• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, East Perth
For those that are members I thought I'd share this email I received in case others haven't received a similar email. I am a note holder, so members may not have received there's yet.

Dear Chris Masten,

Although the club has not yet reached a final agreement to play at Perth Stadium, the club intends – and looks forward – to playing football at this new world-class venue. We continue to negotiate with VenuesLive in good faith and, while we expect that those negotiations will result in an agreement, there are still some important and critical issues to be resolved.

The new stadium will significantly enhance the match day experience for our members and this move is set to be among the most pivotal events in our club's history. The club will continue to work through negotiation of the remaining issues with the interests of our members and fans at the centre of those discussions.

To ensure a smooth transition in time for the 2018 AFL season, we are at a point where we need to start implementing our planning for the move, in anticipation of a final agreement being resolved. This begins with asking you to register the group you would like to sit with at Perth Stadium . This applies even if you wish to sit alone, or have no specific requirements.

Since the West Coast Eagles' inception, the significant investment and continued loyalty of our noteholders has been a driving force behind the club’s success. We are pleased to confirm that the seating priority status of unsecured notes will be recognised in the transition to Perth Stadium.

This means that those holding a note will retain the right to one reserved seat per note.

Further, in recognition of the loyalty and patience of noteholders, the club will offer those holding an activated note (ie a note attached to a current membership) an exclusive right of first refusal priority period on all available reserved seat inventory at Perth Stadium, ahead of all other members, plus right of first refusal on limited Premium Hospitality memberships.

Due to the exclusivity of this offer, your group must consist only of those with an activated note in order to receive this priority. You are welcome to form a group with members who do not hold activated notes; however, this means that you will relinquish your priority and be placed in the Season member category for seat offers.

Members have until Tuesday, February 28, 2017 to complete their group information, so there is no need to rush your decision. Please note there will be no priority afforded by completing this information earlier. We recommend that you visit westcoasteagles.com.au/perthstadium and carefully read all information provided, including the comprehensive list of frequently asked questions and responses.

We understand that many of you will have different needs and I can assure you that, as a club, we are committed to making this process as simple as possible for you.

Our West Coast Eagles members have created a proud history at Domain Stadium, a legacy we will have the opportunity to build upon at Perth Stadium as we embark on this next phase.

Kind regards,

Niz-Signature.png

Trevor Nisbett
Chief Executive

I believe that's how Masten writes normally.

No.... not correct he usually uses one of these to write.

download-2.jpg
They dont' call him The Crayola Kid for nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West coast and Freo played a very big role in what the stadium size would be, they wanted demand to still be bigger than supply so they can continue to rip off their members. And of course they got their wish. An 80k stadium would of pushed membership prices down.
The stadium size isn't too bad
Perhaps 65k would've been better
80k would've been too big
But 10k for non-members is excessive

The stadium size isn't too bad
Perhaps 65k would've been better
But 10k for non-members is excessive

Minimum 70k to go to 80k in the future would of provided a stadium for the next 100 years.
But it's not about what is right for the paying public it's about what is good for the two tenants.

Disagree, imagine an 80,000 strong finals or derby crowd.

Obviously it won't fill every game but it eliminates the need for costly expansion in the future.

I'd definitely rock up to every match knowing I'd be guaranteed a ticket at the gate.

Disagree, imagine an 80,000 strong finals or derby crowd.

Obviously it won't fill every game but it eliminates the need for costly expansion in the future.

I'd definitely rock up to every match knowing I'd be guaranteed a ticket at the gate.

Exactly right, which is why they didn't do it.

Exactly right, which is why they didn't do it.
To be honest I'd be more likely to sign up for a membership knowing I'd be attending most matches.

At the moment I don't see the point given the waiting list and the fact it won't change much even with the new stadium.

West coast and Freo played a very big role in what the stadium size would be, they wanted demand to still be bigger than supply so they can continue to rip off their members. And of course they got their wish. An 80k stadium would of pushed membership prices down.

WCE wanted a 50k stadium.

What is the magic number for seated members currently at subi? My guess would be somewhere around the 35k mark ...?

So that means 15k seats for current in the wings member - my current waiting list number is 7500ish, so on average I'd say each waiting list number will take two seats - I think I'll miss out for next year... :(p

What is the magic number for seated members currently at subi? My guess would be somewhere around the 35k mark ...?

So that means 15k seats for current in the wings member - my current waiting list number is 7500ish, so on average I'd say each waiting list number will take two seats - I think I'll miss out for next year... :(p

39k is my understanding.

My bet is the club will offer some form of limited seating like the 3 game version of membership common in Vic.

Cam confirm the club will be offering limited game memberships. In my signing to move to the new stadium I had an option to click that means they will offer me different types of membership which includes me upgrading or downgrading.

Back