Movies you don't like but everyone else loves...

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldeneye
Both Dalton movies
Gold finger
You only live twice
Her majesties secret service
Spy who loved me
Sky fall

My favourites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard nothing but good things about the recently released 'Knives Out' but I went to see it and found it one of the most boring movies I have seen. Not as boring as the Australian film 'We of the Never-Never' but still very boring.

Pretty much all movies. Movies are a sh** form of entertainment. The long format is a much better platform to tell a story.

It’s easier to tell a compelling story with twenty hours of content but the best three hours of consecutive television will never stand up to the highest standard films of the same run time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s easier to tell a compelling story with twenty hours of content but the best three hours of consecutive television will never stand up to the highest standard films of the same run time.
Ofcourse it wont produce a 3 hour story as high as quality as a less then 3 hour story on tv is just a movie with a low budget. But why does it have to? No movie can tell a great story from a novel properly because its constrained by time. They all fail. But tv can tell truly great stories and create deep complex characters within those stories at the same time because its not constrained by time. Movies are only capable of telling short stories well.

Any super hero stuff, hate it.

Agree, it's simply children's entertainment for grown ups, but according to box office we must be in the minority, sad really.
And when the last time anyone saw a good comedy flick? 'Office Christmas Party' was probably the last time I laughed for most of the movie and that just highlight's was is simply no longer being made..

Ofcourse it wont produce a 3 hour story as high as quality as a less then 3 hour story on tv is just a movie with a low budget. But why does it have to? No movie can tell a great story from a novel properly because its constrained by time. They all fail. But tv can tell truly great stories and create deep complex characters within those stories at the same time because its not constrained by time. Movies are only capable of telling short stories well.

It seems like a strange complaint to me; there are heaps of great novel films, Fight Club, Shining, High Fidelity, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, The Green Mile, No Country for Old Men etc...

All those films and more have deep complex characters. Being constrained by time merely requires a more masterful and concise vision from the director.

For all the talk about the golden age of television, there have been 11 shows I'd consider as the same quality of great films, (The West Wing, Deadwood, Game of Thrones, The Wire, Breaking Bad, The Shield, The Sopranos, Seinfeld, Southpark, The Simpsons, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) and even some of them are flawed in parts. The Wire being the only perfect show IMO.

It seems like a strange complaint to me; there are heaps of great novel films, Fight Club, Shining, High Fidelity, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, The Green Mile, No Country for Old Men etc...

All those films and more have deep complex characters. Being constrained by time merely requires a more masterful and concise vision from the director.

For all the talk about the golden age of television, there have been 11 shows I'd consider as the same quality of great films, (The West Wing, Deadwood, Game of Thrones, The Wire, Breaking Bad, The Shield, The Sopranos, Seinfeld, Southpark, The Simpsons, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) and even some of them are flawed in parts. The Wire being the only perfect show IMO.
Agreed. On the whole, TV shows are pretty shite these days

I think there's generally a handful of great movies released each year. Can't think of the last great TV show I saw.

Agreed. On the whole, TV shows are pretty shite these days

I think there's generally a handful of great movies released each year. Can't think of the last great TV show I saw.

Seasons 1-5 of Game of Thrones is probably my favourite ever piece of entertainment. Such a shame it went the way it did.

There are a lot of shows that start really strongly but either don't plan ahead or stretch things out beyond the natural duration of the story because the studios want more content. 5-7 seasons with one arc is perfect but it so rarely gets there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back