Moving Seats

I was in 517 behind you - but row 16. Now I have moved to 519 - row 4 so before you go up the stairs - pretty ripping view!

Will have to catch up at half time sometime.

For sure :) 117 Row 8 now, coming from 121 row 35 or whatever the final row was before the bar :p

We're block 123, row 15 and the rain is barely a problem.

It actually looks pretty cool, I remember last years game against the Bulldogs when the rain was visibly falling like a wall a few rows in front of us but we were totally dry

My old seats at Subi were centre wing, 5 rows in. Within spitting distance of the opposition interchange. I invested in some decent waterproof gear and so the rain doesnt bother me :p I'd rather be up front and centre for this season than safe and dry haha

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Does anyone know what the membership numbers are looking like compared to last season? We're coming off some pretty lean years but after the trade and draft period, there seems to be a lot of optimism and the prospect of some fast improvement. I can't remember the last time I've been so excited for a new season to start and with a few Saturday night home games, I'm expecting an increase in attendances and memberships.

Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Arsenal, Vikings.
Does anyone know what the membership numbers are looking like compared to last season? We're coming off some pretty lean years but after the trade and draft period, there seems to be a lot of optimism and the prospect of some fast improvement. I can't remember the last time I've been so excited for a new season to start and with a few Saturday night home games, I'm expecting an increase in attendances and memberships.
It was mentioned at the members meeting a few weeks ago that we are on track to equal or improve on our numbers of last year Wal. Sorry I can’t remember exactly what was said but it was along those positive lines.

mr robot

Debutant
Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle

From Afl.com article

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-26/on-the-campaign-trail-your-clubs-membership-drive

2018 TALLY: 55,639

CURRENT TALLY: 46,410

purplerunsdeep

Club Legend
Dec 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Chatting to a rep from the club when I called to discuss my membership just before Xmas... apparently ahead of where we were this time last season

The strong trade and draft was the selling point, with the stadium also making the re-sign’s easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geoff

Premium Platinum
May 13, 2004
W.A.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Trying to deal with the membership department is not a joyous experience. A bit of humility would be a startling point. They wouldn’t last two minutes in a real customer services environment.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Trying to deal with the membership department is not a joyous experience. A bit of humility would be a startling point. They wouldn’t last two minutes in a real customer services environment.

Sorry to hear that, I've found them pretty good. There is a kid called Jordan who is particularly helpful imo

GoFreo4eva

Freo Tragic Since the Beginning
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle

Wow that is very different to my experiences with the people in Membership Dept. They have been nothing but helpful to me when I have called. Hope you got things sorted anyway.

oldgoat

All Australian
May 22, 2017
fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wow that is very different to my experiences with the people in Membership Dept. They have been nothing but helpful to me when I have called. Hope you got things sorted anyway.
Every time has been satisfactory for me and the last time they were excellent in sorting my Grandfinal upgrades cockup which was partly my fault. 10 out of ten!
oldgoat

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon

I wonder how much it will hurt membership numbers next year with people knowing that apart from the derby there is every chance that you can get tickets to any other game week by week? Especially if you're not actually saving anything by paying up front.

I think the flexi memberships are a really smart move and I asume they'll count as normal torwards members numbers, do non-seating members?

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wonder how much it will hurt membership numbers next year with people knowing that apart from the derby there is every chance that you can get tickets to any other game week by week? Especially if you're not actually saving anything by paying up front.

I think the flexi memberships are a really smart move and I asume they'll count as normal torwards members numbers, do non-seating members?

Its actually not that cheap to go and buy on the day, and its hard to get seats together. I'm on that monthly payment thing, Advantage.
Its pretty reasonable. i thought about cancelling and just rolling up, but i'm not sure that will be much cheaper??

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
Especially if you're not actually saving anything by paying up front.
Buying a membership is a lot cheaper than buying 11 tickets in the day.

Although you may be talking about the pay by the month option, which still locks you into a membership.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Buying a membership is a lot cheaper than buying 11 tickets in the day.

Although you may be talking about the pay by the month option, which still locks you into a membership.

Really? We were in 140 ($800 each) last year so that's roughly $73 a game, tbh I haven't bought a single game ticket for years as we were members but how much are they at the new stadium.

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
Really? We were in 140 ($800 each) last year so that's roughly $73 a game, tbh I haven't bought a single game ticket for years as we were members but how much are they at the new stadium.
Yep Category 2 tickets (block 140) are $90 ish if bought on the day (I seem to recall. 2019 prices aren't available)

UYD 4 Life

All Australian
Nov 27, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
How many together ?

6 of us- it was a saturday night game vs st kilda. Bottom tier, undercover, in the pocket near where the 50 meets the boundary. It was for a lads weekend so wanted to get amongst it but there were heaps of tickets available mid wing, bottom of the 3rd tier as well. I checked out those seats at half time and they offered a better view for anyone who would prefer to actually watch the game rather than talk smack and increase there plastic cup collection

DeanS

Club Legend
May 16, 2007
Tuart Hill
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
Sorry to hear that, I've found them pretty good. There is a kid called Jordan who is particularly helpful imo
A second vote for Jordan as Employee of the Year. Had a phone interaction with him last year and he was excellent. If anyone has to ring the club about tickets/seating etc maybe ask for him.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
6 of us- it was a saturday night game vs st kilda. Bottom tier, undercover, in the pocket near where the 50 meets the boundary. It was for a lads weekend so wanted to get amongst it but there were heaps of tickets available mid wing, bottom of the 3rd tier as well. I checked out those seats at half time and they offered a better view for anyone who would prefer to actually watch the game rather than talk smack and increase there plastic cup collection

Interesting. I've gone an bought a single ticket, and it was around $40 with a booking fee.
Maybe there was a deal on that game??

Back