Physics multi / parallel / simulation universe, time travel, holofractals, computer code in string theory,

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 30, 2016
^^ ""Flat World Champions".
AFL Club
Richmond

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis

This scientists claims to have found computer code within the Universe itself.

I'm a big fan of videogames and there is a game coming out later this year that I'm interested in.
It's called No Man's Sky and basically you explore a virtual universe teaming with 18 quintillion possible planets.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Man's_Sky
Technology is developing at an amazing rate, games like this would blow the mind of a kid 20 years ago.

40-50 years from now we will have computer technology capable of creating a videogame and a character/s within that game that could actually develop their own consciousness and believe their virtual world is reality.

Not sure I believe this is all a simulation myself, however it's an interesting topic nonetheless.

This has been mentioned by Theoretical Physacist James Gates Jnr.
He actually says it's not like a computer code,he says it not only is computer code. He says it's a special kind of computer code. Apparently it contain a lot of ones and zeros. The simulation theory should actually be moved onto the science topic thread instead of this one. I'm even believing this is probably the only dimension Bigfooty has it in the CMP thread and we're selling this dimension well short. It's fascinating stuff.

is anyone here well versed in this kind of stuff?

is anyone here well versed in this kind of stuff?
Wouldn't say I'm well versed,but I'm into it,so I guess I'm slightly versed. The trippy part about simulation theory for me appears to be that a lot of the laws of quantum physics that people still don't totally get fit into this model very well.
Hopefully some well versed people post some stuff,it's pretty cool and interesting

Last edited:
With simulation theory growing in popularity especially considering Elon Musks comment and the fact he is spending billions of dollars on further research,I wonder if this has anything to do with the apparent hoax regarding gravitational waves from the LIGO.
After Lawrence Krauss went to Twitter to announce the findings,it now appears the discovery was just management injecting signals into the data to see if the research team could identify them.
So why was the data made public? Certainly questions need to be asked as to whether or not this was some kind of PR exercise. An exercise perhaps to take attention away from Sims theory and back to more traditional scientific ones?
Interesting.

• Banned
With simulation theory growing in popularity especially considering Elon Musks comment and the fact he is spending billions of dollars on further research,I wonder if this has anything to do with the apparent hoax regarding gravitational waves from the LIGO.
After Lawrence Krauss went to Twitter to announce the findings,it now appears the discovery was just management injecting signals into the data to see if the research team could identify them.
So why was the data made public? Certainly questions need to be asked as to whether or not this was some kind of PR exercise. An exercise perhaps to take attention away from Sims theory and back to more traditional scientific ones?
Interesting.

look at: Addendum to “Quantum Gravity and the Holographic Mass” in View of the 2013 Muonic Proton Charge Radius Measurement Nassim Haramein†

• Banned
This is not science, this is conspiracy science. What "theory" do you propose for simulation of the universe? its a hypothesis.

haha. do you know how the theory gravity operates? can you measure if? sounds like a conspiracy ....

do you know wormholes are legit?

did you know newton and albert just made up some new maths (deadset :thumbsu: ) to make the theory work? conspiracy science / conspiracy maths

who is the gate keeper that control what is real science and what is not? no doubt some mod that works at clink that doesnt allow old ladies to use the bathroom and failed yr 10.

not many of you are experts at computer codes in string theory or quantum in general and those that are i doubt use the term conspiracy science much, cause it could backfire and you look like a knob

haha. do you know how the theory gravity operates? can you measure if? sounds like a conspiracy ....

did you know newton and albert just made up some new maths (deadset :thumbsu: ) to make the theory work? conspiracy science / conspiracy maths

who is the gate keeper that control what is real science and what is not? no doubt some mod that works at clink that doesnt allow old ladies to use the bathroom and failed yr 10
We know gravity exists. We do not understand gravity yes. But Do we know multiple/parallel/simulation exists or not? If yes please state your theory with observable and verifiable evidences, thanks.

We know gravity exists. We do not understand gravity yes. But Do we know multiple/parallel/simulation exists or not? If yes please state your theory with observable and verifiable evidences, thanks.

thats a truly remarkable mentality, i envy you somewhat

i was not picking on gravity it was one that came to mind. are we allowed to talk about theoretical particles? black holes? dark matter?

Last edited:
So no observable and verifiable evidences then? you realise that parraell universe is a hypothesis, gravity is not? you should envy me, afterall you argue for a flat earth.

on thursdays i argue at my local KKK branch - but its not really relevant to this thread, is it?

i think you will find there is a lot of evidence. You are making big claims when i get the feeling your knowledge level in regards to OP is low

its a complicated topic, you may not get replies within 7 seconds of every question you ask

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i linked doctor Nassim Haramein work, before you started trolling

what did you think of it ?

im not wearing panties

You mean this guy?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Nassim_Haramein

He is no scientist, he has made several "claims" and unable to back it up. His bio on his website states As early as 9 years old, Nassim was already discovering the universal dynamics of matter and energy. this is the sort of silly statement youd find for a cult leader, not a scientist. Nobody is making meaningful discoveries about dynamics at 9 years of age… they are just precocious and interested. Which is great, when you are 9. But it doesn’t mean anything… unless you have some mystical view of science where some people are ‘special’. The site does. That makes me pretty dubious.

And next is "unifying all physics" theory, sorry, thats bullshit. Science is not going admit unification of all things like that. Like Einstein once said , a theory that explains everything actually explains nothing.

I cannot refute the claims of Nassim Harramein because... his claims are a matter for philosophers of science, not physicists.

Try again.

You mean this guy?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Nassim_Haramein

He is no scientist, he has made several "claims" and unable to back it up. His bio on his website states As early as 9 years old, Nassim was already discovering the universal dynamics of matter and energy. this is the sort of silly statement youd find for a cult leader, not a scientist. Nobody is making meaningful discoveries about dynamics at 9 years of age… they are just precocious and interested. Which is great, when you are 9. But it doesn’t mean anything… unless you have some mystical view of science where some people are ‘special’. The site does. That makes me pretty dubious.

And next is "unifying all physics" theory, sorry, thats bullshit. Science is not going admit unification of all things like that. Like Einstein once said , a theory that explains everything actually explains nothing.

I cannot refute the claims of Nassim Harramein because... his claims are a matter for philosophers of science, not physicists.

Try again.

cult leader like Neil deGrasse Tyson, Einstein, Sagan?

perhaps he is popular because he has potentially unified the field?

Quoting a pseudo scientist in a science forum is what you do, which is why i suggested take your s**t to the conspiracy board. Thanks

is string theory pseudo scientist or real?

i suggest you re-read your degrees and think if you are qualified for making such claims

cult leader like Neil deGrasse Tyson, Einstein, Sagan?

perhaps he is popular because he has potentially unified the field?
He is unable to back his statements up. He is making "claims" which are nothing more than "claims". The fact that you are in a science forum and comparing scientists with cult leaders is actually hilarious. Know who are you quoting before quoting someone. If his claims are true, he should do the math and publish, in a peer-reviewed journal, at least one of the ‘earthshattering discoveries’ he generates.If he’s who he says he is, he should be able to advance physics in a way that makes Einstien look like a schoolkid. And if that is true? But that is not going to happen for reasons we both know.

Dont get into name calling for calling you out on quoting bogus scientists and con artists.
is string theory pseudo scientist or real?

Theres little evidence for us to say its proper science, its speculative science, theres some evidence available but not enough to call it "science.

Anyone with any actual scientific viewpoint about what's going on at LIGO?
I find it concerning and wonder if others consider leaking information from experiments before proper verification is concerning?
Does science need to consider where it stands ethically on social media now that social media plays such a prominent role in modern society?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back