Votes: 36 20.8%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 65 37.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Whats the go with the ITW members, where is that up to?

We've been told Feb.

Have spoken to a few friends who were so unhappy with their seats and unable to move to 'better' seats that they've given up memberships or significantly reduced their seating allocations. All 25+ year members appalled with the way the club handled the auto allocation and the effort and energy required to find better seats. Maybe they'll regret it... but it's how they felt

Obviously judging by what people are saying on here with the lack of seats available they would be in the minority but it will be interesting to see if they've held back a few more seats from each category for ITW or other packages

eagleroo

Debutant
Sep 29, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
While the topic might be running out of steam here on Big Footy it is still bubbling away in letters to the editor in The West Australian. Almost daily for the last week there has been a letter from an Eagles member, including two more today, bemoaning their initial seat allocation at Optus Stadium. The issue is always the same; seats at Domain were ground level but got allocated top tier at the new stadium.

Are there really that many less ground level seats at the new stadium or has allowing new groups to be formed fundamentally changed the seating plan from Domain to Optus?

While the topic might be running out of steam here on Big Footy it is still bubbling away in letters to the editor in The West Australian. Almost daily for the last week there has been a letter from an Eagles member, including two more today, bemoaning their initial seat allocation at Optus Stadium. The issue is always the same; seats at Domain were ground level but got allocated top tier at the new stadium.

Are there really that many less ground level seats at the new stadium or has allowing new groups to be formed fundamentally changed the seating plan from Domain to Optus?
There re waaaay less ground level seats at the new stadium. The whole second tier is pretty much corporate or premium, so a lot of long term members who were previous level 2 at Domain got moved to ground level, meaning top tier is where most of us ended up. We won't know how good (or bad) that is until we get there....

Aug 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, East Perth
I have a feeling if the eagles go through a full rebuild and have a couple years of bottom 4 members will drop off. Why would you stay now after they have shafted loyal members

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Top tier will be pretty good still. Great for folks who like to game analysis , running patterns etc.
The frustrating part is seeing a bloke on the open only to have hims ignored. The players just do see them through all the traffic.

I'm sitting a few rows back from the front of the top tier for the next test. Top tier is awesome for cricket as you never lose track of the ball mid drink.

sounda

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I have a feeling if the eagles go through a full rebuild and have a couple years of bottom 4 members will drop off. Why would you stay now after they have shafted loyal members

Maybe ... Matt ... maybe.

However, WCE have the lowest membership ‘churn’ rate in the AFL. Around 3% of membership are not renewed each year.

The old guys will whinge and complain - they always have. I was fortunate enough to be in the Captains Club for 2 years and I always appreciated my seats and the view. Lots of old guys around me would whinge and complain and I used to think ‘you guys don’t know how good you have got it’. Unsurprisingly many had been there for 20 years and probably complaining for much of that time. Thing is - they always coughed up the dollars and turned up.

And they will again in 2018 - I suspect!

Seriously - if they turned their memberships in what would they have to complain about? They can write as many letters as they want to whoever will listen but they will be there for the first game - no doubt!

Just my thoughts

Aug 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, East Perth
Maybe ... Matt ... maybe.

However, WCE have the lowest membership ‘churn’ rate in the AFL. Around 3% of membership are not renewed each year.

The old guys will whinge and complain - they always have. I was fortunate enough to be in the Captains Club for 2 years and I always appreciated my seats and the view. Lots of old guys around me would whinge and complain and I used to think ‘you guys don’t know how good you have got it’. Unsurprisingly many had been there for 20 years and probably complaining for much of that time. Thing is - they always coughed up the dollars and turned up.

And they will again in 2018 - I suspect!

Seriously - if they turned their memberships in what would they have to complain about? They can write as many letters as they want to whoever will listen but they will be there for the first game - no doubt!

Just my thoughts
Too true! What will they complain about

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
There re waaaay less ground level seats at the new stadium. The whole second tier is pretty much corporate or premium, so a lot of long term members who were previous level 2 at Domain got moved to ground level, meaning top tier is where most of us ended up. We won't know how good (or bad) that is until we get there....

Top tier is going to be epic. These people are whining for the sake of it. I would have gobbled some front of top tier seats if I could.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Top tier is going to be epic. These people are whining for the sake of it. I would have gobbled some front of top tier seats if I could.

I am row 3 block 523 and initially was not that happy about the allocation but are now not that fussed about it. Looks ok and I don’t mind being up top. Would of preferred to be more central and I guess I could of been if I wanted to pay a lot more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm top tier block 517 only a few rows back and am really looking forward to the great view it offers.
Yeah I'm 519 which is awesome but further back than I'd like to be (just over half way). If I was in the front of this block I literally couldn't have been happier....

Jeeves

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2008
In enemy territory.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Perth Wildcats
Yeah I'm 519 which is awesome but further back than I'd like to be (just over half way). If I was in the front of this block I literally couldn't have been happier....
I think you'll find that the view from there will still be brilliant. If this stadium is anything like Etihad then you'll feel really close to the action.

I think you'll find that the view from there will still be brilliant. If this stadium is anything like Etihad then you'll feel really close to the action.
Yeah, those upper seats are supposed to be significantly netter than Etihad so I'm hopeful...

Eaglespur

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
You *s better turn out in force, being Melbourne based i wont have the chance to see many home games. Mrs parents live in Burswood so when we visit I'll be there with bells on :)

Eaglespur

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
What and if they lived in Mandurah or Joondalup that'd stop you going to the game?
Ummm no it wouldn't stop me but its pretty basic concept that the closer to the stadium one is the more likely one is to get to a game

Back