MRP / Trib. MRP 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbh McGovern probably should of got off, was just unfortunate guelfi got injured .
Like someone said tho would of been nice for the derby this week
Obviously with no fence no injury there but playing ammos I HATED when tossers nudged you in the back past the boundary so you tumble over. It's a small thing but it's weak as and it's definitely deliberate, it happens a lot and McGovern is unlucky that someone got hurt but good to see someone being made an example of for it imo.

The right decision was made, but the dickheads went about it the wrong way.

He should have gotten off for low/minimal impact, instead, they ruled "not intentional".....wtf???
Yeah that was my thinking.. even if you think it was intentional (which I kinda do) he , at the same time ,deliberately ensured it was very minimal impact,to the point of negligible, more just bit of a bravado action.

How anyone could claim that contact as even low impact is beyond me.

Otherwise pretty much every jumper punch ever would have to be cited and suspended.

But as with most things it’s a manipulated AFL outcome , simpler to say it wasn’t intentional rather than impact not sufficient, otherwise they d probably find another whole range of future infringements being argued against on “impact”

He should have gotten off for low/minimal impact, instead, they ruled "not intentional".....wtf???
Low impact still get him the week, he was charge with intentional and low impact, they argue it was either unintentional and/or non-forcible contact, either downgrade would have gotten the 1 week suspension cancel. Walters should have gotten off with both downgrade, it was unintentional as he grab him toward him to chest him and non-forcible as it did no damage.

Obviously with no fence no injury there but playing ammos I HATED when tossers nudged you in the back past the boundary so you tumble over. It's a small thing but it's weak as and it's definitely deliberate, it happens a lot and McGovern is unlucky that someone got hurt but good to see someone being made an example of for it imo.
Yeah look not arguing it wasn’t intentional, govs one of those shifty footballers who try’s (pretty much successful too-watch how he never gets called for 50m for holding up players on the mark)every trick in the book.

Doubt he intended to injure Guelfi tho.
That said I sure couldn’t give a **** that he did get suspended for it

-Know what you mean about when it happens on the footy field , it’s definitely a cheap shot.
One of those things that players can still, kinda get away with but you know exactly that they meant it.

They didn't want to completely let Walters off. If they had have reduced the impact from Low to negligible then Walters gets away with a headbutt/head contact with no sanction, but by reducing it from Intentional to Careless, Walters gets a fine instead of 1 week.
(EDIT: I wrongly assumed that the charge was downgraded from Intentional to Careless, when in fact the charge was dismissed completely, so no fine either ... Thanks Randomizor).

But yes, I totally agree, it was intentional and negligible impact ... that just didn't provide the outcome they wanted.

Last edited:
They didn't want to completely let Walters off. If they had have reduced the impact from Low to negligible then Walters gets away with a headbutt/head contact with no sanction, but by reducing it from Intentional to Careless, Walters gets a fine instead of 1 week.

But yes, I totally agree, it was intentional and negligible impact ... that just didn't provide the outcome they wanted.
Did he get a fine? All reports said he was found “not guilty” whatever that means

Flogs on the carlton board a salty.
They were so happy when they though Walters was 100% going to be suspended no chance to play.
They were pretty chuffed that Hogan and Hill wouldn't be playing too but if it means a win, they'll take it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll be dangerous. Still in the new coach glow. Need to tag Cripps.

I agree they will be hard to beat and it’s definitely a danger game. My only surprise was the confidence from the supporters seeing as their team has been ****ed for years on end. Imagine what they’d be like if they were actually half decent!

Did he get a fine? All reports said he was found “not guilty” whatever that means

Yeah, Sorry. I just assumed that if it wasn't Intentional, then it was Careless. But you are right. He was cleared of all charges so no fine.
That makes it even more confusing by the Tribunal. Headbutting is a reportable offence together with head contact. There was head contact ... but hey, I'm not complaining. It works for me.

I agree they will be hard to beat and it’s definitely a danger game. My only surprise was the confidence from the supporters seeing as their team has been ****** for years on end. Imagine what they’d be like if they were actually half decent!
There is some incredible disconnect with reality with that mob.

The way they rate their players you would think that they are an undefeated dynasty type team going for their 4th flag in a row.

The DTA board is hilarious

I agree they will be hard to beat and it’s definitely a danger game. My only surprise was the confidence from the supporters seeing as their team has been ****** for years on end. Imagine what they’d be like if they were actually half decent!
There is some incredible disconnect with reality with that mob.

The way they rate their players you would think that they are an undefeated dynasty type team going for their 4th flag in a row.

The DTA board is hilarious
Oh 100%
Most these days are probably too young to remember when Carlton were any good .
Most arrogant fans/club in the land bar none
It’s why they’re still and always be my most hated club in it and I’ll never get any of the calls for sympathy for their fans “cause they’ve had it tough”

Case in point , if they’re like this now after the majority of 20 years of utter tripe imagine what they’d be like with just a modicum of success.

Can rot at the bottom of the ladder for another 20 years for all I care

Guelfi was still in the field of play when McGovern pushed him though. The fence is just too close there.

(EDIT: I wrongly assumed that the charge was downgraded from Intentional to Careless, when in fact the charge was dismissed completely, so no fine either ... Thanks Randomizor).

Interestingly the Freo website says

Fremantle successfully argued that the incident was negligible impact instead of low impact, resulting in Walters being cleared of any sanction

Glad they arrived at the right outcome tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guelfi was still in the field of play when McGovern pushed him though. The fence is just too close there.

This is demonstrably false. Guelfi was half way between the fence and the boundary line when McGovern finished his shove (ie hands were no longer touching) McGovern very lucky not to get two or three weeks.

we must be looking at different video footage. He rightly copped his wack for being careless and should have shown more care for the Guelfi to ensure he did not help him go anywhere near boundary. It could have been a lot worse if there was no chair and he went head on straight into the fence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back