• Already a member but not rejoining

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Hoping to join

Votes: 36 20.8%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 65 37.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately this was always going to happen as soon as Adelaide and Perth brought their grounds up to scratch.

Deal was done last year before Optus was even finished - that tells you all you need to know about the priorities of those running this competition.

Never has it ever been about being a national competition to Victoria - it's just make as much money as you can whilst retaining the status quo [i.e. a glorified VFL].

Wouldn't be opposed to us buying the rights to one of the prelim finals at our shiny new stadium each year.

That will never happen - Geelong can't even get finals at Kardinia Park.

No way would the AFL give rights away for a match that would otherwise host 100,000 to a venue with essentially half the capacity - that would be losing revenue.

That will never happen - Geelong can't even get finals at Kardinia Park.

No way would the AFL give rights away for a match that would otherwise host 100,000 to a venue with essentially half the capacity - that would be losing revenue.
Didnt Gws host the bulldogs with only 20000 or so in 2016

Didnt Gws host the bulldogs with only 20000 or so in 2016

GWS earned the right to host. If I recall Homebush was unavailable due to NRL grand final scheduling, and there was no way GWS were going to play at the SCG, so the AFL had little option.

I'm sure they [the AFL] would've moved it to the MCG if they could.

It sucks, I wish the national comp was built from the ground up and not an expansion of the VFL, to avoid these issues.
that's why SA held out so long. SA and WA should've worked together better in the early and mid 80's to hold the VFL to account. Would've created a true national competition, not the expanded VFL we have now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's why SA held out so long. SA and WA should've worked together better in the early and mid 80's to hold the VFL to account. Would've created a true national competition, not the expanded VFL we have now.

So much this.

The SANFL knew the VFL.

The WAFL just wanted to beat the VFL.

That's how the chance for a truly national league was lost.

They always send the fully reserved emails on thursdays no matter how fast theyre selling. Good to see you got your tickets sorted though.

Which means that 3-5 game members will always have to pay an extra $5.75 a game to Ticketmaster on top of their membership fees :thumbsdown:

I'd say they are definitely testing out the price sensitivity of the ticketing. They won't be rushing to drop their pants anytime soon unfortunately.

$65 for just a ticket is too steep for my budget but If I could get in, have a beer and a bag of chips for around $50 I would be keen as. As it stands I would rather go play a half decent golf track for the kind of coin a day at the footy is likely to end up totalling.
This for me too. I'm not so skint that I couldn't pay $100 for a decent seat on the wing but that's really taking the piss. Maybe on a decent game like last week but against GC? No thanks.

I'd say they are definitely testing out the price sensitivity of the ticketing. They won't be rushing to drop their pants anytime soon unfortunately.

$65 for just a ticket is too steep for my budget but If I could get in, have a beer and a bag of chips for around $50 I would be keen as. As it stands I would rather go play a half decent golf track for the kind of coin a day at the footy is likely to end up totalling.
That’s depressing. Love paying $25 to get GA tickets at the G or Etihad

That’s depressing. Love paying $25 to get GA tickets at the G or Etihad

Supply and demand at work in Melbs for sure. Walking up to 99% of games, on a whim, and knowing you will get a reasonable priced ticket would be great.

Went to Pies v Cats at the G in 2016. 60k crowd and could have played kick to kick in the stands.

Back