Movie and TV Show scenes you like

Remove this Banner Ad

Once Upon a Time in the West is one of the greatest films ever. With the greatest reveal ever. The only time Henry Fonda played a baddie, and what a baddie he was! That scene when he and his henchmen walk out of the brush after massacring the family is awesome. He always maintained that Leone hired him for that scene alone; that the audience would look on incredulously and say to itself "Holy effing Christ. That's Henry Fonda!"

He also talked about being unsure about taking the part so he called his old friend Eli Wallach who had played Tuco in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Wallach told him: "You have to do it. You'll fall in love with the guy and have the time of your life." So he did. And he did.

Last edited:

garbage aside from the 1st minute or two

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sitcom 'Mother and Son' was a classic Australian comedy series from the 1980s, and so well written and well acted by the late Ruth Cracknell, Gary McDonald, Henri Szeps and Judi Morris. One could not help but feel sorry for Arthur (McDonald), the responsible son who cares for his forgetful and manipulative mother Maggie (Cracknell) and often comes off looking bad while the older brother Robert (Szeps) comes off looking good despite shirking responsibility for looking after their mother half out of selfishness and half out of fear of his domineering wife Liz (Morris) who cannot stand her mother-in-law.

One scene I always remember sums up the long-suffering Arthur's life perfectly, when Maggie decides Arthur needs a girlfriend and suggests a woman whose name Arthur is unfamiliar with. Finally Arthur discovers the woman she is referring to is the girl who lived next door many years ago, she and Arthur playing together and walking to school together. Arthur explains to his mother that the girl no longer lives next door, Maggie asks are you sure and Arthur says yes, that nobody lives in the same house they did when they went to primary school more than 30 years ago. Maggie says 'Oh' and seems to accept this, but then says excitedly, "I say Arthur, you do!'. The sad and despairing look on Arthur's face says it all.

An interesting fact about the Firebird (the pink car) is that it is really a Holden Kingswood kit car that a guy in NZ used to make.

Once Upon a Time in the West is one of the greatest films ever. With the greatest reveal ever. The only time Henry Fonda played a baddie, and what a baddie he was! That scene when he and his henchmen walk out of the brush after massacring the family is awesome. He always maintained that Leone hired him for that scene alone; that the audience would look on incredulously and say to itself "Holy effing Christ. That's Henry Fonda!"

He also talked about being unsure about taking the part so he called his old friend Eli Wallach who had played Tuco in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Wallach told him: "You have to do it. You'll fall in love with the guy and have the time of your life." So he did. And he did.

Speaking of Tuco, two of my favourite scenes are from The Good, the Bad and The Ugly.
Apologies if these have been included previously, who knows I may have done it.

The Ecstacy Of Gold is one of the most beautiful peices of music ever wriiten for film.

The final duel is just a classic. The music, the tension, the quick burst of violence and then Blondie's classic line to Tuco "You see, in this world there are two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You Dig."

Speaking of Tuco, two of my favourite scenes are from The Good, the Bad and The Ugly.
Apologies if these have been included previously, who knows I may have done it.

The Ecstacy Of Gold is one of the most beautiful peices of music ever wriiten for film.

The final duel is just a classic. The music, the tension, the quick burst of violence and then Blondie's classic line to Tuco "You see, in this world there are two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You Dig."

That scene from The Good, the Bad and The Ugly is cinematography at its very best. Tuco running through the graveyard in sharp focus while the background is rushing past in a blur - brilliant. I loved it when I saw it 40 years ago and I love it now.

The Danish National Symphony Orchestra is one of the better outfits out there. They do themed concerts, and Ennio Morricone was one such theme. Here is their performance of Once Upon a Time in the West.

The 1980 science fiction movie 'Raise the Titanic' is not a good movie, but I kind of liked the scene where the Titanic is raised from the ocean floor and towed into New York 68 years after she set sail for that destination, and the ship passes the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center. If only the Hindenburg was flying past in that shot it would have been perfect.

In the defense of the makers of the film the lost liner had not been sighted for 68 years and would not be found for another 5, so they had no idea of the state of the ship and whether it went down in one piece or the stern broke away at the final plunge was the subject of much conjecture. However, the Titanic looks in remarkably good shape for a ship that had been at the bottom of the North Atlantic for close to 7 decades, her masts and most of her infrastructure still intact and still sporting three of her four funnels. Interesting, the only funnel she was missing was the second one, and this was the only funnel that remained in place as the ship went under, although it had become detached before Robert Ballard's crew found the wreck in 1985. The first, third and fourth funnels all fell as the Titanic sank, the first one killing quite a number of people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back