• Already a member but not rejoining

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Hoping to join

Votes: 36 20.8%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 65 37.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

$10 increase is extremely fair IMO. That's less than the inflation rate on even the cheapest category. I would have happily accepted a larger increase, especially if they had framed it as a Gaffy & Gov Retention Surcharge :)

Checked Freo website:
Top 3 categories, no price rice.
Lower 2 Categories have $20 price rice (they were already pretty cheap)

2019 Membership Prices:
WC
A $840
B $730
C $620
D $510
E $400
* All memberships up $10

Freo
1 $999
2 $799
3 $599
4 $399
5 $349 (up $20)
6 $269 (up $20)

Overall, best seats are still cheaper with West Coast, but much cheaper options available for Freo fans.

This excludes Club 87, Platinum Terrace etc for both.
Spoke to my brother (purple member) I think I got mixed up a bit. They are changing some seats to higher categories so members who had that seat this year might have to move to stay in the same category or pay a higher price.

Spoke to my brother (purple member) I think I got mixed up a bit. They are changing some seats to higher categories so members who had that seat this year might have to move to stay in the same category or pay a higher price.
Considering the jump between the higher categories, that could be a $200 increase. Ouch.

So memberships are up $10 a seat in 2019 - that's an extra $500,000 in the eagles bank account

That's on the back of estimated extra couple of million $ profit for winning the premiership :think:

Yes the club are not short on funds! They would be raking it in at the moment with the amount of people I see purchasing memorabilia.

I notice that we get a special edition members scarf next year with our memberships (Thank you WCE). I wonder if certain blocks will get blue scarfs and the other yellow scarfs ;)

Will Schofield on the BackChat podcast said that playing at Optus Stadium feels like the G, so when he ran out on GF day he thought nothing of it, apart from seeing a bunch of black & white on the wing.

Forgot about the seating at the MCG. Squeezed in Q49 (next to MCC members) in the middle of the row at the Granny. Couldn't get in and out for a beer and a wee (and another beer and another wee ad infinitum) so didnt bother :'(.

The bigger seats as far as leg room, bum room and the sightlines are so much better at Optus.

Between that and the dimensions being close to the G for game plan, we're set up for a long time. :)

Thanks after all Uncle Colin.

Forgot about the seating at the MCG. Squeezed in Q49 (next to MCC members) in the middle of the row at the Granny. Couldn't get in and out for a beer and a wee (and another beer and another wee ad infinitum) so didnt bother :'(.

The bigger seats as far as leg room, bum room and the sightlines are so much better at Optus.

Between that and the dimensions being close to the G for game plan, we're set up for a long time. :)

Thanks after all Uncle Colin.
Really did notice how cramped it was at the MCG comparatively to Perth Stadium, lines for beer were outrageous, only got beers at half time as any time would have meant missing game time, trying to squeeze through the aisles was a lot harder also.

Really did notice how cramped it was at the MCG comparatively to Perth Stadium, lines for beer were outrageous, only got beers at half time as any time would have meant missing game time, trying to squeeze through the aisles was a lot harder also.
I used to bang on about this when people whinged about subi - every stadium has long queues when it's at capacity (subi had several other issues obviously).

Checked Freo website:
Top 3 categories, no price rice.
Lower 2 Categories have $20 price rice (they were already pretty cheap)

2019 Membership Prices:
WC
A $840
B $730
C $620
D $510
E $400
* All memberships up $10

Freo
1 $999
2 $799
3 $599
4 $399
5 $349 (up $20)
6 $269 (up $20)

Overall, best seats are still cheaper with West Coast, but much cheaper options available for Freo fans.

This excludes Club 87, Platinum Terrace etc for both.

Club 87 memberships are up by $15 - we wont change though. Awesome seats across an awesome season. We had brilliant seats at the GF due to our Club 87 membership.

The GF was a fantastic game to be at - I find it very difficult to imagine how we could ever experience that same or similar euphoric feeling that we did when the final siren blew to announce our WCE as the 2018 Premiers. I actually felt for the Collingwood supporters - that must have been simply terrible for them.

More night games at Optus would be nice. The sun can be a bit of an issue (block 346) for afternoon games. Still, I am not whinging.

We can't wait for the first game of 2019.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be awesome. I still think the season should open with a GF rematch - the Richmond vs Carlton game is often a one sided blow-out (or a cripple fight between two bottom 10 teams).

where Melbourne ?

Nope - at the home ground of the winning team and on Friday night.

In our case (for 2019 season) Freo would rightfully have their first home and away fixture at Optus (Sat or Sun) with GF re-match on the Friday before.

Nope - at the home ground of the winning team and on Friday night.

In our case (for 2019 season) Freo would rightfully have their first home and away fixture at Optus (Sat or Sun) with GF re-match on the Friday before.
wont happen Freo's turn first game , i know we are arrogant but that's the go

wont happen Freo's turn first game , i know we are arrogant but that's the go
I think he's trying to say that regardless it should just be pencilled in.

For me, whether it's the rematch or not, the Premiers should open the season as they do in the NFL. You win the Premiership you open the season. Period.

today i had the chance to change seats at the new stadium. Not much on offer so anyone else in the same boat dont get your hopes up. Have moved about 6 rows closer to the front of the block which is a win i guess. Still not happy that after being 20 year members we got switched from Row A of the grand stand to Row 16 at the new stadium.

My mate royally ****** up. He was in the wings for thw last 10 years and finally became a seated member in 2018.

Somehow he did not have the money to renew his membership so he let it lapse.
Oh s**t. Did they give him the chance to make the payment again?

it just really shits me to see people leaving early because the lines are that bad

I'll put my hand up - we tend to leave a couple of minutes early and we are usually walking down the stairs to the buses when the siren goes. Allows us to pretty much get straight on a bus and to the car parked in Sth Perth, onto the freeway for the 4.5 hr drive home. A few extra minutes in bus line can make a lot of difference to our departure from Perth.

I'll put my hand up - we tend to leave a couple of minutes early and we are usually walking down the stairs to the buses when the siren goes. Allows us to pretty much get straight on a bus and to the car parked in Sth Perth, onto the freeway for the 4.5 hr drive home. A few extra minutes in bus line can make a lot of difference to our departure from Perth.
even when it's close?

Back