Portfolio Mowscot Manor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daics35Marvel

All Australian
Jun 25, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wow dude. You have some serious talent. I just found this thread and it's the best thing I've seen on BigFooty. Have you thought about making your own GF posters and selling them? Replacing the gun with the Premiership Cup in the Pies one would be pretty simple. People would pay good money for them. They would s**t all over everything else that's available that's for sure.

Favourites for me are the Bombers, Saints and the Pies of course.

Mowse

Team Captain
Aug 5, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knights
Does anyone remember the tops that were getting around in the 90s featuring mascots in the same aggressive style as these? I remember owning a Roos one, it was awesome.

I would love to see some of these. If anyone has any pics feel free to post em here. or any old mascoty type stuff, some of the old mascots would be interesting to see.

Mowse

Team Captain
Aug 5, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knights
If anyone is up for a real challenge, how about making a Grasshopper look menacing (an anthropomorphic one of course) ?, because my local team, Murchison are the Grasshoppers and they wear Bottle Green with a Gold Sash, and it's bloody hard to make an insect look badass (even though grasshoppers are destructive).

I would love to do this myself, but I'm a lousy illustrator, so if anyone's up for it, that'll be fantastic.:D.

I'm up for a challenge! might be a while before I get round to it, but a grasshopper could look very cool and I havn't done an insect yet. Good suggestion.

May 15, 2006
Werribee
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I would love to see some of these. If anyone has any pics feel free to post em here. or any old mascoty type stuff, some of the old mascots would be interesting to see.

I remember these.

mascots.gif

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mernda, Murch/Toolamba, Man City
I'm up for a challenge! might be a while before I get round to it, but a grasshopper could look very cool and I havn't done an insect yet. Good suggestion.

Nice:D, although I cant seem to be able to upload a photo of our current emblem, we do have a Facebook page under the name Murchison Football/Netball Club if you want to see what we currently have.

It's O.K, but I think we could make it a bit tougher around the edges, and thanks for the offer Mowse, I really appreciate it :thumbsu:.

Lucev23

Josh Kennedy is My Dad
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I might even have my old top laying around somewhere, I'll try find it.

Omegaville

Club Legend
May 8, 2010
Croydon
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg FC, Melb Vixens, Renegades
If anyone is up for a real challenge, how about making a Grasshopper look menacing (an anthropomorphic one of course) ?, because my local team, Murchison are the Grasshoppers and they wear Bottle Green with a Gold Sash, and it's bloody hard to make an insect look badass (even though grasshoppers are destructive).

bl_011Hopper1.jpg

Hopper from "A Bug's Life".

Sepul

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2010
Outer S.E. Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
VFL-1975.gif

I remember colouring in a black and white version of the Hawks one about a million times in primary school, during Art class. My art teacher used to call me "Dermie", I hated that - but he used to let me just sit there and colour in a Hawk haha!

Apr 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco — West Ham
VFL-1975.gif

I remember colouring in a black and white version of the Hawks one about a million times in primary school, during Art class. My art teacher used to call me "Dermie", I hated that - but he used to let me just sit there and colour in a Hawk haha!
The bomber looks part of the Ku Klux Klan.

Omegaville

Club Legend
May 8, 2010
Croydon
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams

When I was a kid I had a placemat with the Richmond one on it.

One of our staff at work (retired in December, sadly passed away in January) had a plastic Magpies 3D one suitable for hanging on a wall... after the Pies got up last year, she put it at the front of the mail trolley as she did the rounds of the office.

Have seen old stubbie holders from the era with these logos on it. Not neoprene stuff - OLD SKOOL ones (tin or polystyrene).

Matt_TY

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2003
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
VFL-1975.gif

Haha, I have an old colouring book with these logos in it! (Mind you I was a very young child at the time so the coloouring does not resemble reality in any way :D )

I also remember the later, friendlier series. Remember those holographic logo cards?

But on topic, Mowse these are bloody brilliant. Can't wait to see what you do with the Giants.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
That Suns one is your best effort mate, ridiculously good. They should stop all the surfie branding immediately and base their branding around that image. Phenomenal.

23Legend

All Australian
Jul 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wonders, Lakers, Double Blues, SA
Bump.

Sad, no one has posted for a while, when are the next ones coming Mowse????

Mowse

Team Captain
Aug 5, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knights
Yeah, sorry its been awhile. Very busy lately.
I've been doing a few rough sketches of a 'giants' mascot but its not there yet. hopefully soon. Then I'll do a final demon.
Also there might be some interesting news coming to the mowsehouse soon, but i cant say more until the stars are aligned;).

In the meantime here is a blast from the past. It's the first mascot I ever drew, back when wolves was being thrown around as a suggestion for GWS. You can see how rough it is:eek: but it's what eventually led to this thread.

mowscotwolf.jpg

PS. thanks for posting those old VFL mascots. they're pretty cool and most of them could still be used today. How did essendon go from a big fighter jet/bomber to a tiny mosquito??

Omegaville

Club Legend
May 8, 2010
Croydon
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Essendon were (not officially) nicknamed the Mosquitos in the 1920s, particularly after the 1924 premiership season where their smaller running players were known as the "Mosquito fleet". I guess they revisited the concept when the Mascot Manor crew were drawn up. That, and it's hard to anthropomorphise a jet.

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
How did essendon go from a big fighter jet/bomber to a tiny mosquito??

Compared to most mosquito's it's colossal.
Also it works better as a costume. I'd love to see a costume of your "Bomber" running around the ground before a game though:D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back