Media Mt Buller Bulletin - Inside edition

Remove this Banner Ad

1554415127535.png

Yakker: First up congrats on 301. Everyone seems so hung up on round numbers these days hey?

cats2rise : 301 comes right after 300!
Yakker: So wise #Fanfare. So I've done a bit of research on your early days in the league and correct me if I'm wrong but you started as a Gumby, came to Mt Buller, went back to the Gumbies for 6 games, disappeared then returned to the Demons. Can you share a bit more context around your early days in the league?

cats2rise: I was on another forum called TakeForum which was probably the best cricket sim going around at the time. I'd been on bigfooty for ages, but never ventured out of the Geelong, AFL or General Discussion/Limbo Club pages and finally found the Sweet FA and decided to join.

Gumbies were my first club due to the AFL affiliation, and I never thought I'd see myself at another club. After a brief stint as an admin, I left the Gumbies to try and resurrect my interest in the league, thinking I would slide into oblivion soon after.... but I found my spiritual home at Mount Buller. It was a small but fun squad back in the day with the likes of Freakie , Deddy, EBIAC and of course okeydoke7. If it wasn't for that core of posters, I wouldn't have stuck around.

My biggest regret was leaving Mt Buller to go back to the Gumbies for a second stint. The grass was not greener on the other side.
Yakker: You started as a CHB then moved up forward for a time. Do you have a preference?

For me It has always been about having fun with the team - I don't care where I play. The sim is skewed towards certain positions for better stats which is always tempting, but as long as I am having fun and we are winning I don't mind.

It's actually a bit awkward the club goalkicking is named after me!
Yakker: Not as awkward as it will be for Tarkyn_24 when he needs to get up on a stool to have you hang it on his neck at the end of this season. Lets talk Demons S11-13. Tumultuous times indeed. Can you share your memories and insights into that time?

cats2rise: Crikey, where to start. We went from having a small core that was very active, to lots of infighting and big name players leaving the club in the lurch. We almost folded a number of times... but that just got me more motivated to keep posting and try to help the club. It was 'backs to the wall' stuff for many seasons. The league had it out for us wanting us to fold.

But we survived, got another core group in soon after... but it didn't last long. The club was on its knees again a few seasons later.
Yakker: Thankfully we are as strong as ever now and that will continue. You seem to have a history of missing out on premiership success up until last year. How sweet was that victory and can you share some of your favourite stats on the game?

cats2rise: Mate. I love the Sweet FA. I love the posters, the banter and especially Mount Buller. I've put in hours upon hours doing media (back in the day), recruiting and more recently the club history. Throughout most of that time, I reckon we were winning maybe 35% of games. I honestly never thought I would win a flag at Mount Buller.

I did fist pump when I read the game that evening. Funny how a simulated comp can make you smile.
Yakker: Yes I know exactly how you feel. We have a great group at the Demons and we seem to get along very well. Who in the playing group stick out and for what reason?

cats2rise: There's a few in the current group that stick out for me. As I've been around for yonks, I tend to have soft spots for some of the 'journeymen' such as:
Headless - He know's he is my favourite poster. He was my favourite when he was inactive, and he was my favourite when he became active again. Now that he is suddenly popular I have jumped off the bandwagon.
cooney - Ultimate team player, and generally loves the club. He is one of a kind.
I'm also a fan of Tarks and sausageroll for similar reasons.
In saying that, there's a lot to like about the younger brigade. If only I could remember their names.

Yakker: *coughyakkercough* And how about in the wider league itself mate?

cats2rise: My favourite all time posters were Freakie , Deddy and Eth
Yakker: In my opinion you are perceived as a player who flies under the radar a fair bit when it comes to media presence. Many in the league wouldn't understand the body of work you did in the media in your early days. Do you have any memorable media pieces from back in the day?

cats2rise: Mount Buller helped to define media pieces, as well as fun and extensive B+F nights. It was always the highlight.

We also helped to define the term 's**t fight' too which was predominantly me and/or beloved VS okeydoke7 .
Yakker: Can you explain the whole "Panda" thing to the league please?

cats2rise: Simples. My username was Panda on TakeForum.
The fact that people still bring it up must mean I do something right.

Yakker: Well mate thanks for your time today and the time you have put into serving this club and on a personal note thanks for all your help and guidance during my time at Mt Buller. Those early morning back and forth's when I was a newb and you were on the train certainly helped me in many ways. Enjoy this weekend and all the well deserved accolades mate.

Last edited:

In other areas ....it's called makeup sex
Shouldn’t you be in the Bombres leadership PM doing a little soul searching mate? I mean, after yesterday’s mouthing off where I warned you multiple times that a fall was imminent you chose to ignore this and thought it better to turn your attention to the tearing down of others? You are in no position to comment in here in any other form than to say well done Yakker and cats2rise

Off you go now.

Shouldn’t you be in the Bombres leadership PM doing a little soul searching mate? I mean, after yesterday’s mouthing off where I warned you multiple times that a fall was imminent you chose to ignore this and thought it better to turn your attention to the tearing down of others? You are in no position to comment in here in any other form than to say well done Yakker and cats2rise

Off you go now.
The Captains don't need me ....how many Captains are needed anyway to find missing /wrong Letters ......whilst you have been agast at my criticism of a players 300th game being missed ...I was simply empathizing for the player, I'm a player's man

I've checked my footing ....all appears ok & can't see an iminent fall in the cards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cats, congratulations mate. Just getting around to this, but well done on everything, and thanks for your contribution to the Demons and the league.

One of my favourite posters ever, and I definitely wouldn't still be in this league without your influence (damn you).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back