KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast
Checked Freo website:
Top 3 categories, no price rice.
Lower 2 Categories have $20 price rice (they were already pretty cheap)

2019 Membership Prices:
WC
A $840
B $730
C $620
D $510
E $400
* All memberships up $10

Freo
1 $999
2 $799
3 $599
4 $399
5 $349 (up $20)
6 $269 (up $20)

Overall, best seats are still cheaper with West Coast, but much cheaper options available for Freo fans.

This excludes Club 87, Platinum Terrace etc for both.
Who in their right mind would pay that much ( cat 1 and 2) for doker memberships.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
They called him to say that their wasnt enough cash in his account to make the payment and had 2 days to get the cash together before they tried again.

He couldnt get the cash sorted in time so he had to let his membership go.
Was he paying up front as you have the option to pay in 4 instalments as long as it's fully paid sometime in February I think?
Also surely he could have put it on his credit card to give him time to pay?

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone done the Optus stadium tour? I have got a voucher to go and have a look.

I did one the day after our QF win as a father's day present. Wasn't bad, but wasn't amazing either. Seemed a little unorganised, like the guy would take us up somewhere, and then the door was locked so we couldn't go in, so he's like, ah ok, we'll go this way now. Just seemed like it wasn't very structured, and you'd probably get a different tour every time.

Still cool to go into the rooms, and the coaches box etc, and the fancy $8000 a year seats. If you're footy mad (which you likey are cause you're on BigFooty:D) then I'd say it's worth it, but it could've been slightly better.

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone done the Optus stadium tour? I have got a voucher to go and have a look.
Yes i have, do it its good.
1 hour 45 mins tops, a lady did it with a walker so not so tough.
Saw both clubs players rooms, ice baths, warm up nets, Corporate boxes, Coaches boxes, Freos trophy cabinet that was empty..great day out for all.

DJMac

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
West Coast, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
today i had the chance to change seats at the new stadium. Not much on offer so anyone else in the same boat dont get your hopes up. Have moved about 6 rows closer to the front of the block which is a win i guess. Still not happy that after being 20 year members we got switched from Row A of the grand stand to Row 16 at the new stadium.

Yeah there are very few seats available for changing too. Because membership is maxed out there are no empty seats to get it started so when you look at options there are few to none. As a result you can’t free up you’re own seats so there is effectively a log jam.

I am interested in swapping seats to get closer to friends for half time beers. I have 2 seats under cover very close to the bus station in block 142. I would like to move over to the other side (BLOCKS 118, 119, 120, 121) or there about.

Mods - A permanent thread for discussing and arranging the swapping of seats might be useful?

Ghossein

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Team Arrogance
I'll put my hand up - we tend to leave a couple of minutes early and we are usually walking down the stairs to the buses when the siren goes. Allows us to pretty much get straight on a bus and to the car parked in Sth Perth, onto the freeway for the 4.5 hr drive home. A few extra minutes in bus line can make a lot of difference to our departure from Perth.

it's not that i'm blaming you, it's the fault of the state government for woefully mismanaging and under delivering on transport options

Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
it's not that i'm blaming you, it's the fault of the state government for woefully mismanaging and under delivering on transport options

To be fair, it's hard to allow for every scenario and whilst there are a number of members who make the trip from the country they'd be in the minority. Plus I'm sure they'd prefer it if you stay overnight in Perth than making the trip back. Got to try and fill those hotel rooms.
The only system I can think of that might be useful is a priority pass for those who are based in the country to skip the transport queue but it'd probably end up being abused. The PT to the stadium is pretty good overall.

At the end of the day 60,000 people are simultaneously leaving an area, it's going to be take a few minutes to move them on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 15, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders,Crystal Palace F.C
I think they've done an amazing job with the transport if you look at the logistics of moving 50K+ in less than an hour.
Agree with this. We never left before the siren this season and never had to wait much more than 5 mins for a bus. Although there was a few other routes that had pretty massive lines (these routes had more buses though as well).

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Agree with this. We never left before the siren this season and never had to wait much more than 5 mins for a bus. Although there was a few other routes that had pretty massive lines (these routes had more buses though as well).
I caught the train and it was usually a twenty min wait. Often I'd just go to the camfield for a pint instead, making more productive use of the wait time

Ghossein

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Team Arrogance
I think they've done an amazing job with the transport if you look at the logistics of moving 50K+ in less than an hour.

transperth has done an amazing job, the government has been disasterous

there is no reason Uber and Ola need to be banned from pickup/drop off, “traffic” is not really an issue given the amount of people who choose to walk or take PT, and for the first half of the season we didn’t have the bridge meaning that public transport was the only option to leave the venue

for no other venue in the country is this the case

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I think the transperth have done a good job, but the short sightedness not to order more trains and busses so that the city can cope with week night events is stupid. Something that can be easily fixed.

Once the Thornlie to Cockburn link is built getting more people going in the other direction on the rail platform will make a big difference.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

there is no reason Uber and Ola need to be banned from pickup/drop off, “traffic” is not really an issue given the amount of people who choose to walk or take PT, and for the first half of the season we didn’t have the bridge meaning that public transport was the only option to leave the venue

The way the world is going I reckon most new stadiums being built in Australia would be pretty restrictive on which cars they allow into the facility.

Pedestrian bridge was a flop and I'm no Labor guy but I was glad they ripped up the contract and had it manufactured locally. We should be doing that more.

All my stadium experiences have been excellent and I still feel very lucky and proud to have the facility on our doorstep.

JohnW

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

I know my folks would not have used public transport if these options or simply being dropped off was an option. And they would have never realised how simple the train is.

Although lots still drive to burswood then walk. I can't understand the time and effort people put in to avoiding public transport.

I know my folks would not have used public transport if these options or simply being dropped off was an option. And they would have never realised how simple the train is.

Although lots still drive to burswood then walk. I can't understand the time and effort people put in to avoiding public transport.
Yeah, public transport is definitely the way to clear the area.

I tend to Uber from the train station if I'm having a few beers and that costs * all, way quicker getting the train out of there in the right general direction.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
The way the world is going I reckon most new stadiums being built in Australia would be pretty restrictive on which cars they allow into the facility.

Pedestrian bridge was a flop and I'm no Labor guy but I was glad they ripped up the contract and had it manufactured locally. We should be doing that more.

All my stadium experiences have been excellent and I still feel very lucky and proud to have the facility on our doorstep.

The problem with the bridge is it should go directly to claisebrook! Who knows what could become of that bottom end of glouscter Park

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
The problem with the bridge is it should go directly to claisebrook! Who knows what could become of that bottom end of glouscter Park

I think East Perth is going to be heavily redeveloped at some point to turn it into a precinct in its own right. It'll take time, govt approval, and private investment.

We've just done a large student accommodation development there, and were warned about watching our step when visiting the site office due to all the needles they found in the area. East Perth has been forgotten about to some degree and the renovation of other suburbs has forced certain folk to those areas.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I think East Perth is going to be heavily redeveloped at some point to turn it into a precinct in its own right. It'll take time, govt approval, and private investment.

We've just done a large student accommodation development there, and were warned about watching our step when visiting the site office due to all the needles they found in the area. East Perth has been forgotten about to some degree and the renovation of other suburbs has forced certain folk to those areas.

Footbridge is some fair distance from that part of east Perth

Back