Entertainment & Music Movie Plot holes etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been watching Season 30 on Disney+. It's pretty hard work. I did find myself asking no one in particular: "Are they even trying to be funny?"
It's not like the jokes were bad. It's that they weren't there at all.
I think I'm up to about ep 17 (I'll resume once the Test is over) and I think I've heard two lines total that I thought were "reasonably funny".

One was "There must be a setting between opulence and decadence" "How about flatulence?". The other I don't remember. Lowbrow for sure, but at least you can see it was supposed to be funny. The rest, eh?

The modern series are ostensibly a different show though. I remember sitting through episodes in the 20's before I abandoned it and feeling like the episodes were a bad spoof / knock off / fanfic. The whole thing just gives off a completely different (and not good) vibe in the modern seasons. So much stuff is unnecessarily (in terms of story arc) mean spirited.

I've been watching Season 30 on Disney+. It's pretty hard work. I did find myself asking no one in particular: "Are they even trying to be funny?"
It's not like the jokes were bad. It's that they weren't there at all.
I think I'm up to about ep 17 (I'll resume once the Test is over) and I think I've heard two lines total that I thought were "reasonably funny".

I was a huge Malcom in the Middle fan- and have always wondered what happened in the last few years of that show and how it ended.

Jfc- nup- i just cant do it. I tried, last time it was on GO- its just terrible.

I was a huge Malcom in the Middle fan- and have always wondered what happened in the last few years of that show and how it ended.

Jfc- nup- i just cant do it. I tried, last time it was on GO- its just terrible.
I think the best season was the last with MITM

I was flicking through on catchup and tried to find some I hadnt seen for some reason I missed all of the last season so watched it and loved it so went back to the second last that was good too

Apparently they're making a series of The Nanny. Maxwell and Fran have divorced and Fran goes back to being the nanny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does it end?? I think i read with Malcom graduating high school- what does he end up doing tho, for the future?

The last scene of the show is Malcolm working as a janitor at Harvard to pay his tuition.

A Walk to Remember, adapted from a Nicholas Sparks' novel, tells the moving and ultimately tragic love story of high school seniors Landon, a troubled young man from a broken home and Jamie, the daughter of the local Minister.

This was never going to have a happy ending from the moment Jamie reveals to Landon that she is sick from leukemia and has stopped responding to cancer treatments, much to Landon's shock and horror. However this story is set in a small North Carolina town where most people know each other, and the high school is a small school. Landon and Jamie previously did not mix in the same circles but knew of each other, and were in the same year group. And it wasn't like one of them had recently moved to the town, it is established that they had both lived there for some years. And Jamie's cancer battle was ongoing, it wasn't a situation where she had passed out in gym class, was taken to the doctor as a precaution expecting a diagnosis of a virus where instead it was discovered that she had a terminal form of cancer that nobody knew about until now.

The plot hole here is, how was Jamie having terminal cancer kept a secret for so long, especially in such a small town? And one assumes that one of Jamie's treatments would have been chemotherapy. True, not all chemo patients lose their hair but the side effects of the treatment are still unpleasant, and Jamie would still have had extended absences from school and been in pretty poor health. The same is true for radiotherapy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back