Movies that have aged well

As the title suggests.

Some great movies you rewatch 5-10+ years later and think wtf. Others you rewatch and they still look great today.

Ill start off with Matrix and its sequels.

Rewatching them today the special effects looked first grade and they look like like modern movies not ones that are 15-18 years old.

Action scenes are still fricking amazing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In regards to aging, it doesn't have to be just movies with special effects and action scenes. It could also be something like underlying theme/message or social critique in the story itself.
I feel The Breakfast Club still resonates with kids today when they watch it.

In regards to aging, it doesn't have to be just movies with special effects and action scenes. It could also be something like underlying theme/message or social critique in the story itself.
Good point.

A lot of older films are uncomfortable to watch now, with blatant misogyny and racism which was apparently acceptable earlier on.

Batman Begins.

That movie actually has incredible detail that really only became more apparent after the last of the trilogy was released and had many throwback to things I barely noticed. When you can watch a movie many times and pick up new things you know its well made.

Great acting, dialogue and characterisations.

Aliens
A few greats already mentioned (T2, Jurassic Park)

Spaceballs
Revenge of the Nerds
Karate Kid
Encino Man
Terminator
Rocky
Blood Sport
Platoon
Goldeneye
My Cousin Vinny

Goldeneye is a funny one. Visually it has aged quite badly in my opinion.

Writing/story/theme-wise I love it; it has blurry lines of good and bad, perceived betrayal, an almost genuine love for the bond-girl (and no death of her) and an unstitching of Bond's personal motivations. By Bond standards, it was 10+ years ahead of its time.

Back