MRP / Trib. MRP 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda player Webster was banned for two weeks for eye gouging Suban....

Boy, Suban really cops some nasty s**t.

How goes eye gouging someone get the same 2 weeks as McCarthy doing a bad tackle on a player. One is downright dirty the other is just careless.

Does this mean that kersten gets an immediate call up? By all accounts kicked two goals but not much else

How goes eye gouging someone get the same 2 weeks as McCarthy doing a bad tackle on a player. One is downright dirty the other is just careless.
not much different to Fyfe getting 2 weeks for an accidental head clash when going for the ball a couple of years back. We always get smashed by the MRP and we rarely appeal, and when we do, we use Lionel Hutz. Hope Cam uses the time off to improve his fitness and his practice marking and goal kicking

I looked at that video and McCarthy did appear to slam dunk him in that tackle. I thought it was just a very aggressive tackle, definitely not worth a suspension, just unfortunate Gilbert landed awkwardly.

The suspension of McCarthy is a complete joke. An unlucky football incident. What reasonable alternative did Cam have? Not tackle!?! Yet Jones can run through someone collect them high and it's OK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sick of trying to make sense of it. The AFL couldn't write and enforce a clear and just set of rules if their lives depended on it and I'm convinced the MRP is actually a room full of monkeys.

Sorry Jimmy Bartel as a player you are great but as a member represented MRP you do look like monkey .

McCarthy was always going to get done. For the clowns in the MRP, the outcome of tackling incidents is always the primary factor. In this case it was heavy concussion and a stretcher. Deliberate and forceful sling tackles won't get punished if there is no injury inflicted.

His opponent pushed him in the back that threw him off. the umpire didn't see it
If a nudge like that puts you off, you'll never make it as an AFL player.
Also, if the umpires paid those we'd have 150 free kicks every game.

Challenge it. People are always saying the club are too scared to challenge bullshit calls at the tribunal and this is one of those incidents.

Pretty sure it will end up as 3 weeks if we do. But if you want to make a stand on principle I guess this is the time to do it. It's not like it will make much difference whether he misses 1 week or 3 given his form in the last month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back