Mundy'S 300th AFL Appearance against the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Always been one of my favourite players. Thought age would catch up with him because he's never had too much pace. But he's still an A grader at 32 and credit to the guy. Players like Lewis, Vince and others are struggling but Mundy keeps producing.

Hopefully he gets the chance to make 300 games. If Freo don't allow Mundy to play on next season I'll be shattered. Losing players like Barlow broke my soul, losing Mundy with something left in the tank will be the end of me.

Always been one of my favourite players. Thought age would catch up with him because he's never had too much pace. But he's still an A grader at 32 and credit to the guy. Players like Lewis, Vince and others are struggling but Mundy keeps producing.

Hopefully he gets the chance to make 300 games. If Freo don't allow Mundy to play on next season I'll be shattered. Losing players like Barlow broke my soul, losing Mundy with something left in the tank will be the end of me.
It's definitely not easy, but I think realistically at most he has 1 more season after this one. As a rebuilding club there comes a point when we really have to let him go, and for David I'd rather that be a harsh conversation at the end of the year, than midseason and leaving him to 'taint' his legacy at Peel.

realistically at most he has 1 more season after this one
I agree with you. He's played 277 AFL games, so this season and next should get him to 300.

Huge congratulations to you Mr Mundy. You've been a favorite in our household for years and I look forward to more of your brilliance

It's definitely not easy, but I think realistically at most he has 1 more season after this one. As a rebuilding club there comes a point when we really have to let him go, and for David I'd rather that be a harsh conversation at the end of the year, than midseason and leaving him to 'taint' his legacy at Peel.
He is IMO, easily the best performed of the 30+ guys this year. We won't be moving on all 6 this year either since we don't have the picks. Fitness permitting I 100% think he should play on next year, even if he is managed and only plays 15 games.

I have to admit that at the end of last season I thought he was gone. He seemed too slow and unable to get to enough contests. It's easy to forget how much an interrupted pre-season impacts a even a top flight player.

He's been beyond very good this year with his elite kicking and ball use. I hope he get's the chance to rack up 300 AFL games.

I've met him a few times and what strikes me is how tall he is. Really nice bloke and seems at home in the forward line. Been impressed by his kicking on goal recently too. Maybe we can run out his career there and let the Ballas and Walters do the pressure chasing.

He has been a club stalwart and I hope he gets to 300 (if thats what he wants!).

What every footballer should aspire to be I reckon. Gets the best out of himself without any fuss or fanfare. Is loyal, works hard and just plays game well regardless of where his coach asks him to go. Also a plays without an ounce of 'dick-headness' that is all too prevalent in this game but still plays with strength and power (though it took a while for him to recognise his own strength and how he could use it).

Well done on life membership, hope he's good to go one more year and get that 300 so that a largely quiet achiever that is easy to miss wont be so easily forgotten in retirement.

He just keeps performing. I thought he might be a hindrance in the forward line, and allow the defenders to transition the ball out too easily, it’s not the case. He’s great up forward. We missed him in the forward line when our midfield were being obliterated by GWS. It evened up the contest but we just couldn’t score effectively.

He plays like a natural forward. I want to see him permanently forward, trying to get our forward line effective.

I have always been a big fan and I hope he plays on next year and gets to the next 300 marker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fom barretts sliding doors. Interesting - definitely the best player out of that lot IMO

FRE-header.png

If
you're in his camp ...

then
you could mount a serious argument that Mundy has been the best player taken in the 2003 draft. Competition to that argument would focus on Cooney, Fisher, Shaw, Walker, Stanton.

Fom barretts sliding doors. Interesting - definitely the best player out of that lot IMO

FRE-header.png

If
you're in his camp ...

then
you could mount a serious argument that Mundy has been the best player taken in the 2003 draft. Competition to that argument would focus on Cooney, Fisher, Shaw, Walker, Stanton.

Cooney won a Brown low but Mundy was better for longer.

Pretty much cooked the last 4 or 5 years of his career with that dickey knee.

Never rated him that highly. Not sure he would have won a Brownlow if he'd been playing for us. Mundy 77 career Brownlow votes, Cooney 83. Interestingly 24 of them came in the year he won it.

FRE-header.png

If
you're in his camp ...

then

Cooney won a Brown low but Mundy was better for longer.

Cooney was pretty badly affected with injury and one could argue we never saw his absolute top potential, with that in mind (lack of durability aside) I'd probably rate Cooney higher than Mundy, but only slightly. Of everybody else mentioned, Cooney is the only one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back