FTA-TV Mr Mercedes

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Based on a story by Stephen King, Brendan Gleeson plays a retired detective who is haunted by his frustration in trying to catch a psychopath who drove a stolen Mercedes into a crowd of people.

I've just finished season 1 and it was very enjoyable to watch. Gleeson does a great job as does Harry Treadaway as Mr Mercedes, but there are plenty of other fun and interesting characters.

It's got a terrific soundtrack such as The Pixies, Kinks, Leonard Cohen, T Bone Burnett.

The reviews indicate season 2 goes downhill big time but I haven't watched any of it. Season 1 is fairly self contained.

Season 1 was great. Season 2 takes a different turn, not my cup of tea. Still able to get through it though.

I had to see for myself. Got one and a half episodes into season 2 and I'm done with it.

I could handle the unlikely scenarios i) keeping this piece of s**t alive over many months when he's brain dead and ii) stoopid doctor and his masturbating missus secretly giving him trial drugs to stimulate his brain. But mind controlling the nurse from his coma? Yeah nah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back