONALLY base their recruitment on getting boundaries in the door and then making field umpires out of them when they feel more confident. These players are NEVER going to stick at umpiring and are simply taking the big bucks on offer - and i cant blame them!

I noticed the same umps featuring in 2 games on gf day? Surely they recruited more than that?

Wasnt one of the ideas of the new group not to see the same faces? How did that work out this year fancy and others? (not trying to be smart - genuinely want to know)

Either way the current situation is sad and unsustainable. Surely the best option is for the talent pool to be together for all local leagues to draw umpies from?

Maybe a better option may have been for the old group to just do senior matches so as to not stretch their talent pool - or get greater assistance from the league and clubs to recruit and improve depth. I know up on the murray one ump group made a point of putting recruitment back onto clubs by only providing umps for junior and reserves grade matches - NOT senior - for one round.

Maybe the whole drama was good for all parties to have a break from each other, thrash out some underlying issues and then come back together with a greater understanding and commitment to improve? I've seen this work in other leagues.

Interesting comment fancy about the old ump group not being able to have discussions? When i used to listen in to the radio show they used to have they were forever promoting that they were open to visit clubs, discuss issues etc?

Either way, the new group made no difference to the end result with your so called 'evil empire' even more dominant than past years.

Wasnt preventing this occurring the motivation for the new group in the first place?

Just my opinion, other may have seen it differently as you obviously do.
If the clubs were unhappy with anything that was going on they can always move a vote of no confidence in the commission or the chief commissioner. If the commission board members are unhappy they can obviously vote out the chief commissioner at the AGM.
Very very unlikely I would say though.
Sounds like you know about the inner working of both groups. Why do you think the old group were effectively sacked?

Agree Fancy that there is unlikely to be any change. Am going by what gets discussed around the club at training sessions and on match day with the opponents. No idea for the sackings. I'm only guessing that the Commish thought he may be able to entice some of the guys across but could only manage to get three who's been doing reserves and juniors. Apparently when the League was trying to orchestrate a merger between WFUA and North Central umps part of the reason was for greater rotation of umps in our league (this is what came back to the clubs) but I don't think it had anything to do with this decision given they only used a handful of guys all year. Will see what happens between now and the start of the 2012 season though.

Don't confuse clubs having an axe to grind over 1 umpire with clubs being unimpressed overall.

I know 4-5 clubs lodged a complaint over 1 umpire and that was it for the entire year.

Maybe you guys should create an umpires thread. Who really gives a toss?

Coaching appointments for 2012, perhaps some blanks could be filled in.

Horsham Jordy Burke & Brad Hartigan
Warrack Eagles Steve & Grant Schultz
Horsham Saints
Dimboola
Stawell
Minyip Murtoa Scott Arnold
Ararat
Nhill
United Paul Brooks

Horsham Saints
Dimboola
Stawell
Ararat
Nhill
United Paul Brooks

Is that Horsham appointment confirmed?

Horsham Saints
Dimboola
Stawell
Ararat
Nhill
United Paul Brooks

Andrew Bach is confirmed at Stawell and you would think Davidson would be re-appointed at Dimboola.

Strong rumours around the Sunraysia league that Shannon Motlop and John Jackson (both @ robinvale) are heading to Dimboola next year. It would be an expensive recruiting move.
Will Robinvale try to match any offers made by Dimboola???

Need to move this to the new thread guys but Farr coaching the Demons again in 2012. Burke and Hardy another year as assistants...

Horsham can't let things lie can they. Was that our resident Evil Empire poster being quoted in todays WMT?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back