MRP / Trib. MRP 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

There must have been something in the medical report, otherwise I can't see that as medium impact. I hear it was low impact if the player does not leave the field

MRP are a farce. Worse stuff this season has copped a fine or less weeks.

Open hand that slipped up, not a punching motion and no damage done, player didn't even leave the field.

Last edited:
Or Cunnington which was graded as low impact.

Depending on the medical report I’d challenge to downgrade the medium to low and get suspension reduced to 1-week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You’d hope so if Dustin Martin can elbow a guy in the head way off the ball and get it downgraded to low impact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't Christian say you have to have broken ribs for an abdominal strike to be rated as high impact? Not exactly The Good Doctor is he.

In isolation I don't have a problem with it being worth one week - hitting bloke in the head off the ball isn't something to treat lightly. The problem in that Cunnington, Grimes, Martin and Liam Ryan have already been given a walk for various strikes so far this season.

Rating the force of the strike seems arbitrary and can easily be manipulated to deliver the preordained result. Let's be honest if you look at our history (Dale Kickett 9 weeks, Michael Johnston 4 weeks for head high contact that wouldn't have cracked a raw egg) it was never in doubt that Duman was going to become the scapegoat for the AFL to show it won't tolerate off the ball incidents (by blokes in purple and white).

I don't even get angry about it any more, I just accept that we have to be that much better than other clubs to succeed.

I almost thought Christian got off to a good start in his gig. Then as time went on, he became lost in his own lies

Just scum now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We always cop it at the tribunal, no real surprise Duman has been given an extra week on other similar incidents. Dusty's incident seems way worse.

2 weeks? WTF???

Should’ve just swung as hard as he could with a clenched fist into his guts instead.

This is diabolical.

I could accept it if I felt the AFL was consistent.

Makes no mistake, change Duman to a name like Buddy, Dangerfield and this gets a fine.

Medium impact?? My golly. Can Whitfield get sited for medium impact to the body? Seemed like back and forth and with no offence to Duman but he ain’t ever dishing out medium impact with his arms.

We always get extra piled on for being Freo. It’s just how it goes and the club seems to accept that. If we challenge they come after us even harder. Never been different.

Just once I hope our club will stand up for their player. They just let Nyhuis cop it last year and never seem to challenge.

Classifying this as medium impact is ludicrous. I think someone got knocked out in an earlier round and Christian said it was medium impact.

Dangerfield does this (like he already has) and there is no suspension.

It was pretty ordinary from Duman but no way near worth 2 weeks. Definite low impact and accidental. Looked like his hand slid off Whitfield's jumper. Can't remember a time that the MRP ever showed any consistency.

He's not someone I would regard as an 'important player' but this shou;d be contsted by Fremantle. He didn't even go off the ground. In other cases, this has been a fine. Duman retaliated, as did Ryan when he jumper punched in round 1. If we don't contest it the tribunal are not held accountable.

With Dardy coming back,and possibly Blakely, they have nothing to lose?

We always get extra piled on for being Freo. It’s just how it goes and the club seems to accept that. If we challenge they come after us even harder. Never been different.

True, but 3 weeks for that would seem ridiculous and show just how soft they were with Gaff

Christian literally said weeks ago that someone would have to go off the ground and for a considerable time for something to be graded medium impact (post Wilson incident). quite literally 4 weeks later the duman incident happens. It’s simply maddeningly inconsistent and based on the table they go by it shouldn’t have been 2 weeks. You can’t tell me that’s medium impact.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-25/kanga-free-to-play-after-gut-punch-seven-more-fined-

"He would certainly need to go off the ground (for it to be graded medium impact) … and for a considerable time," Christian told AFL.com.au's The Verdict.
"In terms of our four grades – low, medium, high and severe – medium would be off the ground for a significant amount of time, perhaps even a concussion test.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back