Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Hoping to join

Votes: 36 20.8%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 65 37.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And the fast outfield.

Priddis and Mitchell would have looked quick on that deck.
Also the pace and bounce we have to counter in as well. All this talk of Nic Nat finding losing his leap is ludicrous; he's gonna launch off from the middle when he goes for a centre bounce.

Not sure why Voges didn't stick with the normal bowling strategy then bring on Marsh after a wicket or two
He'd bowled really well in the only cricket match ever played at the venue four days previously. With hindsight it looks a horrendous call, but I don't think it was terrible at the time.

Sat 2nd level square of wicket eastern side this time. Ground is really small goal to goal. Like seems SCG small. Probably not that bad but its not much off.

Reading the numbers on length and width difference from Subi doesn't do the same as actually seeing it. Its really different. We better get used to it quick.

Sat 2nd level square of wicket eastern side this time. Ground is really small goal to goal. Like seems SCG small. Probably not that bad but its not much off.

Reading the numbers on length and width difference from Subi doesn't do the same as actually seeing it. Its really different. We better get used to it quick.

Thought the exact same thing. We say ground level, and it just seemed really small. Maybe it's because the it's the same height all the way around, so it feels more enclosed. I went up to the top level to have a gander at where my footy seats will be, and the whole thing looks massive from up there. Big bar under the TV screen and a great view, plus heaps of room to move around and just stand if you want.

Albys we're pretty s**t, that's all they had at the bar near our ground level seats. Had an atomic at the end and that wa a much better.

All in all it's pretty bloody impressive and I can't wait to go there for round 1. Few little things you could complain about but in reality it's pretty good and a great place for Perth to have to host large events.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought the exact same thing. We say ground level, and it just seemed really small. Maybe it's because the it's the same height all the way around, so it feels more enclosed. I went up to the top level to have a gander at where my footy seats will be, and the whole thing looks massive from up there. Big bar under the TV screen and a great view, plus heaps of room to move around and just stand if you want.

Albys we're pretty s**t, that's all they had at the bar near our ground level seats. Had an atomic at the end and that wa a much better.

All in all it's pretty bloody impressive and I can't wait to go there for round 1. Few little things you could complain about but in reality it's pretty good and a great place for Perth to have to host large events.
Can anyone go to the "tap room"?

I know im being a hindsight hero but it might have been better off if the scorchers just played out the whole season t the WACA.

Yeah said the same thing. Was great for cricket Australia, BBL, the TV broadcasters and the fans but absolute s**t for the team. All home ground advantage was lost, and the pitch played like a road.

I was up on level 5 and one thing i really noticed...the place was pretty pungent. Maybe the steep seating focussed up all the hot dog fumes, BO etc.

Certainly way stinkier than I can ever recall at the WACA or subi.

If you are going deffo do the righty and top up the deodorant imo!

Yeah said the same thing. Was great for cricket Australia, BBL, the TV broadcasters and the fans but absolute s**t for the team. All home ground advantage was lost, and the pitch played like a road.

Most of the Scorchers batsmen wouldn't agree. They bowled the wrong length for that pitch. What worked at the WACA clearly didn't at PS and the Cains were good enough to work that out quickly. I just think the Scorchers were outplayed in all facets last night.

I was up on level 5 and one thing i really noticed...the place was pretty pungent. Maybe the steep seating focussed up all the hot dog fumes, BO etc.

A hot muggy day where people were going straight from work. Train on the way home stank. DW I had a shower before I went.

Most of the Scorchers batsmen wouldn't agree. They bowled the wrong length for that pitch. What worked at the WACA clearly didn't at PS and the Cains were good enough to work that out quickly. I just think the Scorchers were outplayed in all facets last night.
And there was no variety. Mitch Marsh is a stock ball bowler. Can't believe they didnt throw Voges or another part timer just to change up. ******* terrible captaining and coaching yesterday.

That was the stench of the Scorchers' bowling performance

3 things about the game -
(1) We could've used a slower bowling option
(2) We didn't take our run out chances; they did
(3) The above 2 things would have only reduced their eventual winning margin; we were thoroughly outplayed.

3 things about the stadium -
(1) WACA members' area stuffs things up in terms of movement around the ground, access to facilities, etc.
(2) Alby-only bars are s**t and they need to signpost beer availability much better. And while the lines are huge, they move really quick.
(3) You're an idiot if you queued for the gents. I was out at the innings break and saw a queue of about 15 blokes for the nearest gents and then no queue at all at the next 2 I walked past.
(3.1) Fantastic view, stadium, etc. Cup holders aren't as bad as they are made out to be.

I know im being a hindsight hero but it might have been better off if the scorchers just played out the whole season t the WACA.
Having 5 bowlers who all bowl exactly the same - line length pace with hardly a change up in sight wouldn't have helped anywhere. Missing Agar and Tye our only bowlers who do offer a point of difference was what made us play so s**t - not the ground.
Can anyone go to the "tap room"?
Not for Eagles games. They sold that area as a special prime seating area. Only people with the Sky View Deck membership is allowed in.
http://events.wce.com.au/hospitality/sky-view-deck

Back