Movie Movies You Remembered Wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Magic...? Mirror on the wall 😱
This thread has really failed the OP, who is talking about films you saw a long time ago and in the intervening years misremembered significant things about. raskolnikov is the only one who has really acknowledged this in any way.

A semi-example I'd use is Watership Down. I'd never seen it, but I'd erroneously accrued the impression through pop culture and reviews that they all drown at the end crossing a river, a sort of tragic weepie conclusion. So when I actually saw the film I was surprised to find that this wasn't the case. I considered whether I might have confused it with that perilous rabbits river crossing sequence in Animals of Farthing Wood (a cartoon setpiece which I obsessed over as a kid), but I'm fairly certain I actually read this somewhere in the 2000s on a forum or in a magazine or maybe heard from a television panel show, and that I'd received a second hand mistake.
Cough cough lol

Maureen McGovern sang the two main songs in the classic 1970s disaster movies 'The Poseidon Adventure' in 1972 and 'The Towering Inferno' in 1974, but I got them the wrong way around. I thought for years 'Morning After' came from Towering Inferno and 'We May Never Love Like This Again' was from the Poseidon Adventure, but in fact it was the other way around.

Frankly my dear I dont give a damn.

Thats another incorrect quote? Lots of misremembered quotes out there.

Crocodile Dundee and the knife.

There's another example in the popular 1970s British sitcom 'Some Mother's Do Ave Em', where Frank Spencer's catch phrase is quoted as 'Ooh Betty,' and people impersonating Frank Spencer will frequently say this.

But while Frank frequently said 'Betty' given she was his wife, and 'Ooh' when he was assessing the aftermath of the latest disaster he caused or sometimes in indignation, Frank Spencer apparently never said 'Ooh Betty' once in the show.

There's another example in the popular 1970s British sitcom 'Some Mother's Do Ave Em', where Frank Spencer's catch phrase is quoted as 'Ooh Betty,' and people impersonating Frank Spencer will frequently say this.

But while Frank frequently said 'Betty' given she was his wife, and 'Ooh' when he was assessing the aftermath of the latest disaster he caused or sometimes in indignation, Frank Spencer apparently never said 'Ooh Betty' once in the show.

Well there you go. I'd have assumed the wrong way for sure.

The most important thing is tho... did the cat really do a whoopsie in his beret? :think:

7. Casablanca

Misquote:
"Play it again, Sam"
Actual quote: "Play it, Sam. Play ‘As Time Goes By"
Revelant TV Tropes page:

Dive down the rabbit hole with me.

I also think Jerry Seinfeld never once said "Whats the deal with..." although cant confirm that one.
I was pretty sure I have heard him use those words.

“What’s the deal with lampshades? I mean if it’s a lamp, why do you want shade?” – Jerry

Here-youre-just-another-apple-but-in-Japan-youre-an-exotic-fruit.-Like-an-orange.-Which-is-rare-there.ading_-2.jpg

I was pretty sure I have heard him use those words.

“What’s the deal with lampshades? I mean if it’s a lamp, why do you want shade?” – Jerry

Here-youre-just-another-apple-but-in-Japan-youre-an-exotic-fruit.-Like-an-orange.-Which-is-rare-there.ading_-2.jpg
I remembered reading it somewhere once that we all remember it from the Simpsons ripping him off, it seems i was off the mark.

I think the Robot in Lost In Space only said Danger Will Robinson like one or two times but i can only remember that and Doctor Smiths panto "oh the pain" schtick from that show.

I was thinking about this today for some reason and this one sprung to mind "Lucy, you've got some 'splaining to do!" never once said on I love Lucy.

I also think Jerry Seinfeld never once said "Whats the deal with..." although cant confirm that one.

He said "Whats the deal with Ovaltine.." when he was trying to help Banya with his act.*

Also may have said "Whats the deal with homework" at his school assembly presentation

*or wrote it for him and he said it. "Whats the deal with Ovaltine. The tins round, the mugs round, they should call it Roundtine"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back