Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 13, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
tumblr_n4f9wxKYqi1rdutw3o1_400.gif

May 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't mean to steal his I.P but Ford Fairlane's post summed up perfectly how the club and players needed to treat the game:

I don't want another dishonourable loss to Sydney. I don't want a brave defeat in a shootout like Collingwood and the Bulldogs last night. I want a win. If I can't have a win I at the very least want a ******* war. I want to see us go as hard and as fearlessly even arrogantly on terms of believing we belong in the same rarefied air as Sydney for 4 quarters.

I don't want to read KT telling me I will be walking taller after what I see on field. The time for cheap talk is over. From players and coaches and administrators. It's time to produce.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-1-sydney-v-port.1160639/page-3#post-49275709

That's the standard boys.

THAT'S THE STANDARD BOYS, WE EXPECT.

THAT'S THE STANDARD BOYS, WE EXPECT, ALL SEASON!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PAFC04

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Anything in Black'n'White
Ryder is the difference......

Ollie, what can I say, holding Kennedy at bay and pushing himself to the limit.

Dixon showed what he can do, not only up forward taking marks.

Polek showed his class, along with Hombsch, Hartlett, Wingard & Atley.

Then there is this bloke they call SPP, who is he?...... he's the Bull,

An outstanding 4qtr performance all round.

Well done to the coaching staff, Lade, Vossy, Basset and of course Ken.... left no stone uncovered in that game.

Still, we can improve.... thats what I like to see in the first round.

Bring on Freo!

carnthemaggies

Team Captain
Jun 25, 2015
Semaphore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Awesome job boys. Very proud - played at a high standard and went in hard all game. The self belief from that win will hopefully set up the season - what a start! Really impressed by the long range kicking for goal, including of course SPP!!!

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wines best game of his career maybe.

But really it was like a trip back to 2014. Vintage Boak, vintage Ebert, vintage Wingard, vintage Polec, vintage Jonas... overall just feels like a really long time since we've seen a 4 quarter effort.

Yeah skills were bad, but just winning by pure work is a great sign and hopefully the skills will go up in better conditions and as we progress.

Ryder and Trengove need to aim to be the best ruck combination in the league. Loved the ruckwork from both. Both completely different style of rucks too and more importantly, both contributed in the forward line. I also liked Dixon in the rucks.

SPP rising star nomination. DBJ, Houston and Broadbent worked well together to get the ball out of the backlines.

Heck I thought Hartlett was solid without being amazing. Apart from that handball fumble, he looked like a Luke Hodge type general back there just directing traffic and picking the generally the correct choices.

I'm treating Robbie Gray like an injury right now. We can go another level when he starts to return to that beast he is.

My only concern is Westhoff's sudden big drop off. Doesn't look like an AFL player atm, shouldn't be used on the wing.

Top 5 for the game:
1. Wines
2. Ryder
3. Boak
4. Polec
5. Young

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Even with Robbie barely sighted, the injection of Ryder and SPP allowed us to beast Sydney at the stoppages all day. Absolutely phenomenal effort at the stoppages. Wines and Ebert also glorious.

Jonas was probably on the fringe but it was the perfect conditions for him and along with Hombsch they won contest after contest and got the ball away cleanly.

I've been talking about ball movement and we managed to find a target out of defence more times today in the wet than just about any game last year. I look forward to seeing how this progresses. The ability to rebound compared to the game at the SCG last year is an unfathomable improvement.

Full credit to Hinkley and the other coaches. We were motivated, we went at them physically and we had a plan and executed it. A+ to them for getting the best out of our side today.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back