Strategy MRP Strategy For 2 Strikes

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Tex is currently sitting 1 infraction away from a minimum 1 week break from the game as he has incurred 2 fineable offences. It is my understanding that once he incurs his 3rd offence he has that week off +. This also has the benefit of putting Tex on 0 after he serves his suspension

Is it time to think outside the square and look to have Taylor play up to miss a game before the Finals? ie let him play on the edge ( I loved it anyway , showed intent and leadership) until he gets suspended .

This has the added benefit of also allowing him to play on the edge through the Finals.

Thoughts? Have I missed something?

My biggest fear is Taylor getting to a semi or a Prelim and getting rubbed out then.

Tex is currently sitting 1 infraction away from a minimum 1 week break from the game as he has incurred 2 fineable offences. It is my understanding that once he incurs his 3rd offence he has that week off +. This also has the benefit of putting Tex on 0 after he serves his suspension

Is it time to think outside the square and look to have Taylor play up to miss a game before the Finals? ie let him play on the edge ( I loved it anyway , showed intent and leadership) until he gets suspended .

This has the added benefit of also allowing him to play on the edge through the Finals.

My biggest fear is Taylor getting to a semi or a Prelim and getting rubbed out then.
Yes, you're missing something.

If he messes up and gets 1, he also gets another 1 added to every other suspension for the next 12 months. Refer to the Toby Greene case from this weekend.

This article: http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-07-17/mrp

Walker has no applicable record which impacts the penalty, enabling him to accept a $1,000 fine with an early plea.

The striking charge is the forward’s first Classifiable Offence this season.

Last week, Walker was fined $1,000 for misconduct after applying a shepherd that resulted in Western Bulldogs defender Jason Johannisen making contact with a goalpost.

Misconduct isn’t considered a ‘Classifiable Offence’ and doesn’t count towards loading.

A one-match suspension results only if a player is found guilty of three (or more) Classifiable Offences in the same season.

The club stated last week that the fine he got when Johanissen fell into the post wasn't a classifiable offence, so he's only had the one so far.
Cheers. Anyway its a good strategy for any other player on 2 :oops:

Yes, you're missing something.

If he messes up and gets 1, he also gets another 1 added to every other suspension for the next 12 months. Refer to the Toby Greene case from this weekend.
Can you explain this a bit better. If he gets a fine and an auto 1 game how is an extra game added?

Can you explain this a bit better. If he gets a fine and an auto 1 game how is an extra game added?
Apologies, I really should have explained things better...

It doesn't reset, just because he's served a week. It only resets at the end of the season.

As things stand right now:
  • If he gets busted 3 times, he gets a week (no fine)
  • If he gets busted 4 times, he gets a week (no fine)
  • If he gets busted 5 times, he gets a week (no fine)
** A 3rd (and subsequent) low level classifiable offence results in a $2500 fine + 1 match. The fine is waived if the player makes an early guilty plea (the player still has to serve the suspension).

If he commits an offence which is judged worthy of a 1 week suspension, then his previous record would mean that a 2nd week would be tacked on as well. This is what's happening to Toby Greene right now.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-21/players-walking-mrp-tightrope-in-run-to-finals

YOUR CLUB'S PLAYERS WITH BAD RECORDS
ADELAIDE

Fines

Charlie Cameron (two strikes)
Mitch McGovern
Taylor Walker

Suspensions

Nil

GEELONG
Fines

Mitch Duncan
Joel Selwood

Suspensions

James Parsons (two matches)
Nakia Cockatoo (two matches)
Tom Hawkins (two matches)

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
Fines

Toby Greene
Jeremy Cameron
Shane Mumford
Phil Davis

Suspensions

Toby Greene (two matches)
Jeremy Cameron (two matches)

PORT ADELAIDE
Fines

Hamish Hartlett (two strikes)
Paddy Ryder
Jackson Trengove

Suspensions

Tom Jonas (six matches)

RICHMOND
Fines

Trent Cotchin (two strikes)
Dustin Martin (two strikes)

Suspensions

Bachar Houli (four matches)
Alex Rance (two matches)

SYDNEY
Fines

Zak Jones (two strikes)
Kurt Tippett
Heath Grundy
Lance Franklin
Luke Parker

Suspensions

Nil

MELBOURNE
Fines

Bernie Vince

Suspensions

Jordan Lewis (three matches)
Jesse Hogan (two matches)
Tom Bugg (six matches)
Bernie Vince (four matches)

WEST COAST
Fines

Will Schofield
Mark LeCras
Luke Shuey
Drew Petrie

Suspensions

Chris Masten (two matches – expires R20, 2017)
Simon Tunbridge (two matches)

ST KILDA
Fines

Jack Steven (two strikes)
Nick Riewoldt

Suspensions

Jimmy Webster (two matches)
Tim Membrey (two matches)

ESSENDON

Fines

Joe Daniher

Suspensions

Nil

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Fines

Lachie Hunter

Suspensions

Lin Jong (two matches)

Records include all players fined in 2017 for classifiable offences and all players suspended for two matches or more in the past two AFL years.

How can he be guaranteed that what he does won't get him two, three or four weeks? Which could jeopardise the season big time.

Asides from that I think it's pretty shitty sportsmanship to intentionally do something like that, and I wouldn't want the captain of the club I support to do it.

It doesn't reset after 3.

It doesn't reset after 3.

(D) IMPACT OF A BAD RECORD ON CLASSIFIABLE OFFENCES

The base sanction for Classifiable Offences will be subsequently increased where a Player has a bad record. In particular, a Player charged with a Classifiable Offence which attracts a base sanction of two or more matches will receive an additional one-match suspension if he has been suspended for at least two matches in total in the two previous AFL Years.

Example: Player Jones was suspended for one match in Round 5, 2015 and two matches in Round 14, 2016. In Round 3, 2017, he is charged with a Rough Conduct offence which has a base sanction of two matches. By virtue of his bad record, Jones will receive an additional one match suspension on top of the base sanction for the Rough Conduct offence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(D) IMPACT OF A BAD RECORD ON CLASSIFIABLE OFFENCES

The base sanction for Classifiable Offences will be subsequently increased where a Player has a bad record. In particular, a Player charged with a Classifiable Offence which attracts a base sanction of two or more matches will receive an additional one-match suspension if he has been suspended for at least two matches in total in the two previous AFL Years.

Example: Player Jones was suspended for one match in Round 5, 2015 and two matches in Round 14, 2016. In Round 3, 2017, he is charged with a Rough Conduct offence which has a base sanction of two matches. By virtue of his bad record, Jones will receive an additional one match suspension on top of the base sanction for the Rough Conduct offence.

3.3 FIXED FINANCIAL OFFENCES

Fixed Financial Offences are Reportable Offences which attract a fixed financial sanction only.

The increased sanctions for second, third or subsequent Fixed Financial Offences will only apply where a Player has been found guilty of the same Fixed Financial Offence within the previous two AFL years, except for Engaging in a Melee and Wrestling charges, where the record for these offences will be considered jointly.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-21/players-walking-mrp-tightrope-in-run-to-finals

YOUR CLUB'S PLAYERS WITH BAD RECORDS
ADELAIDE

Fines

Charlie Cameron (two strikes)
Mitch McGovern
Taylor Walker

Suspensions

Nil

GEELONG
Fines

Mitch Duncan
Joel Selwood

Suspensions

James Parsons (two matches)
Nakia Cockatoo (two matches)
Tom Hawkins (two matches)

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
Fines

Toby Greene
Jeremy Cameron
Shane Mumford
Phil Davis

Suspensions

Toby Greene (two matches)
Jeremy Cameron (two matches)

PORT ADELAIDE
Fines

Hamish Hartlett (two strikes)
Paddy Ryder
Jackson Trengove

Suspensions

Tom Jonas (six matches)

RICHMOND
Fines

Trent Cotchin (two strikes)
Dustin Martin (two strikes)

Suspensions

Bachar Houli (four matches)
Alex Rance (two matches)

SYDNEY
Fines

Zak Jones (two strikes)
Kurt Tippett
Heath Grundy
Lance Franklin
Luke Parker

Suspensions

Nil

MELBOURNE
Fines

Bernie Vince

Suspensions

Jordan Lewis (three matches)
Jesse Hogan (two matches)
Tom Bugg (six matches)
Bernie Vince (four matches)

WEST COAST
Fines

Will Schofield
Mark LeCras
Luke Shuey
Drew Petrie

Suspensions

Chris Masten (two matches – expires R20, 2017)
Simon Tunbridge (two matches)

ST KILDA
Fines

Jack Steven (two strikes)
Nick Riewoldt

Suspensions

Jimmy Webster (two matches)
Tim Membrey (two matches)

ESSENDON

Fines

Joe Daniher

Suspensions

Nil

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Fines

Lachie Hunter

Suspensions

Lin Jong (two matches)

Records include all players fined in 2017 for classifiable offences and all players suspended for two matches or more in the past two AFL years.
Richmond sitting on a time bomb.

Wish this thread title could be changed as I first through Tex has been charged.

3.3 FIXED FINANCIAL OFFENCES

Fixed Financial Offences are Reportable Offences which attract a fixed financial sanction only.

The increased sanctions for second, third or subsequent Fixed Financial Offences will only apply where a Player has been found guilty of the same Fixed Financial Offence within the previous two AFL years, except for Engaging in a Melee and Wrestling charges, where the record for these offences will be considered jointly.

(E) MULTIPLE LOW-LEVEL CLASSIFIABLE OFFENCES

Where a Player commits multiple Classifiable Offences in a single AFL Season, each of which attracting a base sanction of a fine (as per the table in section 3.1(b)), that base sanction (and sanction following an early guilty plea) for the second, third and subsequent Classifiable Offences will be as follows:

Third and subsequent offences

$2500 + 1 Match Suspension

$0 + 1 Match Suspension (early guilty plea)

As Vader notes above

Last edited:

Pretty silly idea if you think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back