• Already a member but not rejoining

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Hoping to join

Votes: 36 20.8%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 65 37.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoke to some people heavily involved at Collingwood when they were in town for our game. They’d trained at Optus the night before, and had played the Dogs a few weeks prior to coming here. Collingwood’s thoughts are that Marvel was much, much worse than Optus from a hard surface perspective.

Found that surprising, given all the backlash against our surface, but interested to see if they’re both told to sort it out before next year. Could do without all the stress fractures.

Spoke to some people heavily involved at Collingwood when they were in town for our game. They’d played the Dogs the week before coming here, and they said Marvel was much, much worse than Optus from a hard surface perspective.

Found that surprising, given all the backlash against our surface, but interested to see if they’re both told to sort it out before next year. Could do without all the stress fractures.
It's probably compounded by both WA clubs having brand new training facilities with new surfaces. I had a walk on Lathlain 1 the other day and it was one of the harder grass surfaces I've encountered (mind you I've played country footy on surfaces that were more gravel and rocks than grass).

Spoke to some people heavily involved at Collingwood when they were in town for our game. They’d trained at Optus the night before, and had played the Dogs a few weeks prior to coming here. Collingwood’s thoughts are that Marvel was much, much worse than Optus from a hard surface perspective.

Softened up by now. Start of the season it’s hard and flat. By seasons end it’s softened up.

Rinse and repeat in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah not me, even though it was way more convenient to get to.

Optus is the best stadium in footy, can’t be beaten. I was at the G when we lifted the cup last year, literally the most favourable situation to create a great opinion of a venue, and even still that ground can * off compared to Optus.

Back