Mr Football Beta

Remove this Banner Ad

it's quite good! started playing 2 weeks ago or so and my team is up around 19.5m now. still haven't won a finals game yet though. get battered by a fair bit.

Just got smashed by you, 256 to 1. I'm Collingwood scorchers. Like the look of this game a lot.

i could be wrong, but to maximise the chance of getting more fans it's better to play teams under 250k more valuable that your own?

but to be honest, i'm not sure how the fan situation works, because it seems really random.

0-250k is the way you gain fans lol but yeah, any teams in the red it's no good you'll lose fans

yeah true. but i find even playing and beating teams in that range where it says +0 in the fans column i can still lose up to 300 a match. i have to rely on completing challenges where you get +200 to try and break even sometimes. i can't work out a pattern to it. it's probably the only annoying aspect to the game.

yeah true. but i find even playing and beating teams in that range where it says +0 in the fans column i can still lose up to 300 a match. i have to rely on completing challenges where you get +200 to try and break even sometimes. i can't work out a pattern to it. it's probably the only annoying aspect to the game.

Yeah when you become experienced you lose fans earlier than you gain them unfortunately. I'm hoping once the game goes past the beta stage, this is addressed. :thumbsu:

Yeah when you become experienced you lose fans earlier than you gain them unfortunately. I'm hoping once the game goes past the beta stage, this is addressed. :thumbsu:

I might message m0nty asking him a few questions about when its gonna come out, if I do end up asking, ill give you guys the info.

I've only just noticed this thread. If you want to ask questions, fire away.

Main one is when is it going to be finished? I don't know. It's hard for me to work on it during footy season in between FanFooty stuff. I may not be able to finish it until next preseason.

Main one is when is it going to be finished? I don't know. It's hard for me to work on it during footy season in between FanFooty stuff. I may not be able to finish it until next preseason.

I only recently made this thread to get others to play it, its a really good game.

Hey mate, just wondering whether there will be room to expand further such as more improvement points, more opponents (perhaps VFL/SANFL/WAFL etc. clubs), that kind of thing?

Also maybe another way to gain fans (winning should gain you fans, while losing will lose you fans) or something like that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, 15 scoring shots, could be a good goal kicker, I've have someone kick max 8 goals in a game and about 60-70 in a season.

Best I've had is about 11 or so goals in a match and about 120-140 by the same guy for the season.

I've made a new team now. You guys might see a team named Catford Warriors. That's me. :p

Hey mate, just wondering whether there will be room to expand further such as more improvement points, more opponents (perhaps VFL/SANFL/WAFL etc. clubs), that kind of thing?

Also maybe another way to gain fans (winning should gain you fans, while losing will lose you fans) or something like that?
Winning and losing does give modifiers to the fan roll, but it's not the only determinant, as a perusal of the full rules will attest. Lower league clubs is a good idea, I'll look into that.

There will be other ways to gain fans once the game is integrated into Facebook. Gifting fans to other coaches will be a big thing (with limits of course). You will get a fan boost for visiting each day (or other reward). Plus of course you'll be able to buy them with Facebook credits. I'm glad that it's hard to get fans in the beta, actually, because once those other elements are added then it will be balanced.

Winning and losing does give modifiers to the fan roll, but it's not the only determinant, as a perusal of the full rules will attest. Lower league clubs is a good idea, I'll look into that.

There will be other ways to gain fans once the game is integrated into Facebook. Gifting fans to other coaches will be a big thing (with limits of course). You will get a fan boost for visiting each day (or other reward). Plus of course you'll be able to buy them with Facebook credits. I'm glad that it's hard to get fans in the beta, actually, because once those other elements are added then it will be balanced.

Before I found about about the beta, I also followed your demo, the 2010 grand final thing, possible to also work on that and add the rest of the teams, it would nice to use that to simulate a few games for a story or something.

a key for all the abbreviations would be nice!

(inb4 there already is one and i just cant see it)

I am exhuming this old thread because I have exhumed the Mr Football game, aiming at a release some time in 2020 for iOS/Android. It has a very different look than the browser game on FanFooty, though the basic match mechanics are much the same (minus the fan element at this stage). It will now be a collectible card game, free to play with in-app purchases and rewards for watching ads. Influences on its development include Blood Bowl, Heroes Charge, Star Trek Timelines and Don Bradman Cricket.

See the #mrfootball hashtag on Twitter for some discussion and grainy screenshots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back