Mundy'S 300th AFL Appearance against the dogs

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Its 300 AFL appearances for Dave incl pre season and internationals and gives him AFL life membership. His actual in season games is 277 but the 300 appearances plus the life membership is a wonderful achievement.
Great another person getting in to GF free ahead us plebs.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
It's a pretty decent achievement. Understatement for an understated, and underrated player. True champion of this club, and the fact he hasn't scored another AA guernsey or two along the journey is an indictment on the selection of that team.

Second only behind Pav as AFL Life Members from our club.

Well done Dave - easily as good as Pendlebury, without the big name Melb club. You all know how it goes:

"If he played for a big Melbourne club..."

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's a pretty decent achievement. Understatement for an understated, and underrated player. True champion of this club, and the fact he hasn't scored another AA guernsey or two along the journey is an indictment on the selection of that team.

Second only behind Pav as AFL Life Members from our club.

Well done Dave - easily as good as Pendlebury, without the big name Melb club. You all know how it goes:

"If he played for a big Melbourne club..."
I love Mundy but if we are honest Pendles has been that good for longer. Both have similar peaks I agree, but Pendles hit his much earlier.

DMan 11

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2012
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
been saying for years he's one of our most underrated players.

You know this is true because we compare any new players kicking to Mundy's as a yardstick.
Sadly, I don't think the yard stick will ever be matched at FFC.

Champion bloke off the field from all reports too - good onya Barra, don't care that its 300 by default, that's still 300 times in purple you've done us proud !!

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
A true champion and noticed how bad our forward structure was when we moved him back into the midfield on the weekend. Yes he got 32 possesions, plenty of clearences in the middle and is still one of our best. But need his class and experience in Fwd line

But his ability to play all around the ground and balance and strength very rarely gets caught holding the ball.

It was noteworthy that the channel 7 guys i think Brayshaw the other week in the game against essendon mentioned a couple of times that Mundy hasn't got the credit he deserves due to being based in WA.

Hopefully he gets to 300 Afl premiership games it would be nice have that over west coast that we have two 300 games players and they haven't got one. Dean cox 290 the closest for them.

Is he probably still Richmond's fans worst nightmare even though they have now won a premiership.

Also what he does he receive from becoming an AFL life member.

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Would he be in the discussion as the clubs most clutch player ever?

I've lost count of the number of massive 2nd Halves / 4th Quarters he's had.

Was one of our best in the GF in 2013 as well. "Premiership and Norm Smith winning... " at the beginning of his name would have seen him close to Pendles in status.

Back