Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
Witness Greatness from 2013 was the best slogan

Also boo, didn’t realise noteholders have no prior window no more
They made that pretty clear when they did the seat allocation process. Noteholders had the chance to get cat A tickets, which give them grand final priority.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

DJMac

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
West Coast, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Rather than create a new thread I thought I would post a question here.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to upgrade memberships from B Reserve or other to A Reserve or even Blue and Gold Terrace Memberships? Is there a waiting list and is it very long?

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Fairly certain, as with all seat changes, preference is given to longer serving members first. That's how it was operated at Subi. Thats how they did the seat allocation at Optus.

So it will just depend on how many people in Cat A opt out this year and who wants to move in to Cat A that has more years than you.

EagleMan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WCE
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-13/have-we-outgrown-perth-stadium-already/10237716

Average crowds against interstate sides:

DlhX92XUUAQ0bff.jpg

DJMac

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
West Coast, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Fairly certain, as with all seat changes, preference is given to longer serving members first. That's how it was operated at Subi. Thats how they did the seat allocation at Optus.

So it will just depend on how many people in Cat A opt out this year and who wants to move in to Cat A that has more years than you.

Thanks for the response. I would agree on the process but was wondering how the numbers actually look. By that I mean are all Cat A seating areas 100% allocated to Cat A memberships or is there a possible overflow of Cat B members sitting in a Cat A area using the otherwise unused seats.

Or do they keep seating out of the equation completely and allow a Cat B member to upgrade even if keeping same seats so they can get the Priority 1 GF tickets. Was just asking as a mate was in that position. Not sure if the price difference between A & B is justified for getting priority 1 and think that value will vary from one person to the next.

Sep 15, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders,Crystal Palace F.C
Have to say despite not particularly liking the eagles I have loved going to the games this season (have a membership to sit with my eagles supporting wife). Especially when the eagles have gotten up in a couple of close games the place was rocking. Of course the facilities are awesome and transport has been a breeze, cant wait for next season already :D

Ghossein

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Team Arrogance
Have to say despite not particularly liking the eagles I have loved going to the games this season (have a membership to sit with my eagles supporting wife). Especially when the eagles have gotten up in a couple of close games the place was rocking. Of course the facilities are awesome and transport has been a breeze, cant wait for next season already :D

this.... has not been my experience

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Thanks for the response. I would agree on the process but was wondering how the numbers actually look. By that I mean are all Cat A seating areas 100% allocated to Cat A memberships or is there a possible overflow of Cat B members sitting in a Cat A area using the otherwise unused seats.

Or do they keep seating out of the equation completely and allow a Cat B member to upgrade even if keeping same seats so they can get the Priority 1 GF tickets. Was just asking as a mate was in that position. Not sure if the price difference between A & B is justified for getting priority 1 and think that value will vary from one person to the next.
It's 100% seating based. You sit in a Cat A seat, or Cat B seat - you can't upgrade your membership and stay in the same seat.

The price increase is $110 between every category.

Seat move requests are based on availability, current category and length of membership. If no Cat A members leave, there is nothing to move into.
Members may ask to move within a Category (ie a Cat B member may request a move to closer to an aisle, or out of the sun, or to move to sit with other family etc if seats open up).

Some members may also ask to move to cheaper seats.

DJMac

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
West Coast, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
It's 100% seating based. You sit in a Cat A seat, or Cat B seat - you can't upgrade your membership and stay in the same seat.

The price increase is $110 between every category.

Seat move requests are based on availability, current category and length of membership. If no Cat A members leave, there is nothing to move into.
Members may ask to move within a Category (ie a Cat B member may request a move to closer to an aisle, or out of the sun, or to move to sit with other family etc if seats open up).

Some members may also ask to move to cheaper seats.

Ok thanks

southcoast

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2006
southcoast
AFL Club
West Coast
IIRC - at the start of the year when seat allocations and 'bills' arrived there was some gnashing of teeth about costs, seats etc and some even indicated they would retain membership this year and then 'consider' their position for 2019.

In our case we were in 126 (Mainwaring Wing) at Subiaco and this year are in 124 (50m line) and paid $100 extra for the new seats. Initially our intentions was to renew for 2018 so we could experience the new stadium and then possibly reconsider ongoing membership - the 4.5 hr drive to, and from, Perth was also a factor.

Now I know this year's results have been outstanding and we seemed to have 'outperformed' public and expert opinion but taking all factors into consideration - we're all in for 2019 again.

Anyone else?

Sep 15, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders,Crystal Palace F.C
karrinyup bus, the one that routinely has lines so long that they snake around the bus area and enclose other lines
Ah ok. Yeah some of them to have huge lines compared to others. I take the canning vale or curtin uni bus and have never waited longer than 5 minutes from getting to the bus stand to getting on the bus.

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dockers are having bigger price rises apparently
Checked Freo website:
Top 3 categories, no price rice.
Lower 2 Categories have $20 price rice (they were already pretty cheap)

2019 Membership Prices:
WC
A $840
B $730
C $620
D $510
E $400
* All memberships up $10

Freo
1 $999
2 $799
3 $599
4 $399
5 $349 (up $20)
6 $269 (up $20)

Overall, best seats are still cheaper with West Coast, but much cheaper options available for Freo fans.

This excludes Club 87, Platinum Terrace etc for both.

Back