Movie Movies you hate but most people seem to like.

Remove this Banner Ad

totally agree. HP movies are tripe.

Every single James Bond film.

Danny Darko or whatever it is called.
Yes... Donnie Darko is boring as hell...

The Departed
The Bourne series
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Mystic River
Fargo
LOTR

Napoleon Dynamite is the the second worst movie I have seen that people love... Especially those bloody Pedro shirts...

Of course, the absolute worst one would have to be...
V For Vendetta

Great thread, this... it's so emperor's new clothes. :thumbsu:

Casablanca (overrated to the max)
The Departed (Marty's worst film, totally undeserving of Oscars)
Donnie Brasco

No love for Donnie Darko? Perhaps if you see it as a concept movie, it may change your mind.

The Departed
The Bourne series
Mystic River
Fargo
LOTR

Napoleon Dynamite is the the second worst movie I have seen that people love... Especially those bloody Pedro shirts...

V For Vendetta

Just out of interest, why do you hate it?, although I definitely agree with Napoleon Dynamite

I absolutely despise the 40 Year Old Virgin. It was just one crude sexual joke piled up on top of another, which were neither witty nor funny. It had an unconvincing lead character, who was too normal to be a weird character and too weird to be a normal character. The female love interest was unrealistic and you didn't care about whether she and the lead character got together.

Yer never found napoleon funny. Can't believe people don't like LOTR or The Matrix.

Just out of interest, why do you hate it?, although I definitely agree with Napoleon Dynamite
Boring, dislikable characters, don't really like the development, and most importantly, there are books upon books that are like it yet a fair few of my friends who watched it said how different it is to everything else.

I'll just read 1984 with the much better ending again...

And the ending sucked, forgot about that (And before ya harp on, yes I know it was a graphic novel first, and yes I read it... But heck, A Clockwork Orange was a great book and only just an okay movie for yours truly...)

Yer never found napoleon funny. Can't believe people don't like LOTR or The Matrix.
Probably because I read LOTR first (Didn't really like it anyway :p) and it just harps on and on and on and on and on and on...

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
(what an absolute joke it won the Academy Award for Best Motion Picture)
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions

I didn't list The Matrix (the first one) as on it's own I think it's an enjoyable movie but the sequels were just a wank that didn't add anything (probably because Larry and Andy Wachowski had far more control over the two sequels).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pulp Fiction

I have no idea why everybody claims that this is a great movie. It was one of the most boring films I have seen.

Some people have listed Fight Club. I was thinking the same thing while watching the movie but the twist in the end made the movie redeem itself a bit.

How the hell is Pulp Fiction boring!?!? Great movie, and so is Fight Club, it would seem by the majority of posts here that you all have impossibly short attention spans :eek:

The Departed
The Bourne series

Mystic River
Fargo
LOTR

V For Vendetta

I absolutely agree with Donnie Darko. Overhyped, overrated and totally undeserving of any accolades or praise in general. Hate it with a passion. 'Look at me, I'm really into movies that make no sense because most normal people don't like it and I'm different and unique with refined artistic tastes'

Zarko, movies in bold are awesome. How could anyone hate Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels? Funny and great story. And what an ending!

I absolutely agree with Donnie Darko. Overhyped, overrated and totally undeserving of any accolades or praise in general. Hate it with a passion. 'Look at me, I'm really into movies that make no sense because most normal people don't like it and I'm different and unique with refined artistic tastes'

Zarko, movies in bold are awesome. How could anyone hate Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels? Funny and great story. And what an ending!
Just me...

The Bourne series especially...

Great thread, this... it's so emperor's new clothes. :thumbsu:

Casablanca (overrated to the max)
The Departed (Marty's worst film, totally undeserving of Oscars)
Donnie Brasco

No love for Donnie Darko? Perhaps if you see it as a concept movie, it may change your mind.

how come you don't like donnie brasco? great movie

You know you get kicked off the giants team if you hate Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Your just a weirdo. I'll keep my eye on you from now on.:p
Naw just found it not so funny (In a thick British accent :p)

Not my sorta comedy I guess... Now off to watch Everybody Loves Raymond :p :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back