Official Team Thread Mt. Buller Demons | S35 Team Thread | Do you want to build a snowman?

Remove this Banner Ad

Iā€™ll keep this short and sweet; this is an unexpected honour and Iā€™m very grateful to be taking the best and fairest accolade from such a dominant season home.

I need to commend every single teammate at Mount Buller, past and present, for making this club what it is. It is by far the greatest club in the SFA, filled with wonderful people that contribute superbly to what is an important escape from the pressures of our everyday lives. manangatang described us as a second family and I canā€™t think of a more apt description; sure thereā€™s sibling squabbles but everyone is here for one another and its become a true community that I know I can rely on. Thank you all for the your individuality, your passion and your humour.

To the other award winners tonight; moginie , cartwright , Wosh , manangatang , sausageroll , sausageroll and sausageroll - congratulations on your well deserved accolades and thank you for your contributions to our wonderful club tapestry.

Edit: Oh and Hate and cartwright (again!)

View attachment 1843963

Before we move onto the final count for tonightā€™s Deestroy Medal, we should take some time to recognise some people.

Firstly, I was very proud to take my place in the Mt. Buller Hall Of Fame during Season 35. This club represents a second family of mine, and Iā€™m so very proud to continue leading it and spending time with you all.

Being elevated to the Hall of Fame is probably my single greatest personal honour in this league, and Iā€™m feeling very fortunate.

But now for another announcement. We have elevated another poster to our clubā€™s Hall of Fame in Season 35.

This is a poster who has played 221 games for Mt. Buller and is already ranked 9th for possessions and 4th in marks in our all-time standings.

Perhaps more importantly, this poster has spent a many number of seasons in our leadership group, and has proven thoughtful, passionate and balanced throughout his time in the leadership position. He works hard to support our club, advocate for us and create resources that allow us to engage and have more fun.

Heā€™s a vibrant and funny match thread poster and fits our posting culture like a hand in glove. Itā€™s honestly a surprise he was ever at the Bombers and the Furies.

Of course weā€™re tonight officially elevating our perennial EKA hopeful, sausageroll to the Mt. Buller Demons Hall of Fame.

He becomes just the 18th player to have this honour across our clubā€™s 35-season history. Itā€™s beyond well-earned.

Congratulations, dear friend!
Highest Congratulations mang and sausageroll šŸ‘šŸ»
What an honour to be in a team with such legends, Iā€™ve been here 17 seasons but feel like an amateur again being at Mt Buller with so many experienced qooty people who have been here since Mobbs was a boy and know this place inside out.

Having been at a few clubs myself now Iā€˜ve enjoyed the variety and the challenge, but this really does feel like my BF home, because of all the things you said above mang.

Well done to all the winners tonight and tho S35 was a write-off onfield is it was a delight off field.
Thanks mang šŸ«¶

Last edited:
Gonna have to write this one off the cuff because I have a problem accessing my notes.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.

Tonight, I write to you tonight from a very unfortunate position. Iā€™m presently stuck between two Whereā€™s The Gold? poker machines at the Brunswick Junction Oval. It was in this position that I felt that Iā€™d be impossible to find in a game of hide and seek after the Round 2 game.

I have since learned that the Round 2 game against the Roys was actually a home game for Mt. Buller, and that nobody in fact was even at the Brunswick Junction Oval pokies on the evening I decided to hide.

Because of my advanced age and lack of movement, Iā€™ve been able to maintain sufficient caloric load to stay alive, by eating crumbs and dust. I did try to get someone to notice me and save me in subsequent rounds of Roys home games, but theyā€™re all deaf.

Anyway, Iā€™m still able to type and post this, because my Nokia 3210 has still not run out of battery.

I felt like I should give my award tonight to someone who I feel would be best positioned to find me and save me from this godforsaken place.

I gave this award to the same person a few seasons back, when I was in a less precarious position, but since then Iā€™ve noticed this bloke rock up and kick arse pretty much every week, without much recognition from any of you other bozos.

Heā€™s someone that continually contributes to the fabric of the Mt. Buller Demons ā€“ the club that Iā€™m so proud of coaching.

moginie ā€“ it is you who I speak of.

Now, please, COME AND GET ME OUT OF HERE FOR *ā€™S SAKE.
I'd say moginie underrated if I didn't rate him so highly :thumbsu:

Well done my dear friends, it's a privilege being part of this glorious qooty club.

Outstanding work, manangatang. Look forward to the S36 edition :love:

Edit: oops, accidentally tagged Hate, but they always deserve a shout-out too ā¤ļø

Great stuff manangatang and well done to the helping hands of Headless , Hate , sausageroll and Wosh

Congrats to all the winners (way to go BTW Snags, momentous season!! ). To those that didnā€™t win anything, congrats is in order for you also. congrats on being a part of the best team in the SFA, we truly are a destination club.

Now Iā€™m off to slip a greenback into a pokey down Brunswick way and while Iā€™m there Iā€™ll be sinking the slipper into that geriatric old fart that calls himself our coach. Heā€˜ll not want to steal another Qooty bag after Iā€™m done with him.

Goodnight all. šŸ¤—

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iā€™ll keep this short and sweet; this is an unexpected honour and Iā€™m very grateful to be taking the best and fairest accolade from such a dominant season home.

I need to commend every single teammate at Mount Buller, past and present, for making this club what it is. It is by far the greatest club in the SFA, filled with wonderful people that contribute superbly to what is an important escape from the pressures of our everyday lives. manangatang described us as a second family and I canā€™t think of a more apt description; sure thereā€™s sibling squabbles but everyone is here for one another and its become a true community that I know I can rely on. Thank you all for the your individuality, your passion and your humour.

To the other award winners tonight; moginie , cartwright , Wosh , manangatang , sausageroll , sausageroll and sausageroll - congratulations on your well deserved accolades and thank you for your contributions to our wonderful club tapestry.

Congratulations Tarks, well deserved!!

manangatang that was epic!
And just to echo everyone else, this is the best club, win loss or draw..
now to win this weekā€¦

Iā€™m struggling not to throw up while typing this, but congrats tarks well deserved
Tonight we riot and burn this place down.

But firstly, congrats to all the winners! What a club! And thanks to those who put everything together!

Look, this is all really, really nice and all that but can someone please tell me whether Pickitt made admin? Also, a brief role description would also be nice.

Gonna have to write this one off the cuff because I have a problem accessing my notes.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.

Tonight, I write to you tonight from a very unfortunate position. Iā€™m presently stuck between two Whereā€™s The Gold? poker machines at the Brunswick Junction Oval. It was in this position that I felt that Iā€™d be impossible to find in a game of hide and seek after the Round 2 game.

I have since learned that the Round 2 game against the Roys was actually a home game for Mt. Buller, and that nobody in fact was even at the Brunswick Junction Oval pokies on the evening I decided to hide.

Because of my advanced age and lack of movement, Iā€™ve been able to maintain sufficient caloric load to stay alive, by eating crumbs and dust. I did try to get someone to notice me and save me in subsequent rounds of Roys home games, but theyā€™re all deaf.

Anyway, Iā€™m still able to type and post this, because my Nokia 3210 has still not run out of battery.

I felt like I should give my award tonight to someone who I feel would be best positioned to find me and save me from this godforsaken place.

I gave this award to the same person a few seasons back, when I was in a less precarious position, but since then Iā€™ve noticed this bloke rock up and kick arse pretty much every week, without much recognition from any of you other bozos.

Heā€™s someone that continually contributes to the fabric of the Mt. Buller Demons ā€“ the club that Iā€™m so proud of coaching.

moginie ā€“ it is you who I speak of.

Now, please, COME AND GET ME OUT OF HERE FOR *ā€™S SAKE.

Ummm. OK.

The bloke hasnā€™t been the same since Van_Dyke stopped bringing him those special Chinese medicine tablets. Regardless, he makes a great point with respects to moginie ā€“ heā€™s the kind of poster that would have your back every time. Heā€™s exactly the kind of poster that would come and find you if you were stuck between to poker machines.

We love him and weā€™re glad heā€™s getting this recognition. Thanks for being you, moginie !

View attachment 1843959

Congrats moginie šŸ˜
A fantastic team mate and one of the people I really look forward to posting with each week. Always fun, always easy going, always remembering that weā€™re all just playing a game here for fun.

Great call mang.
Ladies, gentlemen and emus.

I'm sincerely and genuinely touched by the honour that's been given to me. And I'm grateful for each and every one of my teammates who make it so easy and welcoming to be part of this team. Special thanks to manangatang. Without his friendship I would never have experienced the highs and lows of a fantasy football game on the text based internet forum BigFooty.

Once again, thank you all.

Thank you for another manangatang epic. And to all those who contributed to the success of the Best & Fairest. Especially Headless, the heart and soul of this club.

• A sign of things to come with Wosh taking out the cats2rise medal. This season, the Fred.
  • An honour to play with the club's Best Defender, winner of the Eth Award in sausageroll, AND BEST POSTER (anything else you want to win snags??) who did a fantastic job of defending FOR our OPPOSITION each week in Season 35...
  • An awesome reward for the efforts of cartwright in their first season in the competition to take home the deaneus! award It would have been a rough one to contend with our team results, but carty did so admirably and I look forward to a long and sustained period as teammates.
  • Happy for moginie to be recognised as the recipient of the Coach's Award. Mogs makes the team tick.

Most importantly, congratulations to my dear friend and pain in the ass Tarkyn_24 who walks away with the big award of the night, the Deestroy Medal. To be this dominant after 550+ games is quite a remarkable effort.

You all make this a wonderful place, one I wish to long continue being a part of. šŸ™

Last edited:
Thank you for another manangatang epic. And to all those who contributed to the success of the Best & Fairest. Especially Headless, the heart and soul of this club.
Agree with this. Brilliant presentation as always. Well done manangatang and anyone else who contributed.

I'm not sure who the others were, but I do know that Headless prevails

• A sign of things to come with Wosh taking out the cats2rise medal. This season, the Fred.
  • An honour to play with the club's Best Defender, winner of the Eth Award in sausageroll, AND BEST POSTER (anything else you want to win snags??) who did a fantastic job of defending FOR our OPPOSITION each week in Season 35...
  • An awesome reward for the efforts of cartwright in their first season in the competition to take home the deaneus! award It would have been a rough one to contend with our team results, but carty did so admirably and I look forward to a long and sustained period as teammates.
  • Happy for moginie to be recognised as the recipient of the Coach's Award. Mogs makes the team tick.

Most importantly, congratulations to my dear friend and pain in the ass Tarkyn_24 who walks away with the big award of the night, the Deestroy Medal. To be this dominant after 550+ games is quite a remarkable effort.

You all make this a wonderful place, one I wish to long continue being a part of. šŸ™
If Headless is the heart and soul of the club, can I be the toe nails and eyebrows?

manangatang - unbelievable production. Well done and thank you! That's a huge amount of effort.

Congratulations to all winners - particularly everybody's favourite duo sausageroll and Tarkyn_24 - but congratulations to all for a very enjoyable season last season despite our on-field challenges.

Best club in the league, no doubt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back