MRP / Trib. MRP 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus I didn't see that at the game, that looks bad on video. Should there be a loading for risking father-son potential?

**** the Mrp hate us. Two weeks for McCarthy.
tbh I think careless contact with high impact was the right way to grade that given how the MRP works. All the MRP could do thanks to how the work, was to give Cam 2 weeks

Last edited:
Admit I didn't see anything wrong with the tackle, that sort of thing seems to happen all the time. Is it just based on the fact that Gilbert was injured? If he had an arm free to break his fall I doubt it would have even been looked at. Am I being one eyed?

Wasn't a free kick or relay free yet Carlisle who did a dog act and pushed Ballantyne when he could have been injured on the ground which then basically started the melee gets fined? If you are an interstate team or low profile player you always get shafted by the MPR or AFL, time and time again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He tackled a guy to the ground. Wasn't even a free kick. Ends up as the same penalty as the tribunal originally decided that Bachar should get.
Lance Franklin meanwhile was cleared of an incident involving a tackle. Didn't see what he did though. How similar was it to McCarthy's?

Admit I didn't see anything wrong with the tackle, that sort of thing seems to happen all the time. Is it just based on the fact that Gilbert was injured? If he had an arm free to break his fall I doubt it would have even been looked at. Am I being one eyed?
Gilbert did have his arm free. He was too busy watching his throw/handball.

What a joke. I hope the club appeals this one. They've banned him purely on outcome and not the action. He wasn't lifted off the ground, his arms weren't pinned. It was a standard, every day tackle, it just unfortunately ended up with the player being stretchered off.

Depends on medical reports, and seeing as how one of our players was allegedly eye gouged, i can't see st kilda playing nice on this one

Oh how I've missed the chook lotto. Anyone have footage? Can't find on the AFL website.

McCarthy needs to build some confidence in Peel, not sitting in the magoos for the next 2 weeks.

I knew Cam would get a week as soon as the stretcher came out. 2 is very stiff.

No word from the Jack Stevens report. Edit : $1500 fine

What a joke. I hope the club appeals this one. They've banned him purely on outcome and not the action. He wasn't lifted off the ground, his arms weren't pinned. It was a standard, every day tackle, it just unfortunately ended up with the player being stretchered off.
upload_2017-7-3_15-22-54.jpeg

Did Gilbert have the ball when he was tackled or had he already disposed of it?

Would this even be looked at if Gilbert had the ball when he was tackled?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back