FTA-TV Mr Inbetween

Glebehawk

All Australian
Aug 24, 2006
london
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So this is an upcoming Aussie drama which got produced by FX in the US. They’re releasing it end of Sept.

It’s Based on the Aussie cult movie, The Magician, basically about a hit man/ family man trying to get by.

Directed by Nash Edgerton, with Scott Ryan, Brooke Satchwell (from neighbours) and Damon Herriman ( one of the most underrated Aus actors going around).

FX were talking it up at this weeks TCA’s, as a dark drama with great Aussie humour. One to watch out for.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Good viewing!

Watched it by chance two nights ago. Didn't know what It was until it ended and remembered seeing a thread title here about it. Anyway, I *en loved it and will be tuning in.

Don't mind a bit of Aussie drama.

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou
Was really hyped to see this, as the previews were good.

It was ok, but the episodes seemed way to short, over just when it really began.

But my biggest slight, was storyline development (hope it is only due to first couple of episodes), but in his hitman role, it just shows him doing his thing, no lead up to it, and then no real end either. I sort of hope the story lines improve in this aspect.

Hes a great character though, and its worth seeing if the story develops from here.

Glebehawk

All Australian
Aug 24, 2006
london
AFL Club
Hawthorn

It was ok, but the episodes seemed way to short, over just when it really began.

But my biggest slight, was storyline development (hope it is only due to first couple of episodes), but in his hitman role, it just shows him doing his thing, no lead up to it, and then no real end either. I sort of hope the story lines improve in this aspect.

Hes a great character though, and its worth seeing if the story develops from here.
It’s down for a second season.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
So this is an upcoming Aussie drama which got produced by FX in the US. They’re releasing it end of Sept.

It’s Based on the Aussie cult movie, The Magician, basically about a hit man/ family man trying to get by.

Directed by Nash Edgerton, with Scott Ryan, Brooke Satchwell (from neighbours) and Damon Herriman ( one of the most underrated Aus actors going around).

FX were talking it up at this weeks TCA’s, as a dark drama with great Aussie humour. One to watch out for.
It was a classic , a great show, could go again if they wanted to. But I think its a one off, very very good, I bet a lot of people missed it. 6 HALF HOUR EPISODES.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball

That is the story line exactly what you saw, it is a reality in itself, its people and other people and that's how life like that goes, no bullshit American heroes, they are just people, some of them crooked people.
You wouldn't know one if you met them in the street.
They just like anyone else. Then sometimes?

WireHawk

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
The Black Lodge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I liked it very much. Great lead character and good supporting cast. I agree that a show like this needs to be a bit longer.
45 minutes per episode would be preferable. Brooke Satchwell is still lovely!

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
season 2 starts September 13

I've hardly seen season 1 so will watch it somehow. Great show.

Cattery

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Best show currently screening by a street.

Realise the episodes are short and kinda over way too quickly, but having just watched episode four season two I wondered how it could be improved by adding another twenty two minutes, everything needed was right there, pared to the bone, no padding, just exceptional story telling of the highest quality.

Roll on season three and beyond. Fingers crossed.

Back