MRP is a flip flopping circus

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL went for 8-12 weeks - I think panel went for only 8 due Gaff's excellent prior record.

I stand by that he should have received at least 10 weeks due the outcome to the other person.

Gaff is not the victim in all this - Andy Brayshaw is and he needs to be looked after and will probably have to deal with the injury he sustained for the rest of his life.

I was thinking a bit longer, but given he’s missing finals games it’s probably equivalent to a bit longer, so probably about right

I am fine with that outcome.

Changes I would like to see the AFL implement include;
  • mandatory 1 week suspension for any deliberate punch including jumper punches*
  • any deliberate, out of play strikes to the head which result in significant injury to result in player de-registration, with the player being eligible to re-enter the AFL via the draft.
The 1 week suspension is designed to get rid of the stupid niggling that has become common in the game.

The de-registration is designed to address what is in reality not an AFL rules issue, but more something that crosses into the area of assault under common law.

* would consider "sin bin" but not red card. My main issue being the AFL seems to have a significant issue with umpire bias in games.

As far as I am aware all aspects of footy in WA has a red card system....it just really needs to be policed really well. In all those cases it is the umpires responsibility to issue them. I'm not opposed to it but I don't think it should be judged by an umpire(s) alone.

EDIT: Ooops wrong thread soz.

Judge, jury and executioner role being played by Christian has proved to be worse than the badly flawed system he replaced. Unfortunately Gillon seems to be too busy playing around with his ever expanding goal square to notice what a monumental stuff up this has developed into.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So two weeks for Tex. Worked out the MRP table for dangerous tackles
Nobody on Star - 3 weeks
Star on Star -2 weeks
Nobody on Nobody 1 week
Star on Nobody - 0 weeks.

Ha ha, laid out what many are thinking I'm sure.

You could add a few clauses to it too such as:

- 'Big Vic club' discount clause.
- Week before GF discount clause.

Honestly, it just looked like a tackle to me. The GWS player had an arm free, just like Robbie Gray did to break his fall. It's a huge grey area in the MRP system. Purely outcome based

Nar Tex through him like a rag doll. Way worse than Nyhuis.

I had a good old laugh at Christians recent comment that they couldn't ban everyone who punches because it would cause carnage. Well guess what Michael, you would only have to announce that anyone who punches will get a minimum of 1 week regardless of impact or any other BS you dress these things up with and have the balls to follow through regardless of who threw the punch and it would disappear from the game overnight.
The punch that Hooker threw was disgusting to say the least. The guy he hit was on his hands and knees on the ground while Hooker came in from behind and hit him flush on the jaw. Nothing to worry about folks, all's well because the guy who got smacked in the face didn't end up needing an ambulance to get home from the ground. Christian and Gill the Dill are as dumb as each other unfortunately.

I had a good old laugh at Christians recent comment that they couldn't ban everyone who punches because it would cause carnage. Well guess what Michael, you would only have to announce that anyone who punches will get a minimum of 1 week regardless of impact or any other BS you dress these things up with and have the balls to follow through regardless of who threw the punch and it would disappear from the game overnight.
The punch that Hooker threw was disgusting to say the least. The guy he hit was on his hands and knees on the ground while Hooker came in from behind and hit him flush on the jaw. Nothing to worry about folks, all's well because the guy who got smacked in the face didn't end up needing an ambulance to get home from the ground. Christian and Gill the Dill are as dumb as each other unfortunately.

So what if we ping everyone a week, who throws a punch. After week 1 there are 20 suspensions, next week 5 suspensions, week 3 there is 1 suspension ( one very slow learner !! ). See that week 4 has a clean slate, how hard was that to eradicate punching !!!!.

Oh sorry, in week one, Selwood, Walker, Cochin, Lycett & Banfield are given a week. The outrage, no we can not do this ……….

Don't talk about it, just do it.

Probably didn't affect the decision but that Saints bloke did try to drop the knee's into him

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought this was good. Saw it on Twitter.

image.jpeg

Might be time to dust off this thread tomorrow. How will Johnson fare in this seasons chook sling tackle lotto?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back