Prediction Moving Forward - What happens now

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we have the balls for something like this, if we're going down the "organic" route , we can't bring back Thommo , Dmac or Dougy at the first sign of the young guys having a bad one. Hopefully , the coaches are on board and not worried about their positions

Good post, but this sh*t below is what worries me:

we can't bring back Thommo , Dmac or Dougy at the first sign of the young guys having a bad one.

Wiggs 1 year deal was at his own request. I suspect we were lucky to keep him and he's giving the club one last chance to show "organic growth" actually means something

At his own request? Any link to support that?

Considering no one even knows the salary cap going forward, signing for longing would be extraordinarily stupid.

I imagine it's more that than a mid list teenage kid "giving the club one last chance".

Just info that came my way.

Close to not being with us next year.

Feel free to insert an "eye roll" gif for me here.

Good to see a 19 year old kid who didn't show anything to half way through this year is giving a club one last chance.

Well I think if you consider that there were ??? On our midfield all year, and you're putting in solid performances as he was, you would end up pretty disillusioned.

I suspect the organic growth spin is partially a message to next gen that they will be given opportunity.

Oh please. He had done f*** all until round 8 or so. He was good and could have debuted but wasn't smashing the door down.

Considering how hard we had to work to actually get Lyons to leave and that CEY didn't want to - I think you might find our players actually like the club and are a close group.

Realistically i can only think of Port being in Wiggs ear?

So they're in Wigg's ear, but not CEY or Lyons or Dear?

Port don't want the public look of taking a player that is outside our best 22 and slotting straight into theirs.

:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: At the very least.

This would have to be one of the most monumentous f*ck ups, in terms of attempted Trades. Perhaps second only to the departure of Khunston.
Can someone please tell me why on God's green Earth did we not pursue some other established, elite Mids?
We put all our eggs in one basket, pursuing a player that wasn't right for us anyway....ended up Trading out a first 22 player for picks so low, it's doubtful they'll even be used....and didn't secure any players in the Trade period - not one. Our List Management Department must be the laughing stock of the AFL.

For f*ck sake, this incompetence beggars belief.

Yeah, I'll stick up for the club most times - but it's stunning how little we got out of trade week. A club that REALLY needed to, and we were one of the worst performed.

Wiggs 1 year deal was at his own request. I suspect we were lucky to keep him and he's giving the club one last chance to show "organic growth" actually means something
Really, where did you hear that?

Wigg has done his apprenticeship, so needs to get afl games in 2017, so both parties should know by the end of the season whether he fits into our side.

Going to be some exciting competition for spots between the likes of wigg, cey, milera, knight, atkins, menzel, etc including any mids drafted.

Yeah, I'll stick up for the club most times - but it's stunning how little we got out of trade week. A club that REALLY needed to, and we were one of the worst performed.

Yeah, I'll stick up for the club most times - but it's stunning how little we got out of trade week. A club that REALLY needed to, and we were the worst performed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I think if you consider that there were ??? On our midfield all year, and you're putting in solid performances as he was, you would end up pretty disillusioned.

I suspect the organic growth spin is partially a message to next gen that they will be given opportunity.

If true, can't say I blame him for being disillusioned.

There is simply no excuse for why Wigg didn't play at least 3-4 games this year but we decided to give a cooked VB a spot vs. Gold Coast/GWS where he was completely ineffective and play DMac after getting he got dropped vs. Essendon/Brisbane without playing a game:rolleyes:.

If we do that, he probably feels more confident in signing on and the club and Wigg would both know where he is at playing at the highest level and therefore knows where he needs to get to for 2017... but no, we don't have an answer to that question and we go into 2017 still wondering...

If true, can't say I blame him for being disillusioned.

There is simply no excuse for why Wigg didn't play at least 3-4 games this year but we decided to give a cooked VB a spot vs. Gold Coast/GWS where he was completely ineffective and play DMac after getting he got dropped vs. Essendon/Brisbane without playing a game:rolleyes:.

If we do that, he probably feels more confident in signing on and the club and Wigg would both know where he is at playing at the highest level and therefore knows where he needs to get to for 2017... but no, we don't have an answer to that question and we go into 2017 still wondering...

Sigh.

Wigg has done two thirds of f*** all at that stage. He didn't deserve a game against GCS - unless we wanted to gift him one against a lowly side to give him confidence. Which would have been fine but hardly something his performance demanded.

Later in the year - he started to show more.

We should remember that OUR version of how we imagine the players would feel - all pissed off that they're not getting chances and ready to leave - is obviously NOT how they actually feel. We've just seen that this off season. They obviously would prefer to be here.

I said that at the time; almost certain it's the case.

I guess being told at his mid season review that they were very happy with him, but, no matter how well he played, he was almost certainly NOT going to debut this year, pissed him off.

Fair enough, too.

Sigh.

Wigg has done two thirds of f*** all at that stage. He didn't deserve a game against GCS - unless we wanted to gift him one against a lowly side to give him confidence. Which would have been fine but hardly something his performance demanded.

Later in the year - he started to show more.

He was BOG the week before the GCS game. But that's what we should have done: blood a youngster against a poor side. I'd much rather give a young kid a chance anyway compared to a cooked VB where we gain nothing. It's important to think strategically in your selection policy when you're having a dream run with injury and using the chance of playing against a NEAFL side to blood a youngster after performing in the SANFL to get a feel for where they are at.

At his own request? Any link to support that?

Considering no one even knows the salary cap going forward, signing for longing would be extraordinarily stupid.

I imagine it's more that than a mid list teenage kid "giving the club one last chance".

A highly rated local youngster that was one of our best performed SANFL players... why would we be giving him his last chance?

Rumour is Franklin is on about 15 strikes by now.

I hate these strike rumours as no one has any idea at the end of the day.
There must be a good reason why there was no interest in Rocky, when the lions were trying to give him away for a 2nd rounder & paying a chunk of his salary.

May not be the strikes rumour, but there must be something.

I have to say I am probably the least excited for an upcoming season as I have ever been. The draft doesn't really hold my interest, especially this year with one pick inside the top 30. Our midfield is lacklustre and we did nothing to address that, how am I to have faith that the people running the club are going to bring success in 2017 when they don't do what it takes to make it a possibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back