FTA-TV Mr Inbetween

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a latecomer to this show and it is without doubt the greatest Aussie show I've ever seen.

I'm finding S3 a little down on the previous 2, but still better than 99% of tv shows.

Binged this last week.
s2 is absolutely brilliant television.

But this entire scene in s1 ep5 takes the cake.
Nable's a god

RAY : So what're you gonna call him anyway ?

DAVE : Quentin...James

RAY : * starts laughing *

DAVE : * offended *....whatthefuggisit...what was THAT ?

RAY : Ya worried about your kid suckin' dicks...and ya gonna call the kid " Quentin "...

DAVE : ...mate ! Quentin's a good name, that was my grandfathers name. Ya don't like " Quentin " ?...

RAY : yeah ya grandfathers name, was he GAY ??....

DAVE : NO he wasn't *en' GAYYYY !

RAY : * laughs mockingly * Why don't ya call him " JOHN " or something....give him a BLOKES *en' name

DAVE : Quentin IS a blokes name

RAY : a GAY blokes name yeah, good one

DAVE : Get ****ed !

RAY * laughs some more *

DAVE : * you !

RAY : Name one bloke you know named Quentin who's a " blokey " bloke...

DAVE : I don't know any Quentins alright, except my grandfather. THAT'S one of the reasons, that's an original name, it's an original strong *en' name !

RAY : Alright, ok , one man from history, one bloke in history who was a blokey bloke called Quentin ?....

DAVE : * flustered *

RAY : ...SEE !!!

DAVE : Okay..alright...remember, okay not a " blokey " bloke but if ya talk about courage, remember little *en' Quentin from " WILLESEE "
You know, he was in his....he was all *en crumpled up, the *en' little blond-haired kid. Used to come on Willesee and make the *en campaigner cry.
That poor little bastard couldn't even eat a *en' TIM-TAM without breakin his *en' fingers !!!

RAY : Not a blokey bloke !!

DAVE : Not a blokey bloke mate, BUT, was in a MOVIE....wrote a BOOK. He *en', mate , one year they *en' put him in the celebrity car race. They propped him up on some books and he raced a *en' CAR...like at *en' good speed !!!

RAY : yeahno no-no...ya know i mean he's not a " blokey " bloke, i mean, ya got a point but....yeeeah..

DAVE : Yeah ABSOLUTELY got a *en' point, it's a GOOD STRONG *EN' NAME !

RAY * unconvinced *...yeah..

All improv apparently :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love this show, but was it only me that felt like the last few episodes seemed a little (for want of a better word) rushed? It was like there were some scenes that may have been cut for whatever reason (Covid?). This seemed especially so in ep 7 which was a little shorter than all the other eps. Zoe's introduction seemed non-existent and while there were some revealing conversations, I think a little further explanation regarding her would have lent the final 2 eps a little more gravity.

I'm nitpicking though. Such a great show.

Also, it would have been a great callback to season 2, if Ray had left Freddy a huntsman in his house. That still might have been my favourite scene from the entire show.

Was it the very first scene in the very first episode when Ray was outside the club and bestowed that very same shark's grin on some poor campaigner? It didn't end well for the poor campaigner from memory.

Last edited:
Was it the very first scene in the very first episode when Ray was outside the club and bestowed that very same shark's grin on some poor campaigner? It didn't end well for the poor campaigner from memory.
Opening scene was at the top of that staircase

Fullscreen capture 15072021 84420 PM.bmp.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant series. Great acting. The finale was sad - brutal - engrossing and many other emotions. The way the series signed off was very similar to probably The Greatest series ever made. Well done Scott Ryan and Nash Edgerton.

BTW I loved the many AFL snippets in the series even though Ray lived in Sydney- showing his Victorian roots there.

Also a little throw back to Scott Ryans cab driving days, before he made it as an actor.

As good as it was felt a little rushed. Unless i missed something he only had a minor beef with the Gangster dude about how he panicked. Then in the next episode he apparently had a contract out on Ray.

Also the second last scence he had hair and a full beard, and was making a cuppa and then it went to the taxi cab scene I assume the later was a flash back..

I may have to watch it again over the weekend.

Also a little throw back to Scott Ryans cab driving days, before he made it as an actor.

As good as it was felt a little rushed. Unless i missed something he only had a minor beef with the Gangster dude about how he panicked. Then in the next episode he apparently had a contract out on Ray.

Also the second last scence he had hair and a full beard, and was making a cuppa and then it went to the taxi cab scene I assume the later was a flash back..

I may have to watch it again over the weekend.

there was a couple of time shifts in the last ep. one, where he sells up and moves to the van…the second, months later, where he is a taxi driver with longer hair…

also, he called the Jeremy Sims character a ******* idiot the ep before. There was tension a small minded crim wouldn’t let go of…and “loose ends” to tie up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back