Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Hoping to join

Votes: 36 20.8%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 65 37.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Really enjoyed the stadium, only two real complaints

1. Whoever designed the light show needed to turn off the floodlights more often. Lighting was at its best when the ad panels were flashing and the rest of the stadium was dark.
2. They'd wanna sort out paths to crown pretty quickly. Most of us that parked there had to take "the river walk" which was fine but involved traversing multiple garden beds, and more than once we were turned around by a dead end.

I sat on the fence line of level 1 and thought the view was great, will be in level three for the footy and I think I'll prefer that for view + heat. But anyone who gets row 1 won't be complaining imo

1. Whoever designed the light show needed to turn off the floodlights more often. Lighting was at its best when the ad panels were flashing and the rest of the stadium was dark.
2. They'd wanna sort out paths to crown pretty quickly. Most of us that parked there had to take "the river walk" which was fine but involved traversing multiple garden beds, and more than once we were turned around by a dead end.

I sat on the fence line of level 1 and thought the view was great, will be in level three for the footy and I think I'll prefer that for view + heat. But anyone who gets row 1 won't be complaining imo
How long did the all take? Easy to park?

Managed to get to Warwick train station after work just before 4pm. Walked into the stadium 1 minute before the first ball was bowled. That was with no direct trains and having to switch from the Joondalup line to the Armadale line. Really happy with that, couldn't have got to Subiaco any quicker.

I left after the 9th wicket. Walked straight into the train station and onto a waiting train on Joondalup line. Train waited a few minutes until we were jammed like sardines then took off. Easy. Also quicker than leaving Subiaco.... having to walk to Leederville station and all.

But that was with a lot of the crowd leaving early. Any games like the ODI which go the distance and everyone leaves at the same time will cause some more problems. At least my footy seats are about as close to the station as you can get.

Having 5 bowlers who all bowl exactly the same - line length pace with hardly a change up in sight wouldn't have helped anywhere. Missing Agar and Tye our only bowlers who do offer a point of difference was what made us play so s**t - not the ground.

Agreed that this is a huge reason why we got clubbed all over the park but it doesn't explain our batsmen collectively shitting the bed. The whole game was a massive choke.

Agreed that this is a huge reason why we got clubbed all over the park but it doesn't explain our batsmen collectively shitting the bed. The whole game was a massive choke.

Chasing 10 an over from the get go is extremely difficult as everything has to go essentially perfectly. We needed to hit 3 4's an over after the first 3 overs were bowled.

I think letting them bat first was a mistake. You have to take the initiative in big games like finals IMO.

Not many teams chase down 200 plus scores. Need everything to go right. You don't feel like you have time to play yourself in at all and need to go for it from ball one. Plus in a final you might as well lose by 100 and go down swinging rather than limp towards a respectable total but lose anyway.

Going to cut the batsmen some slack on this one.

We walked through the Crown Towers lobby, followed the path East (not West passed the helicopters to the river) and along the grass and path the whole way to entry E. No issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking about flogs.... I got a beer at innings break and was walking back to my seat along the lower walkway behind all the seats. Meat head security told me I wasn't allowed to drink here as its an alcohol free zone. Told him to get lost as the bar is right behind us and my alcohol allowed seats are right there. WTF do you want me to do? Surely the walkway around the ground is not included in the alcohol free seating.

Talking about flogs.... I got a beer at innings break and was walking back to my seat along the lower walkway behind all the seats. Meat head security told me I wasn't allowed to drink here as its an alcohol free zone. Told him to get lost as the bar is right behind us and my alcohol allowed seats are right there. WTF do you want me to do? Surely the walkway around the ground is not included in the alcohol free seating.
There's two blocks, 511 and another one directly opposite that i know of

We walked through the Crown Towers lobby, followed the path East (not West passed the helicopters to the river) and along the grass and path the whole way to entry E. No issues.

I'm talking about the walk back after the game. No troubles getting in.

How long did the all take? Easy to park?

I didn't have a tonne of trouble parking, did a couple of laps and got lucky with someone leaving at around 3.30pm. I think any later and I'd have been out of luck. Took about 10 mins to walk to the stadium, the return walk was about 20.

Dunno if you're only referring to footy or the 1st home team to win there, but the Scorchers WBBL team won their semi before the BBL semi.
The thunder were the home team tho. The game was played in Perth only because of the BBL semi was there. So technically no home team has won yet.

Back