ilikepotatoes

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pistons, Glory
Nope and the tribunal seems to agree - you can go ahead and appeal for him to get two weeks.
Just to be clear - I would've thought a fine would have been appropriate. But there is no way on earth that is insufficient force - same with Ablett.

There was less force in Dumans strike on Whitfield.

Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers
Just to be clear - I would've thought a fine would gave been appropriate. But there is no way on earth that is insufficient force - same with Ablett.

There was less force in Dumans strike on Whitfield.
Why aren’t you arguing with the others who agree with me? He didn’t touch his head at all and it was in the game - was nothing malicious about it. Those saying he would get weeks must want AFL to be a zero contact sport. How can you give weeks to a player for something like that, compared to Liam Ryan’s punch in round 1?!?

Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers
They seemed to be hoping Fyfe would get time. Can't follow some of our supposed supporters.
Think they might be thinking without Fyfe there would be more chance of a loss and further ammo to lay the boots into Lyon.
I think you’re into something - I didn’t spend much time on here last season, and now I’m remembering why ..

Becky2Belts

Senior List
May 9, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pretty lucky I think but a good result. I still don't know how Ablett can jump and get off the same incident as Fyfe.

ilikepotatoes

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pistons, Glory
Why aren’t you arguing with the others who agree with me? He didn’t touch his head at all and it was in the game - was nothing malicious about it. Those saying he would get weeks must want AFL to be a zero contact sport. How can you give weeks to a player for something like that, compared to Liam Ryan’s punch in round 1?!?
Because you quoted me and I'm responding. Only 1 person has agreed with you so far. I didn't say he would get weeks either - maybe you should read my posts. The issue I have is that sort of impact being graded as insufficient is very worrying - its almost encouragement to keep doing it. He also clearly got him in the head.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
He likes walking the tightrope does Fyfe.

Every season he seems to either be charged or close too it.

He escaped a similar hit a few weeks ago on Ed Richards for the bulldogs.

We obivously don't want him to change the way he plays but there is a clumsiness to a lot of his defensive actions

maka

All Australian
Jan 15, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
two straight weeks Fyfe should have been binned, he needs to curb his aggression a little, walking a tightrope a little too much this season

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
No idea how McGovern got a fine tbh. Off the ball sure but a complete nothing incident.

Thought Fyfe and Ablett would be fined.

Maybe that was just me thinking negativity. No way either was getting suspended after last week.

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
With the AFL signing off on Rampe climbing the goal post, and the MRP giving the green light to elbows, I think something like this is the next evolution in our game.

1557739462177.png

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nope and the tribunal seems to agree - you can go ahead and appeal for him to get two weeks.

I sit in row 20 on that wing, and it was the loudest collision I heard all game. Fyfe stopped playing and went to see how Lynch was because he thought he had ironed him out. Lucky that somehow it connected in the right spot to avoid injury.

Good thing for us that little Gazza has set the bar for what the superstars are allowed to get away with.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I sit on the second level on the wing Fyfe hit Lynch and it looked like a big collision where I was but I missed Fyfe’s raised elbow. When I saw the replay after the game in slow motion, I thought it was 2 weeks so really surprised be got off TBH. Probably deserves a week or fine for the action but I’m not complaining. Weird he got off for this but got weeks when he hit Greenwood.

The inconsistencies of the MRO are a joke.

Back