Movie and TV Show scenes you like

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the scenes in Superman II where General Zod (Terrence Stamp) and fellow Kryptonian super-villains Ursa (Sarah Douglas) and Non (Jack O'Halloran) arrive on 'Planet Houston' and begin exploring their new surroundings. Zod likes the flashing red lights of a police car as it reminds him of the Krypton sun, but not the irritating noise of the siren, and he orders the police to 'make way'. Non, not knowing how the police car's lights work, rips one off to present to General Zod, who is less than impressed. Terrence Stamp's look of exasperation in this scene is perfect, as is Jack O'Halloran's look of dismay at his boss's reaction to the 'gift', but look at Sarah Douglas, and she can hardly prevent herself from laughing.

I’m certain the dance scene in pulp fiction would have been mentioned but I absolutely love the lead up to it as well. Particularly the ‘well that’s one way to look at it. Another way would be to say that, he, THREW him out the window’ etc.

Additionally:

- Conan, Subotai and the wizard snoking Thulsa Doom’s cronies in the dunes

- the rugby scene in Footrot Flats

- the race to the bridge it Khazad Dhum in LOTR

2 min 17 in. Love the first one where he invites them to dinner, leaves, comes back and makes that noise.

LOL.

I just finished watching Boyhood, a film I have not seen in four years and one of my favourite films.

Toward the end, the mom and Mason are talking as he is about to go away to college.

Mom: [Mason is leaving for college] This is the worst day of my life.

Mason: What are you talking about?

Mom: [Starts crying] I knew this day was coming. I just... I didn't know you were going to be so ******* happy to be leaving.

Mason: I mean it's not that I'm that happy... what do you expect?

Mom: You know what I'm realising? My life is just going to go. Like that. This series of milestones. Getting married. Having kids. Getting divorced. The time that we thought you were dyslexic. When I taught you how to ride a bike. Getting divorced... again. Getting my masters degree. Finally getting the job I wanted. Sending Samantha off to college. Sending you off to college. You know what's next? Huh? It's my ******* funeral! Just go, and leave my picture!

Mason: Aren't you jumping ahead by, like, 40 years or something?

Mom: I just thought there would be more.

I guess that last sentence didn't mean as much to me four years ago as it does today.

Watching Swift and Shift Couriers

Funny as * how it's the whole same cast as Housos but in slightly different if not exactly the same roles in a different setting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is the end of a great movie called Shot Caller so I'll post it after this one. It will ruin a great movie for those that haven't seen it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back