MRP / Trib. MRP 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo have forwarded a letter from Lockhart hoping to use it as evidence.

Arguing the intentional ruling and claiming negligible force - hopefully Lockhart’s letter goes well to prove this.

AFL counsel are trying to say the umpires evidence trumps that of Lockhart’s? How does that even begin to make sense?
Lols

Lockhart: "When there was a free kick, i was like, s**t, what I have done. Pretty stoked to get the free"
Umpire: "It was a vicious attack your honour, he lined him up with intent to kill and hit with the force of cyclone"

Tribunal: "10 WEEKS, WHAT A THUG"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles put in a good argument I thought.
“McGovern’s action is ok, it’s the chair and fence’s fault for being there.”

Heard that too.
Their argument was if he pushed Guelfi anywhere else on the ground and it wouldn’t have been an issue - No s**t ya doorknobs!!!
That’s the reason he got reported as he pushed him over the line into the fence and/or chair.
Last time I looked at the oval I didn’t see any fences or chairs congregated in the middle for a player to be pushed into ..... FFS.

Not sure how West Coast didn't get McGovern's lifted.

Seeing the umpire's testimony, we may be cooked too.

Ridiculous suspensions.

Well since the medical report often trumps all in AFL land then Walters should be safe

Medical report is only relevant if they're taking consequence in to consideration, which they don't ... oh wait, yes they do, they always do ... except sometimes they don't, its the intent, but only when intent can't be determined which is what the guidelines state, that it's about the outcome and the intent of the action and sufficient force to warrant outcomes of intent that is what the intent is. So the outcome doesn't matter in this instance if Michael Christian doesn't want it to, except when he does.

It's quite clear really, I don't see where the issue is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back