Movies that become tv series, is it good or bad?

Remove this Banner Ad

Stargate must be due for a new entrant or reboot.

The movies were... then weren't.

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2016/11/the-stargate-reboot-film-has-fallen-apart/

Occasionally it works out. Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Stargate were very popular TV shows, both of which were based on truly horribly awful movies. It's fair to say that both of those series were far better than the original source material.

lolwut?

Stargate an awful movie?

Along with Fargo and Buffy which have been mentioned, Friday night lights completes the trio of great shows from movies. Bates motel is one I've heard good things about but not watched yet.

There's a few decent but nothing special ones like scream and Sarah Conner chronicles and a lot of crap ones. I find the now I liked the movie, the less likely I'll enjoy the tv show. It's why I quit 12 monkeys very early. About a boy was beyond terrible too. Great movie, My vocabulary not strong enough to adequately describe the tv show.

Sarah Connor, there's a forgotten show. Thought it burst out of the blocks with an all killer no filler first season, then expanding a 9 episode season to a 22 episode season killed it nearly as quick with too much filler. It still had excellent highs, mainly the series bookends, but yeah. A shame. I think it looks good now, as an expansion of the Terminator franchise it's a heck of a lot better than the recent movies.

Bates motel has been my favourite one so far. Would be interesting if the warriors TV show comes to fruition and how it would work.

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back