Remove this Banner Ad

Vaccination

Senior List
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
San Jose Sharks
Both are classy midfielders with above 300 games.

Pendlebury has been one of the most elegant player in the comp for the past decade (Ablett is the only one that was probably better than him) and is deservedly praised for it. He's played the most games out of anyone for arguably the biggest club in the comp. 6 time All-Australian, Norm Smith medalist, endless accolades and more.

However I'd argue over that same period David Mundy as been the most underrated player in the comp. The reason for this is because he doesn't play for a big Victorian club and Fremantle haven't been super successful over the time period he's been there. He'd be more recognised if he played for West Coast. Consistently clutch and a smart ball user. Only one All Australian to show for it. And is continuing to perform at a high level now despite being at the twilight of his career. I do believe he has been disrespected throughout his career.

Am curious to see if I'm the only one who has had this thought.

Pendlebury is probably the only player of the modern era that can safely state that he has been a top 20 player for at least 8 years (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019) with a further 3 being in the top 50 IMO. Not many players can argue that. His sheer consistency beats that of Ablett (but obviously a lower peak).

I'd argue at the moment though, Mundy is the better player

Back