Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Such a great comedy show!!
Rowan Atkinson is incredibly funny! No one else would have pulled off the Mr.Bean character as good as him. Still can't believe he hasn't been involved in more 'blockbuster' series and movies! I think Mr.Bean is one of the few comedies that I would episodes over and over again.

What's your favourite Episode??

Love the Christmas episode and the one where he goes to the hotel and cuts out part of the wall to use the bath in the room next door.

HAHA yes the hotel episode. I love how he copies everything that the other guest does. Best part of that episode is when he eats all those oysters and they're all off!!

Not really. Brits are usually smart at not overdoing it with TV series.

I watched an interview with Ricky Gervais once where he talked about the office, the us copy, and whatever he was working on. He also spoke about the differing methods for getting funding.

Essentially, in the UK, the show, characters, even scripts are all pre-written before any chance of funding - the funds come for a semi-completed product. A "name" might get you in the pile of scripts, but that is all. In the US, the money is given to the name first, who then write the script and character after funding.

In the UK, there tends to be one overall creater/writer for the whole series, with others brought in to develop and expand or rewrite scripts. In the US, lots of individuals write scripts, which are then combined into one story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back