Movie and TV Show scenes you like

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
No matter how many times I watch the carnival scene from 1990 comedy Problem Child, I never fail to laugh:

CLOWN (Leans out of booth holding balloon animal as the Bow Tie Serial Killer passes by with Junior): Look, a giraffe!

BOW TIE SERIAL KILLER: Look, a fist! (Punches clown in face, clown falls to ground)

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
No matter how many times I watch the carnival scene from 1990 comedy Problem Child, I never fail to laugh:

CLOWN (Leans out of booth holding balloon animal as the Bow Tie Serial Killer passes by with Junior): Look, a giraffe!

BOW TIE SERIAL KILLER: Look, a fist! (Punches clown in face, clown falls to ground)
I dont think I ever realised that was Kramer!

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
Two scenes involving Rottweiler dogs I enjoyed:

FERRRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF - Determined to prove that Ferris Bueller is playing truant from school rather than being genuinely sick, Principal Rooney visits the Bueller house during the day and tries to gain access to the house. He finds a large dog flap and without thinking that one this is an illegal act, and two that the dog flap is large for a reason, the bumbling Principal goes into the kitchen through the dog flap - only to be confronted by the family's pet Rottweiler, which chases and attacks him.

WHITE CHICKS - To impress a pretty girl, Kevin (played by Shawn Wayans) impersonates a famous retired footballer and takes her back to the footballer's house. What he doesn't know is that the football player has a pet Rottweiler, and his bumbling attempts to convince the angry dog that he isn't a burglar and the girl that he is the dog's owner both go very badly to put it mildly.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

This shits comical.

Love Brad Pitt. Never heard him talk in real life until his preview on his upcoming movie. I love his '' movie '' voice like I do Tom Hardy's '' American '' accent.

Sounds so normal.

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
To be honest I thought I posted this already but I hadn't.

Within the context of the show this scene got me right in the feels big time.
A case where the music possibly made the scene so bloody great.

From Mr Robot.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

love when he says to hemsworth earlier on in a different scene '' you talk bullshit with assholes. me, I go home, I go to sleep, I win ''

something along those lines.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
wtf^^^

different version. I like the one with the

'' the cotta greens. All the hog moles. I wanna eat some of the chicken. I like Pig feet ''

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
I love the scene in the Fat Pizza movie from 2002 where a furious Russian family crime boss (played by Costas Killias) declares that when he gets his hands on Sleek he is going to kill him, then resuscitate him, then kill him again.

I read a News article this morning about the legendary French actress Catherine Deneuve was rushed to Hospital after having a mild stroke. The Doctors believe she will recover fully which is great news. But when thinking about all the Deneuve films that I have enjoyed over the past 30+ years one film stands out more than all others, Belle De Jour. And one scene always comes to mind, and that is the scene with an Asian Client and his mystery box.

The scene itself isn't all that remarkable, it's quiet with minimal dialogue, but what elevates it is the mystery, you don't know what's in the box you only hear a buzzing sound, and the looks on the faces of the prostitutes. The look of disgust and horror on the face of the first prostitute, and the look of satisfaction on the face of Deneuve after the Client has left. It is Director Luis Bunuel at his obscure best and Deneuve looks glorious not only in the scene, but in the entire film.

Belle De Jour is one of my all-time favourite films, and is full of many surreal moments, it's well worth a viewing if you haven't seen it before, but it isn't an action film, it is slow, at times confusing and dark, but always eye opening, even 50+ years after it's initial release in 1967.

Back