MRP / Trib. MRP 2019

Sep 2, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NUFC , Pistons , Lions
Glad he's getting off as im going to the game this week !

TBH I thought the contact started on the Bicep / shoulder which defused most of the force. Fyfe definitely needs to be careful tho! Could've been far worse

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
I reckon Fyfe's raising his arm so that Lynch's skull doesn't crash into his skull. You see he has his hand out first towards the ball and is about to push through the contest then changes his action.

There was no force in behind it and the result was that impact was in the neck area, Lynch was falling anyway and he got straight back up an ran off.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
When two players from the same team get sanctioned for the same arm pin slam tackle in the same game I suspect this is something practiced at training

exactly like their tactic of dropping the knees and lifting the arm for free kicks. They denied it for years until the weight of evidence had them admit it was trained and coached into the team.

Some stoopid weags fanboi on Twitter was just laughing that Michael Walters "got done" for headbutting. There's been no news yet, has there?

On the scrolling bit on the bottom of the screen on Game Day this morning it said he had been reported but nothing about a sanction.

caramello

Senior List
Oct 16, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle

Back